It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lung damage in fatal swine flu cases more bird flu than seasonal flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Lung damage in fatal swine flu cases more bird flu than seasonal flu: expert

The lungs of people who have died from swine flu look more like those of the victims of H5N1 avian influenza than those of people who succumb to regular flu, the chief of infectious diseases pathology at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control says.

Study of about 70 fatal H1N1 cases so far also reveals there may be more incidences of co-infections with bacteria than was earlier thought, Dr. Sherif Zaki told The Canadian Press in an interview.

The damage to lung tissue is consistent with that inflicted by ARDS or acute respiratory distress symptom, Zaki says, referring to an often-fatal, difficult-to-treat syndrome that can have a number of causes. The U.S. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute estimates about 30 per cent of people who develop ARDS die.

"In terms of the disease, yes, it (H1N1) is remarkably different than seasonal flu," Zaki says. "The pathology looks very similar to H5(N1)."

www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 3-9-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's mutating.

Not surprised.

Anyone surprised?

Hope not because you'll get a big slap in the face when people start dropping like flies.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, I happen to think this has been happening for some time now but they haven't wanted to let the cat out of the bag...pretty darn scary, and if people haven't been preparing themselves for a mutation to occur, then this article might just do the trick.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think we were all just waiting for this to happen, we all knew it would mutate, it has gone through and is going through too many people to NOT mutate.

I for one will be bracing myself over the next few weeks.

S&F

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Ibex08]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah! I have suspected this all along!

There is something else out there beside H1N1 that these people are dying from right now!

Is it another more deadlier strain of H1N1? or is it something similar to birdflu H5N1?

Strikingly high levels of virus were spotted in the lungs of people who died rapidly from swine flu, he says, though less is seen in those who die after a longer battle with the virus.

"Some people die very quickly of it, within days. And some have more protracted illness, maybe two, three weeks," he says.

"It's surprising the amounts (of virus) that you see.... But it's not unheard of," he adds, pointing to what was seen with SARS.

Earlier studies conducted in tissue culture and in ferrets - the best animal model for human flu - found the new virus is drawn to tissue found deep in the lung. That's a penchant it shares with H5N1. Seasonal flu viruses attack the upper airways.

www.cbc.ca...

I wish our scientists and health officials, WHO could spill the beans on this -but there's a complete cover up regarding this important information!

Something is very very wrong here!

I would like to know what a heck is happening!

BTW! an Italian tourist in Hurghada Egypt has both H1N1 & H5N1

A 35 year-old Italian tourist is one of three people believed to have been infected with A(H1N1) virus, or swine flu, as well as the H5N1 virus, known as avian flu. The patients are recovering in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Hurghada, said Mohammed Rifai, director general of preventive medicine.

Rifai also spoke of a 28-year-old man who tested positive for both viruses, after arriving at the port of Safaga after a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

"We are waiting the results of the tests that have already been carried out in some patients suspected of having been infected by the H5N1 and the A(H1N1)," said World Health Organisation spokesman Gregory Hartl in an interview with Adnkronos Salute.

The above comments raise concerns of co-infections of pandemic H1N1 and H5N1, as well as human to human co-transmission. This development would create serious pandemic concerns.

The ability of the pandemic H1N1 to infected multiple species has been demonstrated by the widespread outbreaks in swine. Outbreaks in Canada have been reported in three provinces (Alberta, Quebec, and Manitoba) as well as two locations in Argentina near Buenos Aires, as well as three locations in Australia, These swine infections demonstrate the ease of transmission from humans to swine, as well as swine to swine. Recent results in Chile also demonstrated transmission to turkeys, raising concerns that H1N1 could be silently transmitting to multiple mammalian and avian species.

The jump to avian raised concerns that the H1N1 could interact with H5N1, which is predominantly found in birds, including long range migratory birds. Recent data also demonstrated H5N1 in pikas at Qinghai Lake, which is a mammalian reservoir.

Results from Egypt also raised concerns of co-infections because of the large number of mild H5N1 cases and the concentration in children. The heavy concentration in children raised concerns of silent spread of H5N1 in adults, providing opportunities for co-infection, which could lead to the H1N1 "rescuing" H5N1 leading to co-transmissions.

The presence of both viruses in multiple individuals identified over a brief time period suggests the viruses are efficiently co-transmitting, which creates serious concerns due to co-infections, or exchanges of genetic information via reassortment or recombination. Mammalian polymorphisms have been noted in prior H5N1 isolates, and pandemic H1N1 has H5N1 polymorphisms, indicating exchanges via recombination have happened previously.

However- co-infection and co-transmission would significantly increase the frequency and efficiency of recombination, which would be serious cause for concerns.

www.recombinomics.com...

