It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicholas Berg Timeline and Video analysis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I'm confused here AceOfBase, him possibly making a call on April 19th fits into the grand scheme of thigs how? Is this USA article indicating that Mr. Berg may still be alive?
seekerof

No.
He was last heard from on April 10th.
Now, this article shows his phone was used on April 19th.
I don't know if it was him who used it or if one of the kidnappers used it or what.
I wonder if they can identify the location the phone was used and if that may help locate the persons who did this.

They may also be able to get the phone numbers that he called.
That can help the case even further.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
worldwatcher and TPM,

Which leg is supposed to be fake? The "reader", during the beheading bends both knees, but the left knee goes into a very deep bend, while the right knee doesn't ever go down as far. But still, at one point it bends enough to be considered a "deep knee" bend.

I have spent the weekend working on the audio/video mismatch of this and plan to post my results. I was able to adjust the video to match certain reference points in the "reading" portion of the video. When this was done the "scream" falls exactly where it should.

I also did a frame-by-frame analysis during the beheading in which I found a lot things that apparently are being missed by just viewing the video...these things are much more apparent on a frame-by-frame review.

I'll try to post this this evening.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
val, I'm not sure which leg is supposed to be the prostetic, none of my research on Al-Zarqawi mentions which leg was blown up.

When I looked at the video, my initial reaction was that the First guy from the LEFT had a stiff looking stance and shifted his weight funny, also (well to me only) one ankle looked skinnier than the other.

The actual beheader looks to have two good legs to me... and he does seem to make a deep knee bend when he actually does the beheaded...that's why i doubt the identity of the beheader as being that of zarqawi.

I'm glad to see the conversation has moved past the orange jumpsuit and the white plastic chair and on to real discrepancies in the video.

(oops, I got my right and left mixed up for a sec)

[Edited on 5-17-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It definitely has and I think you'll find the frame by frame and the audio adjustment interesting...especially if you're in it for the truth.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
hi, ive just watched the full video
can someone tell me why u hear the screams of him having his head cut off 10 seconds before they start.

thanx

joi

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There are way too many inconsistencies in the timeline, the video and especially the few facts that the administration are giving out. My gut instinct tells me that this act was done by the US government on some level. I doubt we will ever know the truth concerning this sad situation.

What would help a bit is to see what was found in the
autopsy results. It may be morbid but it could possibly clear up some doubts about whether he was drugged during his last few days, time of death and any other forensic information that could make it possible to find out even a little bit of truth. If I had been Nick's dad I would have had an autopsy done the second his body was released to him.

Also film techs could probally easily get some very pertinent information about the video regarding splicing and the very noticeable spliced unsynced vocal track ..

Are we going to see this information?
Its very doubtful considering..

The Bush Administration is covering a big something!
I.M.H.O.
Joi

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"Killing is NEVER an option except in defense.
I pray that you dont call yourself an American, because you think ljust like a nazi."

hmmm... and what about rape, torture, possible murder, and whatever else we've done to prisoners held in iraq??? are those normal options???

how ironic it is that you say these theorists are thinking like nazi's ...when it's our current administration that seems to be demonstrating NAZI ideals..

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sky masks do not muffle your voice, I have used one while in the military during training, the reader was talking in a loud voice and they seemed to be far away because they had the camera to film all of the terrorists. The terrorist that was looking all the time to one side is looking at the speaker, not holding a conversation with anyone.

Now, I have shown proof that the Russians have been helping Saddam and Al Qaeda, the chinese too, but with one of the assasins in the video seemingly speaking in Russian, and since it has been stated also that the voice of the speaker does not have a jordanian accent.

I think its very possible that terrorists killed Berg but then didn't decapitated him, then latter on someone, probably Russian terrorists decided to behead the dead body of Berg, it could be possible. This would explain the change in the clock on the video, althou it could be something else...

