It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Atomic Weapons of Mass Destruction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Are there any other cultures whose historical texts speak of a great war? Or are the Hindi the only culture?

Very intersting post.

Vagobond, you rock!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am annoyed to realized that I don't own a bible anymore. Once upon a time I planned to become a baptist minister.
Anyway, somebody will have to fill in the verse for me since I dont know it.

Christians and Jews both have the war in heaven, Soddom and Gamorrah, and God destroying the enemies of Israel with hail. Depending on what book its in, Muslims may acknowledge that also.

The Hindu Vedic epics Mahabharata and Ramayana have the best descriptions of course.

The Egyptian account of the Pyramid war describes an impercievable force cutting down armies. Sounds like the neutron bomb (which is a sub-megaton nuke). The link below deals with the Egyptian and Sumerian myths of war between the Gods and desribes the pyramids as being rather technological.
sidesearch.lycos.com...

Plato's account of Atlantis centers on a war between Atlantis and a mediterranean coalition lead by Athens.

Native American legends also have it that there was an advanced civilization with "silvery eagles" that was anhilated by a huge cataclysm in war. I heard that on a radio show so a source may take a while to find.

Always feel free to question anything I say. Just because i didn't post a source doesn't mean I am not willing to dig one up, or maybe that i dont have one i forgot about in my bookmarks already.

Anyway, there are several war stories of varying detail, and there there is evidence of nuclear disaster in North America, South America, North Africa, Asia Minor, Europe, and Asia (specifically india/pakistan).

I've got so many ideas rattling in my head i may never follow them all, but I'll update you all as I try to figure out exactly what may have really happened.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ancient people could not have created nuclear weapons or produce energy from radioactive material because they did not have the proper tools, or equipment... There is no trace of them having anykind of technology like that, and if they did they probably would've used it not knowing what effect it would've had, then there would be evidnece...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Whoops, didn't notice this thread and posted something related to another one. I won't get in trouble for that, will I?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Please correct me if I�m wrong but isn�t it possible for nuclear reactions to occur naturally under very specific conditions? A seem to vaguely recall reading about such an occurrence taking place in a mine in North Africa on a very small scale.

AD brings up a valid point, surely a civilisation capable of producing nuclear weapons would leave behind huge amounts of evidence in large scale settlements, equipment, materials, clear written records, industry, etc. It would be a mammoth task to scour all evidence of a civilisation as advanced as our own from the earth, and if such a scouring did take place then why leave behind just the evidence of nuclear blasts?

EDIT: I guess all of these points could be explained if it was some sort of otherwordly civilisation which used these weapons

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Azrael]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael
Please correct me if I�m wrong but isn�t it possible for nuclear reactions to occur naturally under very specific conditions? A seem to vaguely recall reading about such an occurrence taking place in a mine in North Africa on a very small scale.

AD brings up a valid point, surely a civilisation capable of producing nuclear weapons would leave behind huge amounts of evidence in large scale settlements, equipment, materials, clear written records, industry, etc. It would be a mammoth task to scour all evidence of a civilisation as advanced as our own from the earth, and if such a scouring did take place then why leave behind just the evidence of nuclear blasts?

EDIT: I guess all of these points could be explained if it was some sort of otherwordly civilisation which used these weapons

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Azrael]

if they did happen naturally, and could figure out a way to harness that there would not necessarily be much 'evidence'. Plus, you never know what other factors were at work in the world at those times.

Overall, I'd like to believe it, and I don't doubt the increased uranium levels and such, but I'd just like to have a better grasp on 'how' it happened technologically.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Since uranium is a naturally occurring element, you would have to prove that the increased levels are not the result of climate changes.

What you need to find is fission products that do not occur naturally in nature.

d1k

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
...ask me what i think about Nazi technology some day.

I have a very old, rare video regarding Nazi's having UFO technology. Showing pictures, diagrams and other documents showing all sorts of stuff.

