It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter sent home today from my daughter's school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Letter sent home today from my daughter's school

www.docstoc.com

On September 8, schools across the Nation, including those in /////county an in (state name), have been encouraged to participate in a special Web cast featuring U.S. President Barack Obama. The President's message is directed to students and is expected to focus on the importance of doing well in school. A suggested lesson plan has been establisthed to go along with this program, that the students will follow for the remaining of the week.

Sincerely
superintendent of schoo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
couldn't fit it in, but it goes on to say that no child will be penalized if he or she does not participate in the broadcast. So, here is my problem....they are going to follow the lesson plan for an entire week..taking away from important school learning curriculum under the "no child left behind act" thereby, setting the students back a week. On top of this..my child will not be penalized if she does not participate...really? then what will she do for the week? so..take a look at the lesson plan and tell me what you think.

www.docstoc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
so were is the actual lesson plan for the following week? Please don't tell me making posters of their goals is all that they are gonna do

link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
tell me what you think.

I think we already have 4 or 5 threads about this and I think you should have posted in one of them. That's what I think.

link   
This just strikes me as creepy. It's one thing to 'speak' to teenagers and highschool students......but Pre-K and little kids? It's just odd.

Creepy.....and, if the parent's don't like it or don't approve (or if the administration refuses to release the text of the President's speech beforehand so that parents can look over what is going to be said to their little kids), then they should be able to keep their children out of school and away from this speech and all of its residual lesson plans.

JMO....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

I had no idea the lesson plan included a WEEK'S worth of this. I appreciate you bringing the document and your perspective to the discussion.

It seems like an awful lot of time to devote to the President and his idea of what kids ought to be leaning. Is The President an educator now?

That's a lot of hats. Cop, Banker, Auto Manufacturer, now TEACHER? Hmm. What a talented individual he must be to have his week-long lesson supersede those set out by the boards of education that represent the citizens of this nation.

I'm thinking he keeps sticking his hands in a lot of places that the President's hands don't belong.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, the *ONLY* thing in that Lesson Plan that I found that could be construed as offensive in any way, shape, or form, by just about anyone (except an Anarchist) would be the following exercise:

"Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president. These would be collected and redistributed at an appropriate later date by the teacher to make students accountable to their goals."

My initial thought is shouldn't the President be helping the children rather than asking for their help? However, this may be concerning something as innocuous as "what they can do to help the president...keep kids in school" or "what they can do to help the president...to better education" or "what they can do to help the president...help kids want to learn". So, the findings on this solitary particular issue are inconclusive.

But the rest of it...OMG! What person would earnestly be upset about their child learning "Who is the President of the United States?" or "What do you think it takes to be President?"!!! (Again, Anarchists excluded from that statement.) How dare the President of the United States recommend a study program that encourages my child to "Create Goals"! When SHTF they are going to be devastated when they realize that all their hard-work in school to become an Astronaut amounted to nothing and now have to settle for life as a Sewage Worker content to discover sewage that no-one's ever discovered before, and later be forced out of desperation to pile it on their head, then come to the surface and sell themselves to an art gallery (forgive the Eddie Izzard comedy to prove a point)!

I'm sorry, but the whole thing seems to be a Much-Ado-About-Nothing. This is the same despicable Partisan Melodrama we have seen time and time again.

And the saddest part is that no matter how many times the One-Trick-Pony that is FoxHysteria uses the same trick, how many people fall for it again and again and again. I guess P.T. Barnum has been proven right once again.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have a seventh grade education from the Public School System. Due to political reasons it was not possible to agree on circumstances that would have allowed me to continue to attend public schools. Due to political reasons it was not possible either to agree on circumstances that would have allowed me to continue my parochial education in private schools either.

I did not attend nor complete the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade. Yet today at 45 years of age it is nearly impossible for me to convince anyone I didn’t graduate from college let alone Junior High School or High School.

The best way to see that your child is left behind is to leave them in school. Trust me missing a weeks worth of the mindless brainwashing and poor social skills they teach at schools is not going to hurt them.

Just say no to brainwashing! Always remember the proper Obama motto “No we can’t, no we won’t, I will show you my school records Mr. President if you can show me yours!”

Say no to Fascism say no to Obamaism!

new topics

top topics

join