It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicholas Berg Timeline and Video analysis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Timeline of Nick Berg
Please post additions and corrections.

1999:
While attending a course at a remote campus of the University of Oklahoma near an airport, Nick Berg gave his email account and password to a student on a bus who may have been an acquaintance of Moussaoui . That email account was later used by Zacarias Moussaoui, a 911 suspect who attended flight school in Oklahoma in February 2001. Mr. Berg was unaware the person had terrorist ties.
CNN

The director of The University of Oklahoma, that Berg attended, is David L. Boren, mentor of CIA director George Tenet.
George Tenet
David Boren

April/May 2000:
Lt. Bruce Chan of the university police at the Norman, Okla., campus, said yesterday by phone that Berg was busted twice for apparently living at the student union center - after he was no longer enrolled as a student.

Chan said that, after receiving complaints from staffers at the Oklahoma Memorial Union that Berg was camped out there, police issued a warning and then twice arrested him for trespassing, a misdemeanor. He said the arrests were in April and May 2000, but Chan didn't have exact dates.
Philly.com (subscription)

2000/2001
Nick Berg is listed as a public events attendant at Lloyd Noble center at Oklahoma University
INN
news.globalfreepress.com...

2001 or 2002:
The FBI contacts Nick Berg and questions him about the bus incident after his computer password turned up in Moussaoui's belongings. They cleared Berg of any terrorist links.
Chron.com

March 2003
Nick Berg�s father, Michael Berg participates in an anti-war rally.
Michael Berg belonged to an organization called ANSWER, or Act Now to Stop the War and End Racism.
Timed Herald

December 4 2003
Michael Moore's film crew interviews Nick Berg in Arlington, Virginia for his movie Fahrenheit 9/11
The footage was not used in the movie.
CNN

December 21 2003
Nicholas goes to Iraq to look for work.
He also travels to Mosul to visit an Iraqi who was the brother of a man who had married his late aunt.

Jan 4 2004
He sends an email and describes working on towers near Abu Ghraib
Duluth Superior
His Email

January 18 2004
He sends another email where he mentions he was arrested and released.
Duluth Superior
He also states that his company had been announced as an approved subcontractor for a broadcast consortium awarded a contract for the U.S.-controlled Iraqi Media Network.
Guardian

February 1 2004
He leaves Iraq.

March 7 2004
The freerepublic website provides a list of persons under the heading HERE IS THE ENEMY -- they have posted their names
On that list is Michael S. Berg, Teacher, Prometheus Methods Tower Service, Inc.,
Freerepublic
BreakForNnews

March 14 2004
Nick travels back to Iraq to look for work for his company, Prometheus Methods Tower Service, Inc.

March 24 2004
He contacts his parents and tells them he will return to the States on March 30th.
That same day, he is arrested near a checkpoint in Mosul by Iraqi officials.
They find an Israeli stamp in his passport.
They also find a copy of the Koran and other literature.
Philly.com

March 26 2004
The first of three FBI questionings during his detainment.
Thestate.com

March 31 2004
FBI agents inform Nick�s parents that their son is alive but is in jail following an arrest.
Thestate.com

April 1 2004
Nick�s parents receive an email stating:
��I have confirmed that your son, Nick, is being detained by the U.S. military in Mosul. He is safe. He was picked up approximately one week ago. We will try to obtain additional information regarding his detention and a contact person you can communicate with directly,��
Thestate.com

April 5 2004
Nick�s parents file a suit demanding the release of their son.

April 6 2004.
Nicholas is released.
He goes back to his hotel and tells a United Press International photographer about his arrest.
�"Nick told me that he was held for a few hours by the police and then taken to a U.S. military base and held for almost two weeks by the U.S. military. He repeatedly said he was held in the [Coalition Provisional Authority] jail in Mosul for two weeks," Mr. Infante said.�
Washington Times

April 7 2004(?)
(link provided by judge)
Jamie Francis, a Times Staff Writer met with Nick Berg in a gym inside the Arnold Classic Gym in Baghdad.
"His skin, hair and thin beard made him stand out in a gym filled with Iraqis. But his muscular build placed him in the brotherhood of those who pump iron, and although language was a problem they managed to hold a warm, if halting, conversation with his fellow bodybuilders. "
SPTIMES

April 9 2004
He contacts his parents and says he will try to come home by way of Jordan, Turkey or Kuwait.
USA today

April 10 2004
A State Department spokeswoman said a U.S. consular official in Iraq spoke with Berg on April 10 and offered to "assist him in departing Iraq by plane" for Jordan. She said Berg declined and said he planned to travel overland to Kuwait.
Seattle Times

His father said his son e-mailed him that he didn't want to travel to the airport because he believed it was too dangerous. American soldiers refer to the airport highway as "RPG Alley" because of frequent attacks by insurgents firing rocket-propelled grenades.
Christian Science Monitor

Berg contacts Aziz Taee, a man who he had formed a partnership with and obtained office space from:
'The morning he disappeared, Berg "surprised me by calling me at 9 or 10, to say that he found some friend to travel with to Jordan," he says.
Berg said he was en route; Aziz doesn't know who he was with or what kind of vehicle they were driving. "He said they were nice people. I told him to have a nice trip." '
USATODAY (link from judge)

His family and friends do not hear from him after that date.

