It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Atomic Weapons of Mass Destruction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Gotta contradict you on the glass. Nuclear glass is generally yellowish green by all accounts I've read.

As for the other corrections, you've inspired me to recheck my sources so I wont be responding immediately.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
From reading your link about OKLO reactions, I gather that they produce enriched uranium, and that the process lasts about a million years.

The finds in the great lakes area were dated as being only in the 10s of thousands of years old, and they contained depleted uranium in all but two cases. They do not seem to fit the description of an OKLO reaction.

EDIT:
I googled "Mahabharata" + "fraud", as well as "Iron thunderbolt + hoax". I have found assertions of your point, mostly blaming nexus for starting this, and apparently assuming that all versions online are derived from Nexus' version. Unfortunately nobody has seen fit to provide evidence rather than pointing a finger at Nexus, so i'll have to actually find a translation of the Mahabharata. I can't say I'm too happy about having to read (or at least skim) such a large book, but that's the price you pay for being quick to believe what you read online.

I went back and reviewed my earlier postings as well. I never claimed that all or even many ancient civilizations had pre-historical nuclear wars, nor did I say that the stories I cited were certainly nuclear in nature (although I did venture a wild guess in one case only- the pyramid war). I was answering a question about which cultures I am aware of that have ancient stories of a huge war. If you respond to my actual statement, you can't include Egypt in your list. Egyptians believed in a war between Osiris, Horus, and Set. There was supposed to be a Sumerian story about a war between Enki and Enlil but a few of my favorite online encyclopedias know nothing of this, and have corrected errors in the source of that story, so I must conclude that the war story is a hoax or a bad interpretation

I'll check out the native american angle later.

I have to say, I'm glad to get some good direction on this subject for a change. It would be sorta nice if you'd spell it out for me instead of just inspiring me to spend hours double checking details in the encyclopedia, but at least I learned something new.
I'm amazed by the fact that it's often harder to establish the truth as a fact than it is to establish a myth as such. The fact that true events will generally be accompanied by evidence, which can be misinterperted, or some of which may appear contradictory, gives truth a disadvantage against neatly self-contained stories with false bibliographies that the average person will be unable to verify. In the case of the "pyramid war" story, I could find no evidence of absence until I realized that the page promoting that story had gotten Enki's origin wrong, which lead me into seeing a wide gap between the story and the ecyclopedia entry on Sumerian mythology.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here is an very old ATS archived topic that may add fuel to the fire, so to speak, to and for this topic:
Evidence of ancient nuclear wars?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this is very possible....the government could be testing bombs that can warp to places instead of cruising towards the target....some of the bombs were lost in the warp and ended up in ancient iraq....maybe there is another earth similiar to ours and they fired a nuke at our younger earth which was not so developed yet.....or maybe somebody traveled back in time with high tech stuff and made a nuke....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Some member might consider looking up Jonathan Gray, he has spoken extensively about this subject including Dead Men's Secrets.

I first heard him on a radio station...its strange I never actually thought something was up until Sept. 11 and since then so many facts/theories have been coming in ever since, including people I have met who have told me about their involvement in the military with some crazy things, anyway...

One of the questions asked in this thread was how come their technology isn't remaining in some form...Gray said that metal, glass, and especially wood all deteriorate pretty fast (I'm assuming above he was talking about those above ground) in the grand spectrum of things and its not surprising they arent around today.

With that in mind, this theory would account for the information that ancient civilizations possessed. He has also put forth information that numerous artifacts were found under antarctic ice, including roads...

Anyway..I found this one site, you can sign up to be a member and listen to a free interview...www.burlingtonnews.net...

Ron Wyatt is another name that comes up with Gray. Everything I find about Gray is for sale or requires membership so I'm not sure how much validity this guy has, but it sounded good on the radio.

Anyone have more info..particulary about Gray?

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Then the Lord rained upn Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven. And he overthrew those cities, and all the pain and all the inhabitants of cities, and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of pain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace.

Is the fire that rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah a missile or bomb? Isn’t the total devastation described by the author reminiscent of Hiroshima and
Nagasaki? Doesn’t the smoke of this explosion remind you of the mushroom cloud created by an atomic bomb?