I'll be glad to send it to someone whom can put it on web space and put a link here online. The file is 20mb.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Vagabond -
Can you provide specific locations for nuclear evidence?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Forgive the tardy reply. My computer has frozen 5 times now in the midst of trying to post this. Apparently God is trying to protect my reputation, but I'll not have it. My madness shall persist

abob.libs.uga.edu...
This link has a lot to chew on, but it details findings at several sites around the great lakes which are mapped out.
These sites, where chert (silica glass) has been found all contain elevated levels of C-14, increased ratios of U238 to U235, and increased levels of plutonium. The simplest answer for the abundance and depletion of uranium in these locations, along with the formation of Plutonium from U238 and the increased levels of C-14, is that the area was bombarded by thermal neutrons. The fact that it is localized is damaging to any arguement that it was an astronomical event, unless one assumes that a hole in the ozone existed over this region at some point but healed in a relatively short time.
An alternate source of particle bombardment would be a nuclear explosion or a neutron bomb (as is argueably described in the story of the Pyramid war). It must be mentioned, however, that Cessium, which SHOULD be present in the fallout from a nuclear weapon (at least as we know them: meaning a nuclear weapon based on Uranium or Plutonium- i have no knowledge of what other possible fissile materials would yeild) was not present.

Also of interest, two sites did not reveal depleted uranium, but rather ENRICHED uranium. Both cases are unheard of as natural phenomenon: the variation in U235 to U328 ratios is only .01 percent. The typical composition of a Uranium deposit is .72% U235.

In addition to this, there is a more famous case of a vitrified and irradiated city found near Rajastan and Jomphur in India (I believe I already provided that link) as well as the Pakistani city of Mohenjo Daro (pardon my spelling perhaps). In the later case, some 40 sets of remains were found in the street, and I have heard that some discovery in the temple indicated that they had been praying for salvation from the light which was to come.

There are other stories I haven't even looked into yet. Notably there is a Native American legend of great cities in Death Valley, which I will look up eventually. Unfortunately (from a certain perspective) I am working again, and although I enjoy the money, it takes away most of the time I used to invest in fool's errands.

EDIT: Roark I've been meaning to address your last post for some time. Climate changes don't cause elements to grow. A 166% jump is no small thing either. Finally, I had already presented evidence of fission: because extra carbon 14 means particle bombardment. Now I've given you more evidence of the same type, along with chert in the area.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael

Although I can not completely say that it is impossible, I can tell you this much. The sources I have researched claim that only U235 is fissible, and U238 is not. Natural Uranium ore is only .72% U235, while the material in reactors is about 3% and "highly enriched" or "weapons grade" would be over 20% U235. That being considered, it is difficult to imagine that a freak accident in a Uranium vein could reach critical mass, unless of course astronomical forces were acting on an incredibly large area in a rather precise way. I am no expert though, so I'm open to more factual input from anyone who has it.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thanks vagabond! I'll check these out, and the more to chew the better. I think perhaps the most interesting aspect of locations such as these are the questions they raise about many of the theories our science and history are based on. One or the other is left in need of revision. I'd lean towards history, as I think that if any previous culture discovered any form of a-bomb, it would not share all of the same characteristics as our technology, and discovering a geological process that would result in such locations is very unlikely.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Does anybody here know if Mercury might be fissible? Mercury is supposed to have some poorly understood and highly explosive properties I've heard, and the French government supposedly was interested in developing it as rocket fuel for missiles.

I agree that the technology was probably different in many ways. I doubt that petroleum is the only way to go, and as a result, our petroleum based development could be VASTLY different from perhaps even the majority of possible development scenarios.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I found this from reading the Bible and the FALL of Mankind, can check out my website.

I also believe that I started looking for evidence after a scientist found similaritys from the testing we did in White Sands New Mexico, and sites around the world. The similarity was globs of glass, that occured in New Mexico and these sites he was seeing.