April 19 2004
Three calls were made from his phone � to Jordan, to the United Arab Emirates and to a local number. No confirmation of whether it was him or someone who had taken his phone.
USA Today

May 7 2004
An email from his parents is posted on a yahoo news groups asking for anyone with information on their sons dissaperance to come forward.
Email on Yahho Group

May 8 2004.
His body is found on a Baghdad highway overpass.
�The body found on the overpass was identified as Nick Berg, 26, of West Chester, Pa., a self-employed civilian contractor. Berg's body, with signs of trauma, was found Saturday, the military said. �
USA today

May 10 2004
His parents are informed of his death.

May 11 2004
The news media reports the decapitation of Nicholas Berg and the posting of the video on al-ansar.biz
�The Web site said Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a top ally of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, was the man who cut off Berg's head. The statement read out before the killing was signed off with Zarqawi's name and dated May 11.�
Reuters

Iraqi police have said they did not arrest Berg.
Bloomberg
The US says they did not detain Berg but that Iraqi police did.
Washington Post

THE VIDEO:

EDIT: removed video information.
You can view another users post here:
EXCLUSIVE: Analysis of the Al Qaeda Beheading Video of Nick Berg

Related ATS Threads:
Nick Berg: US PsyOp sacrifice?
Fishy Circumstances and Flawed Timelines surround American's beheading.
U.S. Denies Holding Beheading Victim Nicholas Berg

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I believe Iraq is the only place you can buy those chairs, apart from the ones you can get from most garden furniture retailers throughout the world - Cirumstantial

Gold Ring - Muslims are a peaceful people, the man weaing the ring is militant and therefore does not practice Islam as a true Muslim - Cirumstantial

Freerepublic - They may aswell have been the ones who signed Nick Berg's death warrant.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
And I might point out that the two-piece pajama set that he is wearing is not "reminiscent" of a one-piece Guatanamo jumpsuit at all. It's not the same color, it's not the same material, it's 2-piece not 1-piece, but I'm sure it was chosen for this very reason, to screw with people's heads.

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
And I might point out that the two-piece pajama set that he is wearing is not "reminiscent" of a one-piece Guatanamo jumpsuit at all. It's not the same color, it's not the same material, it's 2-piece not 1-piece, but I'm sure it was chosen for this very reason, to screw with people's heads.

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by Valhall]

It looks like they use both one piece and two piece:
www.republique.ch...

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I'm still working on this.
Please post additions and corrections.
Accents of the men have been questioned.
One of the men speaks in Russian? (unconfirmed)
�One of them tells to the executioner who was cutting Berg's head: "Davay pozhivee !" meaning "Do it quicker !", or "Hurry up !" in pure unaccented Russian.�
INN

AceofBAse,

FYI: There have been and continue to be muslim Chechen's in Iraq fighting the Coalition forces. It is very common among the radical islamists to travel to and from different conflict areas to commit jihad in support of other terrorist organizations.

-Cypher

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CypherAceofBAse,

FYI: There have been and continue to be muslim Chechen's in Iraq fighting the Coalition forces. -Cypher

OK. Thanks.
The CIA is saying that Abu Musab Zarqawi is the one that killed him though.
I don't know for sure if any of those men is Russian or Chechan but would it be unusual for Zarqawi to work with them if they were?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Very interesting.... Makes me wonder why Burg refused the offer to assist him in leaving Iraq?? Good post

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back up the truck here people...

now am i nuts or does this....

May 8 2004.
His body is found near a bridge.
�The body found on the overpass was identified as Nick Berg, 26, of West Chester, Pa., a self-employed civilian contractor. Berg's body, with signs of trauma, was found Saturday, the military said. �
USA today

May 10 2004
His parents are informed of his death.