Hello Jeff - As I said on your program over two years ago, the next great flu pandemic would be a mixture/combination of H5N1 and H1N1. Well, the beginning of that very recombination, so often mentioned by Dr. Henry Niman, has just been reported in a dead Egyptian man. This would mean, of course, that the vaccines now being prepared for an A-H1N1 pandemic would be USELESS. The H5N1 component is not being factored into the six different vaccines under development/production now. So, if the the two viruses in this dead patient have recombined and gotten loose, we could be in for a long, dark winter.

www.rense.com...

So it's something very similar to H5N1 out there killing people as we speak! - or the real deal - the H5N1?

Because I don't think it is this A-H1N1 that they are telling us! - many who has been sick describe the flu as rather mild - so it can't be the same thing/virus strain that is now killing people!

I don't buy into that this is the H1N1 virus affecting people with underlaying conditions only - there's somthing else missing in this equation !

But! what a hell could that be?

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

The CDC stated today that there was no mutation. In fact, the most interesting thing they did point out was that it may, may mind you, be linked in severity to ethnic groups.

I'll try to find the exact wording. . .

heres some of it www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

The CDC stated today that there was no mutation. In fact, the most interesting thing they did point out was that it may, may mind you, be linked in severity to ethnic groups.
[edit on 3-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

Ethnic groups..... What the hell, so are they trying to say that just becuase your of a different ethnic origin you die more painfully from H1N1?

That sounds total stupid!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

by: Chevalerous
I wish our scientists and health officials, WHO could spill the beans on this -but there's a complete cover up regarding this important information!

I am beginning to think we are not being told the whole story because it could create panic in the streets. I don't think the government is getting ready to force vac all of us (logistically impossible) but I do think that they are anticipating some significant deaths from whatever-the-heck-this is and are putting in place the ability to force quarentine infected people (and not I don't think we will be going to FEMA camps, just being forced to stay indoors and watch TV until the sickness has run its course).

I work at a largish university (22K students give or take) and as far as I can tell the info being passed to us is that this will hit and hit hard making many many people ill. They are asking students in dorms to, if they have flu symptoms, to go home to ride it out (if feasible) or to contact health services and they will work seomthing out (an isolation dorm maybe?).

So I think the groundwork is quietly being laid in case all hades breaks loose with this thing.
Obs out

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer

I am beginning to think we are not being told the whole story because it could create panic in the streets.

Yes I agree with you!

I heard from a near lady friend who's sister is working as a doctor at one of the major modern hospitals in Buenos Aires, that they had some patients in Argentina who have died in just a couple of days - and none of them had underlaying conditions (as they are telling us everywhere)- these patients were young healthy individuals 20 to 40 years of age with no other conditions.

Apparently some doctors there believed this was something else than the A-H1N1 flu described by the WHO.

And when they started to ask question to the health authorieties, they were ordered to shut up about it - and were told that investigations were under way! and they were suprised to find out later that some of the media had reported it as cases with underlaying conditions.

The group of doctors/friends all thought it was something similar to H5N1.

But they never heard anything more from their health authorities nor from the WHO regarding this so far - the lid was quick on! total blackout!

And I guess that would be for the reason to prevent any panic of course!

But even they as doctors said among themselves that something was very wrong with the official story about the A-H1N1 virus, and they felt uneasy knowing that there could be more to this than what we're being told.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are right about this!?

But it sound suspicious if it's true that people without underlaying conditions are dying very rapidly of the A-H1N1 flu.

Man! I wanna know the truth now! - can't wait - too paranoid!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Hi Zombie,
I doubt this article is anything but a scare tactic from the factions that want to to all worry endlessly about catching it, and be queing to get their sanctioned vaccines.
They lungs of individuals looks no different from any-other flu at the time of post-mortem examination; there may be puss, but this is indisguishable from pnuemonia.
There is no way to know if the person has swine flu until swabs are taken of the lung (at postmorten or biopsy in the living), and then these swabs must be sent for Virological testing.
Virology is the only department that can indeed confirm or deny if the individual has been infected or not.
As told to me by a professor: "assumptions are made on the basis of mathematical models- which are highly accurate".
I replied: " I hope these models are more accurate than government financial projections!"

[edit on 9/4/2009 by KRISKALI777]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Yeah, either it's mutating, or else there are three strains out there....the regular seasonal flu, the new swine flu and the bird flu.

I thought it was strange that for the most part, the swine flu spreads fast, but isn't very leathal, except in a few certain cases in healthy young adults who die of lung disease. It didn't make any sense....

But that would make sense if there were two strains, or if one strain was mutating.

I still won't take a vaccine, though. No way, no how. I'll take my chances and rely on my own immune system, thank you very much!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Avian flu outbreak recorded in Buleleng

www.thejakartapost.com...

top topics

join