It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentenced To Death on the NHS (National Health Service) in England.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Sentenced To Death on the NHS (National Health Service) in England.

www.telegraph.co.uk

Patients with terminal illnesses are being made to die under an NHS scheme to end their lives, leading doctors have warned.
In a letter to The Daily Telegraph, a group of experts who care for the terminally ill claim that some patients are being wrongly judged as close to death.
Under NHS guidance across England to help doctors and medical staff deal with dying patients, they can then have fluid and drugs withdrawn and many are put on continuous sedation until they pass away.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.dailymail.co.uk
www.ft.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's sad that medical professionals in England need to turn
to a national newspaper to air their alarm at what their
government controlled healthcare industry is doing. In the
U.S., we would complain to a government watchdog agency
if sick patients were being killed prematurely. But what can
you do if the government IS the source of the atrocity?

I fear that what we're seeing across England and Canada
is our future here in the USA 5 to 10 years down the road if
President Obama gets what he wants with healthcare reform.

Do an ATS forum search, or an internet search on "NHS" and
you'll see that this story is only the tip of the iceberg. With
the U.K. and Canadian systems running into deep financial
troubles, these patient abuse issues will only get worse.

I sure hope President Obama has a change-of-heart regarding
his Government Insurance option before he speaks to the
nation and Congress on Wednesday (9/9/09) evening!

-cwm

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Until you live here and use the NHS you can't really comment. If your taking what the MSM has to say as fact then you probably have even less of a place to comment on it.

Two grandparents of mine have died in NHS hospitals and they were both treated brilliantly, not one single complaint or problem. Im sure many other people will tell you the same thing.

I have personally been in hospital for minor injuries over the years and the NHS has been great. Once again no complaints or problems.

Ignore the MSM, more people are happy with the NHS than are not, I guarantee you that.

[edit on 3/9/09 by refuse_orders]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sorry, how is it the governments fault? It is not the government performing patient diagnosis, it's doctors, so if a doctor misdiagnoses the life expectancy of a patient, it is their fault. The government only provide the guidelines, it is up to the medical professionals to do what is in the best interests of the patient. If anything is the government's fault it is underfunding the NHS and putting already over stretched resourced under even more pressure.

The whole idea, as pointed out in the article, was to prevent prolonged care where the patient had little to no quality of life, not to bump people off for the sake of a few quid.

Sentenced to death? Exaggeration seems to be all the rage these days.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Active topic already open here.

Also violates T&C as the OP headline does not match the article headline.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders

Until you live here and use the NHS you can't really comment.
[edit on 3/9/09 by refuse_orders]

Well, that never seems to stop people in the UK or elsewhere from commenting on what goes on in the U.S. now does it?

Check out answers to this on my thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Centurion,
I followed the posting guidelines by doing a search on "NHS" before
posting this story. Apparently the ATS search engine didn't work
properly, because I would never intentionally post a story that is
already on ATS. I expanded the subject title by inserting "(National
Health Service)" so board visitors would know what "NHS" stood for
in the title. It was a willful violation, but one that I think the forum
moderators were flexible enough to let stand. Sorry if I stepped on
your, or anyone else's toes. Have a great Friday!
-CWM

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I think the rabbit hole goes much deeper than that.

The U.S. would not do the watchdog deal. If the U.S. really even cared about anything, they would ask The Automakers why they have so many patents filed that would help save the world... that arent even being used...

So about Healthcare in England. Some people try to prolong the lives of those suffering. Some lives should end. Like someone who has been in a coma for 2 years... thats rediculous, or someone who is in a vegetated state. Or a person who is mentall retarded... has seizures, and wouldn't last a day without 6 prescriptions. Those people will be born into another life. Why delay them of that privledge... why let them suffer?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
this happens all the time here to not just merry old england . my land loord is 76
he had a heart attack last year and they sent him home to die he was prescribed 2 percocets every 4 hours well guess what he got better then had another heart attack he was sent home on hospice plan to die again now they are talking about giving him morphine every few hours at his home till he dies. what is causing his heart problems blockages in his legs that could be trated with medication and angiopasy but medicare is to cheap after he paid into system all his life medicare says making him well costs too much

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

I live in England too and I've used the NHS, and I think your comment is complete bollocks. Anyone with a brain can see what the NHS is like, they do not need to be a British citizen and user of it to see what goes on here.

You think these headlines are just made up or something?

top topics

join