The inevitable question is why extraterrestrials would want to destroy a corrupted earthly city. If my assumption is correct, the answer would most likely be connected to alien intervention in our genetic development.
Perhaps their intervention included safeguarding their genetic handiwork. That is, ensuring that no undesirable genetic strains or mutations occurred. It it is clear that many residents of Sodom and Gomorrah practiced acts that were considered deviant, most notably homosexuality. But could they have become genetically polluted by homosexual acts? Of course not. But some researchers suspect that they went beyond homosexuality. Way beyond. I’ve read translations of ancient documents that reports sexual acts as deviant as bestiality in some places, including Sodom and Gomorrah. If those reports are correct, genetic pollution could indeed have occurred, because mankind was said to be at a phase in the genetic intervention process when humans and lower species of animals could produce offspring together. Those same documents allege that many of the old myths and pictures that show human-animal hybrid creatures were therefore to be taken literally.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I had seen one time before where this could have been caused by a massive electrical surge released by the earth. Potentially at the time of a magnetic reversal. It was compared to what happens when a high voltage charge was applied to sand and the areas the wire touched turned to glass. If a large charge was released could it not cause areas to turn to a glass like surface?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
this topic caught my eye a bit ago...I thought it seemed somewhat irrational...till I did some research...Now it seems that there is A LOT that is kept from us about ancient civilizations that we diddn't know before.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
well i really hate to burst bubbles but Fuel air explosives FAE's create mushroom clouds Look up MOAB the level of destruction is nearly the same but its non nuclear and furthermore a college student can build a Nuke but without specific knowlege of the physics involved he or she couldn't make it do Crack off

a Fuel air explosive however is very simple its aerosolized fuel that is then lit nasty boom big destruction tends to flatten areas like a hydrogen bomb
it is far more likely that someone discovered how to make a fuel air explosive than a nuke the ancient Greeks had flamethrowers the FAE isn't that far ahead of that

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

furthermore a college student can build a Nuke

Correct but not completely. The theory is well known, the actual making of the bomb components requires a high tech machine shop, the ability to process radioactive materials - and depending on which design is used, handling high exploses very carefully, plus electonic knowledge.

One can see the problems Iran and North Korea are having and the problems the South Africans, Isrealis and others have had in bringing a weapon into the world.

It is thought high tech countries like Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Germany etc could build a uranium bomb in six-nine months and a P warhead in about double that time. H bombs a few years.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hi Byrd

I have a lot of respect for your posts and your debunking ability, but your assertion that vimanas were not flying machines is completely contrary to the Wikipedia article on the subject.

I believe if you check here you'll see vimanam is the temple roof, and vimana is indeed an ancient flying chariot, and has made it into modern Indian languages as the definition of "airplane".

The article on vimanas seems pretty reliable too, with sources cited and sensible examples given.

If you feel this information to be inaccurate, could you please provide sources?

Vagabond

Excellent job. There is a lot of reason to think a long time ago something like a massive war did happen, that has been remembered as religion and gods.

I especially like Irish mythology. Dian Cecht of the Tuatha Dé Danann is credited with building King Nuada a working silver arm (a stainless steel bionic replacement, presumably), which Cecht's son then improved upon by creating a living arm and reattaching that to King Nuada's stump instead (vat-grown limbs).

Balor of the Evil Eye is interesting too, because even after Lugh managed to drive the eye out of the back of Balor's head, the eye still continued to send it's "laser" beam out and destroy Balor's own army. If this was the anthropomorphised story of a hero destroying or disabling the main weapon of a battle tank, it would not surprise me. Especially as some legends make reference to Balor requiring a team of men with ropes and pulleys to open his eyelid.

All ancient mythologies have the artisan god(s) or beings, who create the weapons the gods use, as the gods cannot create these things by themselves. This is very much akin to the chief engineer or doctor of a ship. These people were in charge of the subject, hence they became the god of it.

If anyone can provide any more examples of ancient myths that are clearly technology (like Nuada's bionic arm), please post them as I'd like to get a database of sorts going.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Howdy CC

I don't think Byrd posts here much anymore but you can find her at the Hall of Ma'at.

Yep there was a war it just had a lot of mythological stuff added into it-like Homer adding in gods in Illaid

"Technology" is a modern interpretation of what was then, not technology but magic. Magic is not technology.

