It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Teen Tackles Girl Waving Gun On School Bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

cbs5.com

Yazoo County Sheriff Tommy Vaughan said there was plenty of drama in watching the school bus security tape of a 14-year-old girl pulling a handgun from her bag.

Vaughan said the girl boarded the bus Tuesday and walked better than halfway toward the back. He said she reached into a flower-print bag and pulled out a chrome-plated .380-caliber semiautomatic handgun and began shouting and threatening the other students.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Vaughan said Yazoo County High School football player Kaleb Eulls approached the girl and tackled her. Vaughan said the students both went down, and a second later, Eulls' right hand shot back into view holding the weapon.

Eulls, a 6-foot 4-inch, 255-pound senior, said he was asleep when the girl boarded the bus. When she pulled out the gun, one of Eulls' three younger sisters, who were among the 22 people on the bus, shook him awake, he said.

Eulls said he tried to get the girl's attention.

Vaughan said the incident occurred in a rural part of the county that is miles from help. Many of the students were elementary age.

Vaughan said the girl was arrested on 22 counts of attempted aggravated assault, 22 counts of kidnapping and one count of possession of a firearm on school property. She was being held in the county juvenile facility. Her identity has not been released.

Vaughan said he wanted to know more about the gun, which he described as an inexpensive model prone to firing accidentally.

Looks like this young hero saved the lives of many school children. This time the gun wielder was Female.

cbs5.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good for him glad to see that he stood up and was successful. Things could have gone south in more ways than I can count on this one. To bad the video was so crummy. Wonder how many counts they are going to actually get to stick with this and how many get plea bargained.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I am glad no one was hurt ,but I hate these stories. Most of the school shooters are on psychiatric drugs usually with a fair amount of mind control to boot. We are supposed to pretend no one saw this coming.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

cbs5.com

Yazoo County Sheriff Tommy Vaughan said there was plenty of drama in watching the school bus security tape of a 14-year-old girl pulling a handgun from her bag.

Vaughan said the girl boarded the bus Tuesday and walked better than halfway toward the back. He said she reached into a flower-print bag and pulled out a chrome-plated .380-caliber semiautomatic handgun and began shouting and threatening the other students.

Wow. I thought it was Miss Teen, like the beauty pageant.
But good for this guy! Things are just so damn crazy anymore. Used to be I had to worry about bloody noses and insults, but not guns. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That was such a scary scene. Watching the girl walking around and pointing the gun like it was nothing. She could have killed someone so easily. The guy was a hero no doubt about it but he could have escalated the incident also.

I'm glad this story had a happy ending. It could have turned out horrendous.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Carrie FTW?

sorry bad joke lol

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It is videos like this that reinforce my decision to not allow my daughter to ride the bus. Good job to the kid who grabbed the gun. I am glad no one got hurt.
This is definatley every parents nightmare. Thanks for sharing this my friend. S&F

[edit on 3-9-2009 by djvexd]

new topics

top topics

join