It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we always 'on the brink' of a conspiracy that endangers the mass population?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm relatively new to conspiracy theories, having only researched them in the past few months. In that time we have been considered to be on the verge of a large number of disasters, ranging from solar storms and global earthquakes, to a manufactured virus pandemic that threatens to depopulate the world and more.

For those who are old hands at this sort of thing, are these concerns and threats ongoing (and on the whole, proven to be false) or do you believe that we have cause to be particularly paranoid at this time?

I don't mean anyone offence in asking this, I am just curious to know if those more experienced at this kind of thing, feel we are really on the brink of something big.

Thanks!

(Edit to amend title!)

[edit on 3-9-2009 by JennyJen]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As I see it, Jen, we are not so much "always on the brink," per se, but that many machinations have been put in place to culminate on some auspicious date (12-21-12 perhaps? Or some other) wherein most of us peons are dead, the few remaining enslaved, and the Elite in better control of those who do remain.

They have devised a number of paths to that goal, and the more that pan out, the merrier (for them) it will be.

So it may appear that we are always on some brink - but that brink is one brink with many aspects.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Most conspiracy theorists gravitate naturally towards the NWO conspiracy of interconnected elitist agendas (religious institutions, illuminati, zionism, etc all grouped together in a network of social piracy). A few of them are gravitating towards what I also think is the root cause of the NWO type conspiracy theory, and that is ponerology, understood as the study of the social implications of psychopathocracy, or the rule of psychopaths, the idea being that the most vicious and amoral people, those without normal human emotions, tend to progress further in vertical hierarchy social structures than the more loving empathic individual. This to me seems undeniable.

So when we understand humanity in the light of the above, the whole sheep being herded by wolves analogy seems valid and, to give a short answer, yes, we are always on the brink of crisis.

We are being lead by the least of us, and until we realise it at the group mind level only the actors will change, never the script.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JennyJen

In short of some galactic event where the earth gets obliterated...it will continue to rotate as it has for the last 4+ billion years.

Every conspiracy that attempts to alarm us of the beckoning of the coming of God and or the extermination of the human species has been wrong for the last 10,000 years... at least...

What makes this age any different?

The availability (via the age of information) of every visionary lunatic and conspiracy theorist (not one and the same) to have a large and over bearing voice. Then they get in screaming matches about whos vision is the correct one...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's normal human BS. A little research into the history of "end times", "apocalypse", and "end of the world" theories and revelations, shows just how common the notion is and has been for centuries.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Beats video gaming and watching tv. See if we can spook each other the worst. BTW, the sky really is falling.

PG

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To clarify what I was saying about psychopathocracy and ponerology, they are pathological liars, that lie the same way other people breathe. They have no concept of truth. Truth to them is what they can get away with. "if you got away with it you did nothing wrong" would be their mantra. And they are usually very bright people that score high on classic IQ tests with above average memories. They have to be, they spend all their time lieing to people and need to remember those lies to keep up the story. Usually they are caught out when several people correlate their stories without them knowing about it.

The higher you go up in society, the more sophisticated the lie. As Richard C. Hoagland (someone I suspect might be on the P list) says: "the lie is different at every level". These folks use multidimensional lies, entire fractal structures of lies, a whole lieing system.

The result manifests itself in many false threats, much widescale deception. Abductions. UFO's. Ghosts. Religious dogmas. All tricks of the psychopaths trade as they attempt to capture the atention of the people they parasitise, in an attempt to control their minds. And because normal people can't relate to their thought processes they are unaware of just how big the lie is. And because it's too big for them to see they fall into it.

There is such a thing as reality. There is solidity and communality to our experience, at all levels. But the ability to know truth is atenuated by the actions of those that live in a world of lies.

Many of the conspiracies are spun so they fit psychopathic agendas. Especially the whole UFO and aliens scene, which is used either to seed new age religion or to distract from more down to earth matters like, say, Zionism and the FED. The same can be said for the whole Green issue, for environmentalism. Both these areas probably have a core of truth, but because the people who head up the debates tend to be psychopathic and twist the truth for their own agendas (while at the same time hoarding the actual real information) the majority of us are unable to get close to it, instead being fed what is essentially science fiction. Most of the 'on the brink' stuff is science fiction.

Ponerology is the real conspiracy, imho.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by JennyJen

Take your stuff and run as fast as humanly possible. Your brain will get infected with things that never get out. Every question answered will leave you with 10 more questions. I was normal,started lurking,this lurking led me to create an account and thus started posting. This is always the same downward spiral. Look at me now,no longer normal,family and friends think I'm a nut,not allowed any job with firearms anymore and no time is spent outside anymore. Ah how I wish I was normal again

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

At least you came out of it with one heck of a cool avatar.

Who nuked the dog now? Who who who nuked the dog now?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mindmelding

Lol hell yeah,didn't even think about that. Thanks for bringing that little bit of good news to my attention. All this butthurt has been with it then. Hehe really like your song too

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Simple response:

99.9% horse manure, but the remaining 0.01% is likely to be a real bitch.

For what it's worth....my view.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yeah, I suppose you never can discount the possibility of some kind of cataclysm causing grievous harm to the human species.

Could happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories are not new and yes they will continue as long as mankind does.

From the beginning of time man has plotted against his neighbor for some reason or other. Whether it was to take possession of his land, his goat or his wife the deceit and the plots were devised and implemented.

So just because conspiracy theories seem to be ever present does not mean that the conspiracy is not existent.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think it's a lot easier to control people when you keep them thinking the end of the world, or to a lesser extent, the end of their lives, is just around the corner. During times of immense stress like that, priority number one for most people becomes self-preservation, not community organization or class struggle.

In other words, if you can convince a bunch of poor people that the end is nigh, they're more likely to stockpile spaghettios, and less likely to lynch corporate muckity-mucks in anger over being unable to afford anything but spaghettios. Dig it?

It's been going on since pre-Christian times, or that's how it looks to me anyway.

Fear destroys the higher mind, and the higher mind of the lower people is, arguably, the single greatest threat to the powers that be.

It's by no means the end-all, be-all of behavioral science, but the hierarchy of needs is a very good illustration of the priorities of the common person. If you can keep people struggling with their shelter, food, and safety - or at least in mortal terror of those things being taken away, you can keep their focus away from things like social equality which are important, but not strictly necessary for life.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Which is the same as saying one people's fear is a few men's mansions.

Yes, this is a central part of what's going on, and it takes a psychopath to knowingly do this. Well, technically they don't even know what they're doing, because lacking emotion themselves they can't relate to how it effects others, in much the same way the normal person can't relate to such callous individuals either.

Quite the conundrum.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Yes. Bespeaks the paranoid nature of alot of Conspiracy Theorists if you ask me.

top topics

join