Unfotrunately nothing has ever shown up to support the idea of a previous technological society.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

By the Gods, SHUT UP. Sorry I had to get it out, because I would explode. V ... you should know that mecury is now, presently used in a specila kind of a machine. In finland in a local particle accelator, they discovered that if they put a combination of rare metals like cobalt with mercury together , cooled beneath 180 degree celsius and aply strong variable pulsating electro-magnetic fields to this mixture and began to rotating it at a speed of 50000 rotations per second ... the electro/quantum antigravitic/gravitic effects would increase 10.000.000.000.000.000.000 folds (yes you read right 10 bilion trilion times more than predicted by MST)!!! against all Main Stream Theorys (String, Quantum, not-revised Einstein). There is good thread about it : www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/08/09 by Durabys]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Durabys

What a lovely idea you have. Do something useful with it and I will readily believe my eyes.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
not possible that it was lightening?

Fulgurites (from the Latin fulgur meaning thunderbolt) are natural hollow glass tubes formed in quartzose sand, or silica, or soil by lightning strikes. They are formed when lightning with a temperature of at least 1,800 °C (3,270 °F) instantaneously melts silica on a conductive surface and fuses grains together; the fulgurite tube is the cooled product. This process occurs over a period of around one second, and leaves evidence of the lightning path and its dispersion over the surface

en.wikipedia.org...

And these guys use a similar effect by discharging high voltage electricity into clear acrylic forming Lichtenberg figures. They then sell what they make.

As for the radioactive areas.... I have seen papers about copper smelting in the area. The idea being that the ore that they used was high in radioactive material and the hot spots are just trailings from ancient smelting operations.

Another possibility is that they are similar to the naturally occurring nuclear reactors. They were discovered by (French?) scientists who were looking at ore samples. The ore's radioisotope concentration indicated that it had already been through a reactor. Doing a similar measurement at the Indian sites could determine a bit more about the source.

Natural Nuclear Reactors

And.. of course... possibility number three is that there was a nuclear exchange between waring factions in the distant past.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Does anybody here know if Mercury might be fissible? Mercury is supposed to have some poorly understood and highly explosive properties I've heard, and the French government supposedly was interested in developing it as rocket fuel for missiles.

Well... Fulminated Mercury will explode if impacted.... that's why they use it in primers on bullets.

Fissile? BTFOOM... but Mercury 194 with a half life of 44 years decays into Gold 194.

Mercury 195 with a half life of 9.9 hours decays into Gold 195

Mercury 197 with a half life of 64.14 hours decays into Gold 197.

Mercury 203 with a half life of 46.612 days decays into Thallium 203.

en.wikipedia.org...(element)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There are vitrified areas in very ancient (pre-history) urban centers in the Indus Valley (India/Pakistan), Sinai desert peninsula (Egypt) & if memory serves me correctly, Peru/Bolivia?
Strange how it is the very ancient "lost" civilization areas that display these anomalous (SP?) features, ie. vitrified/melted/fused sand/rock/soil/pottery/brick.
The past is NOT as reported!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by virricocha
There are vitrified areas in very ancient (pre-history) urban centers in the Indus Valley (India/Pakistan), Sinai desert peninsula (Egypt) & if memory serves me correctly, Peru/Bolivia?
Strange how it is the very ancient "lost" civilization areas that display these anomalous (SP?) features, ie. vitrified/melted/fused sand/rock/soil/pottery/brick.
The past is NOT as reported!

Vitrification has always been a problem for me.

Silica melts at about 3002° F ( 1650(±75) °C ). And though Propane and Wood both get to about 3590° ( 1977°C ) in the flame... you have to maintain that temperature for a while to get the sand grains to start to melt into a glassy substance. Yet there have been reports of entire cliff faces that have been vitrified.

One of the many things that make you go "Hmm....."

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkAngel
This member copied his post from here:
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Warnings are adding up!

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

One has but to actually read the Mahhabaratah in its entirety... it makes perfect sense when you really get into the history and what it was written about....

Many (if not all) of my hindi friends and business asscoaiates all say it happened..and unless we are very careful...history is going to repeat itself...and very soon.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Always take religious beliefs with a large block of salt. The Archaeology of India shows that there were no nuclear wars nor any 'advance' technology floating around during the time of their myths.

Part of the problem is 'aggressive' translations by 20th century 'beleivers' who distorted the message that has come to us from those periods. They were talking about gods and demons. Not real people, just like most every other religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join