As for why Russians would want something like this? They could be Russian terrorists or....as I have also shown the Russian government had been trying to make Islamic countries use terrorism in the United States and there are some defected russian agents that are saying this could still be an ongoing practice. This act would certainly outrage the U.S and have soldiers commit more hineous acts against iraqis among other things.

Now, this is just a theory.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
New to the Forum, I have read in it from the begining, I run a recording studio out of my house with some pretty high tech equip apart from being active duty military, my room-mate speaks russian.. From a previous post:

One of the men speaks in Russian? (unconfirmed)
�One of them tells to the executioner who was cutting Berg's head: "Davay pozhivee !" meaning "Do it quicker !", or "Hurry up !" in pure unaccented Russian.�

Davit- to squeeze/or crush..
Davat- to give
Davay- (nothing to close in a russian dictionary except for the above)

Pozzhye- later
Pozor- disgrace
Pozhyertvovat- sacrfice
Pozhivee- (PO Zhi Vee)- ????
Anyone have the Cyrillic transcription of what they think that russian is?

Anyone with video knowledge know the SMPTE time of when russian words come in? Honestly we can't hear any russian in it the audio compression mess, not to say I may be mistaken.

Crazy thought though...What if this video was made at the prision, the 5 (overweight) "Iraqi" foot-soldiers aren't Iraqi at all, the reason that the speech doesn't have echo (or a more natural) reverb to it, is because it is the voice of an actual Iraqi prisoner speeking (to have a natural accent), out of site of the camera, an Iraqi prisoner that has been previously been humiliated...To me the video I have starts appox 24frames before what appears to be a dead already Berg is tackled and...well we know...

I think Berg was at the prision (take one), he saw some of the brutalities and wanted to yap (keep him at the prison so he can't leak info- no family will suit)...instead, Berg was handed over to know baddies with a message, this guy is Jewish...Baddies kill him, but not to obvious (maybe even humiliated prisons get him as a "take your anger out on Berg gift").

Body found...
(Some Trama), sorry if I was a reporter, I think Trama like broke arm, some bruses, cut...Missing a head...That's a little more than (Trama)...Now with instructions or- Orders...
These make believe Iraqi footsoldiers are doing there national duty of putting on an act to take the focus off of the not so nice photo's that 60minutes 2 released (and maybe a little bargin to stay out of Levanworth).
(Take 2 splice- the tackle of a now dead Nick Berg ...from my video doesn't flinch as he is grabbed by the hair (bit painful) and slammed on his left side. (While prisoners cheer and yell in the (out of view area)
Honestly, if I was held captive by Iraqi footsoldiers, I would be screaming like a little bitch, kicking everything, a one last fight for my life...
I am not seeing it here. (Stand still guys...it makes it easier for the sick video editors to splice scenes together on there laptop *action!)

I own a couple camcorders and also a Canon GL-2, even a JVC camera I but April 2002 in hong kong for 490HK puts off an even better image than this video. Even if I were to compress the hell out of the video like I used to send some clips of myself to my parents on the USS Kitty Hawk Email, still not such a low quality...(I think web-camera)

What happens to the Frame Rate of this video between one of several slices?

(From appox 12 to 4 FPS momentary during blur) Suddenly the camera sutter just goes into Strobe mode? Unlikely
....But wait...I can't think of a single webcamera with built in strobe...

AN EFFECT

Blurr it out enough that you can't see his eyes blinking or not..

(The killers also take out sound as well...why?)
Makes it more intence...you're really speachless.

Another thought, if the FBI is truely out to find these killers, they would probably check out the type of video compression what was used...I am not a video expert, but I can tell the difference between some video compression algarythmes...Quicktime compressed video looks different than Windows Media Video (example). What type was used and what Computers and Operating systems come with this type of compression?

Ok,,,I've nuked this enough...
Either way, this is a terrible thing to happen and I hope justice comes knocking at there door, no matter who they are...
And if my thoughts on analysis help, I am proud to have a hand in it.

