It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a Crinoids Fossil on Mar's..It has to be.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
You do realize how incredibly massive they would have to be in order for you to see them, don't you? On Earth, these are 1cm.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well these were rover pictures, not satellite pictures so the objects presented are not on a grand scale of meters per pixil. Still would like some sort of frame of reference though!

Perhaps someone can locate the area on Google mars and maybe compare the size of the ridges to the rover images and maybe we can establish an approximate scale to identify the size of the object?

It does seem more flattened then a crinoid fossile, and much much larger. So far I am still leaning towards it being an interesting rock.

The whole area though almost looks like a dried up salt deposit. Either that, or lots of wind blowing that gravel through the area. But the erosion and gravel like substance definately makes it look like some liquid was in the area, and long dried up.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
yay its indian money
thats what we called them in southern Ky

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this is a pretty amazing find!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Here, I loaded it to my account so you can embed it in the thread. It definitely looks like you nailed it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b938fdf6348b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Here, I loaded it to my account so you can embed it in the thread. It definitely looks like you nailed it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b938fdf6348b.jpg[/atsimg]

I highly doubt that is where it came from, I could find better places in the image to where that thing came from, it looks even more out of place when photoshopped like that, and I would imagine it wouldn't be standing up, instead it should be laying flat.

The thing has been sitting there for no telling how many thousands of years, your just not going to fit it to something in the picture.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by imitator]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's laying there on top of the dust without even an impression/dune that would form around it if was laying there more than a few months. There is the base of a rock spire directly above it that looks freshly broken. The piece of rock fits the break. The weathering pattern is the same as the surrounding rocks. It's a rock.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What nobody seems to take into account these days when attempting to show evidence of life on Mars, is that the atmosphere isn't, and never was, slightly even identical to Earths. This doesn't mean that there couldn't have ever been life on Mars. But what it does mean is that the life would never ever be remotely similar to what life is like on Earth.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am siding with OP. I feel you found something there my friend. I remember seeing some pics of mars before I was an ATS member and one looked like petrified wood.
I will have to come back and read this thread later.

Star and flag for a great find!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join