It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Finger Bitten Off In Fight At Health Care Rally"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Link

A witness from the scene says a man was walking through the anti-reform group to get to the pro-reform side when he got into an altercation with the 65-year-old, who opposes health care reform.

These things happen.

The man in the orange shirt hit the pro-reform guy (I'm going to call him PR Guy just to keep the players straight). Hard. ... He punched him in the face, knocked him to the ground and into that thruway. ... He got up, tried to get back up on the curb, but Orange Shirt guy was in his face. Finger in his face, PR Guy standing, steps up to the curb, and there's a scuffle. Orange shirt seemed to have PR Guy in a hold, but again, I was across the street, so won't state that as absolute fact. Next thing I see is PR Guy's hat being tossed into the street, both yelling at one another, then Orange shirt walks away, PR Guy picks up hat and crosses to our side.

When he gets to our side, he tells a story in one sentence: "He punched me hard, straight in the face, so I bit his finger off."

Um, this happens, but much less often.

The injured anti-reform man walked to Los Robles hospital to have the finger reattached.

He had Medicare.

Ah, and to end a bit of hypocrisy. This happens ALL the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
heh! and to think Billy meier and the plaedians don't believe in Karma.. oh natures justice can be fitting.

A

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Funny, I heard a different version of the story. I'll have to go back and find the article. I guarantee I didn't read it from leftingtonpost.com.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

are you saying that the huffington post has a 'left' leaning bias? if so, i am very surprised. you know i really believe that this 'news' organization was incredibly fair and balanced

when i surf the web looking for a story to be told in a completely bias free manner i always hit up huffpo first.

you know, they always go out of their way to tell both sides of a story. they always have an equal number of pundits from every angel and they pride themselves on honesty.

this is a good thing, you know, its hard to find honest people in the world today. that is why i like church. churches are just so dam full of honest people. people who have dedicated their loves to god and doing gods work here on earth.

that is why so many churches have doughnuts after service. it is to feed the hungry masses. you know, this is really high on gods list of priorities so the good church folk are all over it. i mean handing out doughnuts mere minutes after service ends! wow.

yup, honest people rock. got to love all that fair and balanced honesty that is going around these days. i mean, geewhizz it is so easy to find information that goes out of its way to tell BOTH sides of a story. no wonder we have such peace and love in the air in the usa today.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I would say that the Huffington Post has a significant left-wing bias; granted, I haven't bothered reading any of their stuff in the last several months and perhaps they've changed.

In this case, however, their accounting seems in line with everything else I've heard. Yeah, the guy got his finger bitten off, but I have yet to see a report where he didn't throw the first punch. He started it, he's responsible for the consequences, IMO.

On the other hand, I don't think he's a hypocrite for having Medicare. He has, afterall, paid into the system for the last 40 years. I don't blame him under any circumstances for receiving benefits from something he's paid for his entire life.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Please contribute your thoughts to the previous discussion on this event:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join