"You can't just trade people like baseball cards"- Spy Games

Thankyou for reading me out.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Probably regurgitates the same information:
www.usnews.com...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I wonder though, in what order do you read arabic.. from left to right or from bottom to top??

I can't check right now, but if it's in an other order than we are used to (left to right)..
Then you could probably check the head-movements of the person who reads the paper.. and see if it's fake.

Personally I understand human body language very good. I'm going to study the video later and pay attention to every person if that hasn't been done yet.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A couple of additions.

On April 7 or 8 he talks with jamie francis at a Bahgdad Gym.

www.sptimes.com...

On the morning he disappeared he spoke with Aziz K Aziz on the phone.

IIRC his mobile phone made 3 or four calls on April 19. One local and two or three to other middle east countries (I think)

here is a usatoday story on his last movements before vanishing.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by judge]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the links.
I've updated the timeline.
I had the story of the phone calls made after his disappearance in there already. I had also seen the story about Aziz Taee and thought I had put it in there but I guess I must have forgotten.

That was the first time I had seen the gym story though.
Interesting story.
Thanks.
The comment about Berg having a thin beard when he met him helps to place the time of death as the beard was thick by the time of his execution.
He mentions that he didn't even recognize Berg when he saw the pictures on TV.

The TV pictures and still images of a captive Nicholas Berg were nothing like the man I met. His skin was pale, his youthful beard thick and sculpted, and he seemed smaller.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Thanks for the links.
I've updated the timeline.
I had the story of the phone calls made after his disappearance in there already. I had also seen the story about Aziz Taee and thought I had put it in there but I guess I must have forgotten.

Hi. Notice something strange in the USATODAY article? Berg is quoted as tellling the hotel people "Inshallah, I will be back in a few days,".

But Aziz K Aziz says that Berg told him that morning he had met some people and was travelling to Jordan. Elsewhere I seem to remember reading that Berg had been planning to leave Iraq. Why would he tell the hotel people he would be back in a few days?

Also this link has some pretty interesting stuff to say about Aziz K Aziz. Don't know how true it is though.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Thanks for the links.

Another link (you will need to register) has some interesting stuff.

all indications are that Berg was wanting to leave Iraq. But for some reason he tells hotel staff he will be back in a few days. A friend of berg's believes Berg may have stayed because he was near to getting a contract.

Hollinger thinks he knows why Berg might have been reluctant to leave: "He was close to getting some... contracts."

The days after his release are murky territory. One guest at Berg's hotel told a reporter they had had beers together and Berg had told him he intended to go sailing in Turkey.

Hollinger can't believe it. "Nick never had a beer in his life. He was absolutely vice-free."

Berg told his parents he was looking for a way out. He might go through Kuwait. Or get to Turkey. He felt it was too dangerous to try to get to the airport on the other side of Baghdad.

Michael Berg told him on April 9: "Use your judgment. Get home as fast as you can. But don't take any chances."

They never heard from him again.

Aziz Taee did, however. He said Berg called him April 10 "to say he found some friend to travel with to Jordan... . I told him to have a nice trip."

Aziz was Bergs business partner. If Berg thought he had a chance of a contract then surely Aziz would have known. Instead Aziz said he planned to go to Jordan with unknown people.

It is suspicious. according to Bergs father Nick does not know which way he will try to get home. Aziz however says he intends to go to Jordan but knows no more, even though he has warned Nick about the dangers.
If Nick was to travekl with a :friend" then how come we don't know anything about this "friend"?

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by judge]

Here is another article indicating Berg told hotel staff he intended to return.

www.chicagotribune.com...

He didn't know whether Berg had tried to leave the country by car. Berg checked out of the hotel April 10, leaving behind his weights and several books.

"He left and said he would come back in a few days, but he didn't," said the hotel's receptionist, Omar Hussein.

The same article notes that Andrew Robert Duke an American businessman(!?) thought he intended to leave.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by judge]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join