May 11 2004
The news media reports the decapitation of Nicholas Berg and the posting of the video on al-ansar.biz
�The Web site said Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a top ally of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, was the man who cut off Berg's head. The statement read out before the killing was signed off with Zarqawi's name and dated May 11.�

not make any sense?

if the military found his body on the 8th....and these "terrorists" cut off his head on the 11th....something aint adding up!

or have i misinterpreted this and i have it all wrong???

ok now lets say the military goofed up and IDed the wrong person as being berg...WTF was the person they found then???

have i lost my marbles or has my government performed the WORST psy-op in the history of the world???

now the fact we have someone speaking russian is important in a lot of ways. russia opposed this war...are they covertly sending people there to give us a hard time? have they aligned with the terrorists/funding them/arming them???
consider this, russia had a multibillion dollar contract with iraq (saddam) that became null and void once we went in country. another thing to keep in mind is this, what if they are giving aid to these terrorists or are some of the terrorists themselves? what is the point? do discourage us? possibly. i think it might be vengance for ruining their business with saddam and probably some left over anger from the cold war perhaps. they might also be doing this to see if we'll snap and start dropping moabs or worse on these people.

they maybe just chechnyans though...but i still these are questions worth considering.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
Very interesting.... Makes me wonder why Burg refused the offer to assist him in leaving Iraq?? Good post

Just updated my post.

His father said his son e-mailed him that he didn't want to travel to the airport because he believed it was too dangerous. American soldiers refer to the airport highway as "RPG Alley" because of frequent attacks by insurgents firing rocket-propelled grenades.
Christian Science Monitor

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Great job, AceOfBase! I told everyone we needed a timeline of our own, but I wasn't about to tackle the task! ::lazy bum::
Thanks for your great work!

There are a couple of events on the timeline of which I wasn't aware. We have a photographer, Mr. Infante, confirming Berg's detainment by U.S. forces (Coalition PA). The parents of Berg have said the same thing.

The Iraqi police deny ever holding Berg, and the US claims Iraqi police initially detained Berg. What really happened, folks, and why is there so much confusion surrounding this Berg fellow?!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

if the military found his body on the 8th....and these "terrorists" cut off his head on the 11th....something aint adding up!

or have i misinterpreted this and i have it all wrong???

have i lost my marbles or has my government performed the WORST psy-op in the history of the world???

now the fact we have someone speaking russian is important in a lot of ways. russia opposed this war...are they covertly sending people there to give us a hard time? have they aligned with the terrorists/funding them/arming them??? they maybe just chechnyans though...but i still these are questions worth considering.

you know what ????..........There are so many inconsisticies in this whole thing it stinks to the high heavens prankmonkey.!!!
it could be there chechens terrorists ...but working with the man who is taking the blame....?? and he wears a gold ring ??? and if he is radical muslim he would uphold the law not to wear gold....right??
But now dig this ....How many russian jews are there who work in MOSSAD...???
I know this ...there are alot of russian immigrants who live in Israel...

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm a bit confused

"He also states that his company had been announced as an approved subcontractor for a broadcast consortium awarded a contract for the U.S.-controlled Iraqi Media Network. "

Why would the US military arrest this man if he is a government approved subcontractor. I don't believe they would. It would have to be the Iraqi police. Any way that after the Iraqi's released him that they gave the enemy information about Nick and the enemy followed and captured him as soon as they felt it was safe to do so?

Also, "1999:.... Nick Berg gave his email account and password to a person he met on a bus who may have been an acquaintance of Moussaoui ."

Now, who does this? I never would. Maybe for a close friend, but someone he just met?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back up the truck here people...

Yeah, which one of you propagandists care to explain this one away?
Are the dates not accurate?

Taken individually the flaws in the story seem insignificant, but when taken as an entirety they seem pretty damming.
2+2 makes 4 in my book.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
you know what ????..........There are so many inconsisticies in this whole thing it stinks to the high heavens prankmonkey.!!!
it could be there chechens terrorists ...but working with the man who is taking the blame....?? and he wears a gold ring ??? and if he is radical muslim he would uphold the law not to wear gold....right??
But now dig this ....How many russian jews are there who work in MOSSAD...???
I know this ...there are alot of russian immigrants who live in Israel...

hmmm good point! and it makes sense too israel would have a lot to gain if we decided to "step it up a notch" over things like this. the enemy of our enemy is our friend is he not? why should we go kill lour enemy when we can infuriate our friend to kill for us? and i wouldnt put it past them considering they have a track history of being manipulative with us. hmmmmmmm...the plot thickens perhaps?? and mossad is known for pulling DIRTY ops...they have a VERY simple bottom line, israel is to be protected and israel comes first. the morality of their actions come in a far second...

excellent point!

but this leaves more questions than answers...and i'm asking too many it seems...i see you quoted my original paragraph...i amended it...which asks even more questions. jeesh! never ending cycle isnt it?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i just got done watching the edited version of this video (thats the whole thing minus the actual beheading)

and something seemed odd.

while it appeared that the person reading was reading he seemed to flip through a couple of pages an awful lot. i cant imagine him having no more than 3 or 4 pieces of paper yet he's flipping and turning and flipping...and while he does this he continues to "Read"...hmmm odd indeed. but isnt new to you people...

