It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting face crying a river of tears as glacier melts into the sea

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

That is a suffering face - She is suffering because we are not teaching our children the right way to live.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
IT'S AMAZING HOW BELIEFS BECOME RELIGION!

I think this Ice has as much relevance to our actual climate as when some one sells a Pop Tart on e-Bay because the blueberry stain looks like Jesus Christ.

It makes me wonder about our imagination, our brains can invent either lunacy or inspiration and one way or another it is responsible for both our greatest triumphs and most noble behaviors and also unlimited death and suffering.

What I see in this thread... Is a concept of environment being made into religion...

And like all concepts before it, it was born from noble roots

I just don't know as I see it now made into superstition so regularly, what it will be... 1 Billion abortions? The end of modern civilization? War over water that is everywhere?

Who knows, I can tell though this once decent Ism will be responsible for the loss of more Human life than "global warming" ever could have taken just like every other ism that came before Environmentalism has.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
Could atmospheric temperature be raised by ,
- a couple of billion petrol / diesel motors ,running 24/7. [they are hot]
- black tarmac [in abundance]
- ever increasing airborne particles that trap the heat

?????????????????????????????

yes........

Errr..... No.

Airborne particles for the most part have a cooling effect on the planet. Just look at Global temps for a year after a major volcanic eruption that has a lot of smoke and ash associated with it.

It makes for pretty sunsets too.............

<< 4  5  6   >>

join