So for me it was not a new WEAPON but one that brought about the Fall of Mankind. As it is written the Beginning shall be as the End, so that as our battle or Fall is recorded that as it started it shall end.

With that I speak of World War III and how Revelation and the Mother of all battle's. John spoke about this battle in the first century and here we are in the 21st and what he talked about being PILLARS of clouds. Plural in that we have multi-warheads and we see the pillars for the first time during World War II when we drop an Atomic weapon on Japan. That pillar of cloud we can see thru documentary's and then read Revelation, how did this person see what we have today that can also follow the Bible with the flesh shall be consumed, the eye's in their sockets, and the tongue in their mouths. Shadows of those standing when the bomb went off in Japan is all that is left of those people, yet clearly they must have vaporized as described.

Clearly we have learned only to bring into the light of day those things which brought about the fall of a world.

Michael

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I've read revelations several times (many years ago I admit) and I don't remember pillars of cloud. Please slow down and cite verses. You have got my interest, but I find it difficult to follow you train of thought when I've only got fragments with no sources.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

ask me what i think about Nazi technology some day).

Go on then, what do you reckon?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...#pid551390

This is my earlier post on the possibility of a Nazi base in antarctica which perhaps contained secret technology.
The following details can be added to that post: 1. The Nazi submarine carrying Uranium was U-234, not U-253. 2. The new Nazi type 21 Uboats were never recovered at the end of the war. Many had been missing from their pens. 3. James Forrestal "jumped" out the window at 1:45 AM on the same day he was supposed to be released from Bethesda, after showing rapid improvements in his mental condition.

Also, you can add to the post there that I believe the source of Nazi technology was heavily tied in with a knowledge of Herbrew Kabbalah and ancient Hindu knowledge. Specifically, that the unspeakable hebrew name of God was actually an equation- a perfect theory of physics, which was mystified and passed down through the ages, and which the Nazis and Allies were battling over as a super-weapon that could give world domination. The establishment of Israel then was a pay-off for Kabbalist help in staying current with Nazi technology.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There's a ton of green glass that used to wash up on the shores of Lake Erie all the time. I've always attributed it to being from broken beer or coke bottles that over time- the sharp edges have been smoothed.

Now the article posted at least leads me to believe it may have cmme about in some other way.

I don't believe its from any ancient atomic war, but at least its interesting to think that the glass has another origin that isn't as mundane.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
MMMkay... (from the top)

No, the real Hindu Mahabarata doesn't describe an atomic war. Most of the verses floating around about them (including the aftermath) are frauds. They do describe a thunderbolt weapon, yes. Vimana are not spacecraft; they're temple roofs. They're mentioned in a number of scriptures and don't fly (except once when a demon hopped on one and levitated it) and they're a common feature of Hindu archetecture.

No, most cultures don't have stories of atomic wars in prehistory. I'll be glad to cite an exhaustive list, if anyone needs it (starting with the Chinese, the Celts, a whole long list of Indian tribes, Mayans, Incans, Egyptians... and so on and so forth.)

Yes, natural reactors DO exist. This one surprised me, but it's true and has been cited in enough scientific literature to convince me that it's not bogus. They're called OKLO reactors:
www.curtin.edu.au...

Native American legends also have it that there was an advanced civilization with "silvery eagles" that was anhilated by a huge cataclysm in war. I heard that on a radio show so a source may take a while to find

That one's bogus. If you take the time to look it up, you'll find that the name of the "Indian" is not a word or name in that tribal language and that the tribe itself doesn't have that legend.

There's a ton of green glass that used to wash up on the shores of Lake Erie all the time. I've always attributed it to being from broken beer or coke bottles that over time- the sharp edges have been smoothed

Your first explaination is right (I've got some of the stuff.) It's garbage-glass. Nuclear/lightning/meteorite strike glass looks a LOT different (for one thing, it's generally black. Think obsidian.)

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thank you for the clarification.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join