now as i listen and watch him i'm also watching his four merry murdering marauders...and something seemed out of place...the two inside, closest to him stood almost perfectly still. as though they've been trained this way...military training. especially the one on the right. he was like a wooden indian cigar holder. the one on the outside to his left fidgeted an awful lot but his movements seem to indicate he understood what this person was saying (shaking his head up and down is if in agreement with what the person reading was saying), the others didnt seem to know or didnt reveal their emotions, i'm guessing they didnt have a damn clue what this guy was saying. now what does this mean? multinationals is what it means. now it does seem as though the voice was a dub over as well as the screaming, as if on a delay, that part i cant explain as i am not exactly knowledgable in amateur video editing...if anyone can explain please do.

the scream? not a womans, it is shrill and high pitched but NOT a womans scream. now i've not heard a lot of arabic but it certainly seemed like someone was reading off a script...and i have a theory for this. they had someone reading off camera. simple enough. the guy ON camera gives the impression he IS reading but isnt. the guys standing on either side of him are not knowledgable of arabic i believe and are just standing there, like anyone would do if they were listening to this. if you dont understand what is being said you have no idea how to act so you become a statue.

i'm starting to believe MAYBE our military let someone else have their way with him on purpose. possibly mossad. we have a russian voice...this is important. it definately sounds multinational to me.

i think this wasnt JUST terrorists...no no no, someone's government (and probably more than one) are behind this. these are people pretending to be terrorists.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

hmmm good point! and it makes sense too israel would have a lot to gain if we decided to "step it up a notch" over things like this. the enemy of our enemy is our friend is he not? why should we go kill lour enemy when we can infuriate our friend to kill for us? and i wouldnt put it past them considering they have a track history of being manipulative with us. hmmmmmmm...the plot thickens perhaps?? and mossad is known for pulling DIRTY ops...they have a VERY simple bottom line, israel is to be protected and israel comes first. the morality of their actions come in a far second...

excellent point!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
and i might also add that the mossad and the cia have been in cahoots for along time and often work for the same end....
Dr alfred Lilienthal says in one of his books...The zionist connection....He says that without exaggeration the ADL was the single most influential organization in the united states...
"It closely works with the Iraeli intelligence agency Mossad and sometimes with the FBI or CIA . Through it s multifold activities and ability to crush dissent , it is probably more responsible for american attitudes and american foreign poicy toward the middle east than any other single force.....Through its multiple private and public reports and publications, allegedly directed against prejudice and bigotry , the ADL can exert enormous influence and intimidation ,often bordering on blackmail, in organizations and effective lobbying of the congress and white house on behalf of an ever increasing economic and military aid to Israel.....many ADL charges against critics of israel and zionism are totally inaccurate ,questionable, or based upon half truths,
Its secret and confidential reports, widely distributed in liberal circles , often attribute the stock quotation "but some of my best friends are jews" to its subjecsts , implying anti-semitism,
Odious impressions are crteated by twisting or distorting a few words ,or the context in which they were uttered......

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah, the paper shuffling was talked about early on in the "fishy" thread. And last night I paid close attention to that in the edited version (by the way, the edited version is very helpful because your mind gets freed from being scared you're about to see something you don't want to see).

He stays pretty good on the paper for awhile. First page appears to read top of page, then folds top down to read bottom of page, but I believe he has already read too much to just be getting to the bottom of that first page.

Goes to second page and goes through same sequence...top first then folds top down to read bottom, but this time the fold-over comes way too quick. Now, afer this page is read, he's just lost. At one point he shuffles them about four times and then starts reading the back of one, but it is right after this that he definitely ends up re-reading a page he has already read. There's no getting around that.

I don't think he is the voice that is heard either.

Concerning the mismatch in the sound/tape, that could come from the time lost. It is just about the same time that approximately 3 minutes is missing in between the two camera footages, so the audio from say the 2:xx camera could have been used in conjunction with the video of the 13:xx camera...that would explain the mismatch.

Unfortunately, that scenario on the audio would not eliminate that the sounds are authentic, just the video they go with is missing

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I don't think he is the voice that is heard either.

and this didnt occur to me and should have...the voice sounded CLEAR. not muffled as if their face was covered...a dead give away!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

and this didnt occur to me and should have...the voice sounded CLEAR. not muffled as if their face was covered...a dead give away!

now get this ....do you notice the distance from camera to the happy murderers.....?

my guess is it is at least 25 feet and the voice from that distance on a hand held camera would sound far off and would carry a echo .....neither of those things seem to be present .....it would almost seem the person speaking would be right next to the camera.!!!!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo

Also, "1999:.... Nick Berg gave his email account and password to a person he met on a bus who may have been an acquaintance of Moussaoui ."

Now, who does this? I never would. Maybe for a close friend, but someone he just met?

We know that this happened, this is not speculation! This seems extremely strange to me. After everything that's come out on this story, one can only believe that there is a lot more involved than we'll probably ever know. This is one for the conspiracy believers to have a filed day with.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join