It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler and Lenin playing chess.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have nothing to add other than that is a great drawing! I doubt very seriously Hitler and Lenin would be playing chess in some random room somewhere. Not to mention Hitler was in prison the same year Lenin died.

A great drawing nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

See my posted reply to Vanitas.
I think the ideologies of the European struggles inter-twine and over lap.
What is clear is that no matter what---
That chess game continues to this day.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Not to mention Hitler was in prison the same year Lenin died.

That is true. But this etching is supposed to be from 1909.
Still, to me it looks like Trotsky - and, more importantly, I don't see how an artist's rendition of any event could be evidence for anything.

But again (I know, I am repetitive
), it IS an interesting subject.

I think the ideologies of the European struggles inter-twine and over lap.

Agreed, 100%.
(For the rest - i.e. my reluctance to discuss it in depth in this thread - I'll refer everyone to my last post.)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Well, i was sort of shell shocked when i read it. Now i think that this chess game surely never happened. "Lenin" does not look like Lenin at all, maybe Trotsky maybe some other high ranking communist. Maybe it is simply artist's presentation of later political games in Europe. Maybe it is a fraud to make money.
But this:

Their ideologies were anything BUT "opposing". They were practically IDENTICAL.

is totally correct.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Personally I am glad you think so.
(Although I have no dog in this race, as they - as I
- say, and I'd be glad to discuss it elsewhere.)

And BTW, anyone who is interested in reading a discussion about the differences/similarities between the two ideologies, might like to read a relevant excerpt in Jonathan Littell's bestselling novel The Kindly ones.
I do not have the English translation, so I cannot refer you to the pages (unless you have the French original at hand); but I have noticed it's available on Amazon's "reader", so you can read it there.

It's the conversation between a Nazi (SS) officer and his prisoner, a Soviet party official. It is absolutely fascinating, very illuminating, and I think anyone interested in the subject will find it well worth their time.

And yes, it's "fiction" (or is it?) - which makes it oddly appropriate in the context of this thread, which i also discussing a work of - fiction.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Vanitas

Well, i was sort of shell shocked when i read it. Now i think that this chess game surely never happened. "Lenin" does not look like Lenin at all, maybe Trotsky maybe some other high ranking communist. Maybe it is simply artist's presentation of later political games in Europe. Maybe it is a fraud to make money.
But this:

Their ideologies were anything BUT "opposing". They were practically IDENTICAL.

is totally correct.

Actually, if you look closely, you will think he looks more like Chertoff.
You would know this if you could explain how Lenin and Hitler are in any way similar.
Which you and zero CANNOT.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Actually, if you look closely, you will think he looks more like Chertoff.
You would know this if you could explain how Lenin and Hitler are in any way similar.
Which you and zero CANNOT.

Certainly not here, I won't.

(See above for the reasons why not.)

However, if you - or anyone interested in the subject - starts a thread specifically for the purpose, I'll gladly chime in.

Tell you what: you name (in that other thread) all the tenets of what you think is the essence and practice of either (leninism and/or hitlerianism) - and I'll try to demonstrate the analogies.

And BTW: that book excerpt I mentioned really IS worth reading.
Just because it's from a piece of fiction (a novel) it doesn't mean that the ideas discussed are fiction themselves. (And I posted it - knowing I'd be absent from the website for a while, thus unable to respond, if need be - because it pretty much summarises my own point of view.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join