It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Target 6,617, October 25, 2009: Here Is Why

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Its human nature to get yours while you can.

Im unemployed (well hopefully rich and unemployed soon) my father came to this country with literally a backpack and 5000 dollars in the early 70's and worked his ass off

I work my ass of for over 10 hours a day to know what I know. I just dont sit on the internet like a little biatch and cry about what I dont have at the same time either.

I just gave you a wealth of good information then you decide to mock me. You deserve what you get sorry to say, and I am a very giving person.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Is that all you young dumb morons think about nowadays is getting yours and "making money" while our country implodes?. How old are you anyways? You think your grandfather and his grandfather only cared about making money? You think older generations who slaved away building our crumbling infrastructure only cared about making money? No they cared about their country, their fellow Americans and the "greater good". It wasn't a me society that's for sure.

Take a breath... GBM is a 20 something living at daddy's house, no money in the market kid. But his daddy is a CFO, so he thinks he can know it all through osmosis.

Don't let him get to you, he's not worth it

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
oh boy, you too now?

please, we already know that story and it ends up with me being correct in the long run

and no i have 0 money in market right now and have stated i live with my parents many times, i have no reason to lie, although still that doesnt make me any less smarter or knowledgable about what I know and most of you dont sorry to say (without being stuck up sounding)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You know NOTHING about this country and the generations that built it. Your father wasn't responsible for building this country either. He was part of the baby boomers who simply reaped the fruit of generations before him. America has been dying a slow death for decades. Our grandfathers and the men before them are who truly built the foundation of this country. Unlike our generation they had more to worry about then the latest and greatest cell phone, hair gel and a six pack of abs. You ever heard of the CCC? When people had no jobs back in the day they didn't sit around like you..........they were trapsing through the wilderness building our parks and hiking trails and other things our generation takes for granted. They doing the "dirty work" your generation seems to be so above doing.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

thats a pretty "narrow" view of the econ. brother

take a look at a historical chart of GDP and stock prices as well - even now when we are sub 10,000 in the dow that is still an exponential curve just like the one you just posted, but instead, i invite you to research the charts from 1974 instead of just avoiding it

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Whatevz? Peepz? Grow up dude!

by the way, you must have never read any of my previous posts, I like to mess around because the stock market can get boring and not fun to read about (well not to me haha)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Have you heard "lifes a garden, dig it"?

Joe dirt baby, whats up?

And i doubt i am wasting my life programming high frequency trading programs that very soon will be having me peeling out all over your dreams with my ferrari in your earlier years, peace out homeslice

[edit on 4-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

And while you're obsessing about Ferraris and money I'm the type of guy that will be banging you dog behind your back. LOL

Stop it, guys!
Let's get back to the OP and discuss the issue, shall we?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Come on guys.
Small business employs the majority of the work force.
Small business gets extremely little media attention even though the media won't hesitate to report that Corporations ABC, DEF, and XYZ laid off 2,000, 5,000 and 10,000 workers this week.
Small business have not and will not get bailed out due to obvious factors (for starters, they don't issue stock and help themselves to it, they don't have the economy of scale to buy influence, etc, etc.).
Small businesses are going OUT of business by large numbers every day and it's accelerating. THAT'S what's most alarming about the economy.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Good job on the info Tent. You and I, like many others know what is going on and we have seen the writing on the wall for years and know that billions of dollars in stimulis money can only kick the can down the road for so long and eventually it is time to pay the piper.

China and many other countries have had it with the fraud and market manipulation in the USA. I always plan for the worst but hope for the best.

Who will step up and stop all this crap before it is to late? At this point I dont see anyone that is capable to do it.

Maybe you will be that person someday GBM and I am not being sarcastic. We need fresh young minds that can fix this, but being an armchair quarter back in this game only gets other people hurt when you have nothing vested in the game.

Peace friends!!

[edit on 9/4/2009 by pcgeek]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have plenty invested, just not actively traded stocks.

I have about 100,000 hours of work and the projected rest of my life

I have also won and lost a $hitload in the markets when people my age were prob still trading baseball cards, so I think what I say has relevance.

Although most everything I say can be seen historically, many just choose to ignore that

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Amazing, so many people cant even have a simple debate without cutting down the other guy. Crazy.

Ok BIC, I will bite. What is your take on the currency then?

More and more state that the currency will weaken and possibly collapse.

What is your take?

And guys please, if you dont agree, just state you dont agree and present your ideas/research. I cant stand reading through 15 posts of "you suck because my views are different".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join