It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Presidental Address to the Children of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
School Kids to Get Assignment from Obama

In the midst of a rancorous health care debate and a sustained period of declining poll numbers, President Obama is seeking help from an unexpected constituency -- America's schoolchildren.

And they better pay attention to his request: They may get graded on the assignment.

The White House announced Wednesday that the president plans to tape a presidential address to public schoolchildren around the country to air at noon Tuesday. Along with advanced word of the speech, the U.S. Department of Education last week distributed a "menu of classroom activities" to teachers that aims to turn the speech into one of Mr. Obama's teachable moments

President Barack Obama to Make Historic Speech to America's Students

At 12:00 p.m., Eastern Time (ET), September 8, 2009, President Barack Obama will deliver a national address to the students of America. (Please note that this is a change from the originally scheduled time.) During this special address, the president will speak directly to the nation’s children and youth about persisting and succeeding in school. The president will challenge students to work hard, set educational goals, and take responsibility for their learning.

The U.S. Department of Education invites students of all ages, teachers, and administrators to participate in this historic moment by watching the president deliver the address, which will be broadcast live on the White House Web site (www.whitehouse.gov...) and on C-SPAN at 12:00 p.m., ET. We also encourage educators to use this moment to help students get focused and inspired to begin the new academic year. The Department of Education offers educators a menu of classroom activities—created by its teachers-in-residence, the Teaching Ambassador Fellows—to help engage students in the address and stimulate classroom discussions about the importance of education.

I know someone posted something about this earlier, but this is the news articles about it. Sorry if this has been alread yposted or it's old news.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The U.S. Department of Education invites students of all ages, teachers, and administrators to participate in this historic moment by watching the president deliver the address, which will be broadcast live on the White House Web site (www.whitehouse.gov...) and on C-SPAN at 12:00 p.m.,

uhh.....and PARENTS?? Oh, no, I guess not. Don't say THAT, does it?

So why is it going to take an hour to say. 'stay in school, help your community and just say no?'

Paper: Obama Clearly Using Covert Hypnosis Methods

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

The U.S. Department of Education invites students of all ages, teachers, and administrators to participate in this historic moment by watching the president deliver the address, which will be broadcast live on the White House Web site (www.whitehouse.gov...) and on C-SPAN at 12:00 p.m.,

uhh.....and PARENTS?? Oh, no, I guess not. Don't say THAT, does it?

So why is it going to take an hour to say. 'stay in school, help your community and just say no?'

Paper: Obama Clearly Using Covert Hypnosis Methods

I have a typing thing I have to do for school every day, and it is just like that, you are destracted by trying to get a good grade and the typing you do on the keyboard, and I, being the curios person I am, decide to read what I'm typing, it turns out, it is about jobs, and how you have to obtain a high social class, and work hard to make a living and be a good person. That is also what obama is talking about during his speach. Thanks for the video, now I know how to detect what is being shoved in my head.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yeah...I'm still not sure about any of this...it just strikes me as odd...not sure why. It's not that I hate Obama, I really don't I just don't agree with mountains of debt, pet projects being funded for his cronies and business as usual when it comes to wars in other countries.

I know he has made it a point to embrace the use of various media during his campaign and his presidency. I can appreciate that, I really can, but politics to my 8 year olds is a bit deep, and yes, they are susceptible to manipulation. They're 8.

In my opinion, he could have avoided the whole 'perception' of impropriety, if he would have just welcomed parents to sit down with their children one night to watch a speech TOGETHER. He probably knows, like I do, that the kids wouldn't watch it. If you haven't said what you need to say in five minutes, you've lost the kids attention.

I just think the perception is that he is trying to eliminate the parents from the event and that makes a lot of people nervous. You never stand between a bear and it's cubs. Ever.

new topics

top topics

join