It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tasers Girl on her Knees with Hands Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Officer Anthony Plummer was charged with using the Taser on Celeste Thomas, 26, while she was on her knees with her hands in the air. Policy dictates a Taser should only be used if a suspect is resisting arrest or has assaulted the officer, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Monday.

Link to Source

"A preliminary review shows he is not in compliance with our standards and he is being investigated for unnecessary and excessive use of force," Police Chief Thomas Streicher said.

Plummer's police powers were revoked during the internal investigation, the Enquirer said.

He has had use-of-force complaints against him several times, resulting in a suspension and two reprimands. He was once fired from the force, but was reinstated after an appeal.

Thomas is a daughter of City Councilman Cecil Thomas, a former police officer who heads the council's law and safety committee.

Multiple complaints against this guy. Fire once, reinstated? Crap. Completely. Let's let this pig back on the force so he can taze a woman on her knees? What a man.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is something that is happening with growing regularity. I am sure everyone heard about the fourteen year old girl that was tazed in the head by an officer. Yeah.

Something need to be done about these guys who think that just because they wear a badge, it puts them in a category of being able to do whatever the hell they want.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If i saw this happen i guarantee i would serve jail time for shoving that tazer so far up the cops arse he'd be electrocuting his own tongue.

What an absolute power hungry scum bag.

Sadly this is becoming a common occurence.

Disgusted.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I don't know what I would do if I saw something like that... The word "Heartless" just doesn't cut it for someone like this man!

I would tazer everypart of his body then make him eat batteries if he did it to someone I knew such as familly or friends...

[edit on 3-9-2009 by The Songwriter]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Unfortunately I think that pretty soon people will be going after the cops, Rodney King style.

You can't keep abusing authority and expect to get away with it. Sure you get a slap on the wrist or a suspension but that just angers the public more.

You just can't win.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The people at the 'top of the control structure' know exactly what they're doing ...

Psychology of Torturing Institutions

First and foremost, governmental institutions (i.e. the military [and civilian police]) are founded on the notion of a strict hierarchy: there is a chain of command that operates on the concept of blind obedience to a superior commander and an overall ideology. When the superior claims that insubordination of any command will jeopardize lives or disparage an ideology, it makes sense that an inferior officer would go to great lengths to carry out a command even at the expense of his civilian principles. This pressure is coupled by inadequate training of officers by the institutions in such areas as lawful interrogation- as is the case in the U.S.- to ensure complete compliance (“Enduring Abuse” 90).

Furthermore, an institution installs an individual in a large, homogeneous group by requiring uniforms and standardized codes of conduct resulting in de-individuation, which consequently diminishes the likelihood of rebellion and increases predisposition to inhumane or “evil” activity (as demonstrated by Dr. Zimbardo’s “De-Individuation Study”). Both concepts of hierarchy and de-individuation facilitate the individuals strong desire to conform since conformity elicits praise from superiors, satisfaction in the idea of upholding a certain “moral” code (however immoral one must act to do so), and feelings of acceptance among peers (Zimbardo 4/9/1999). In general, institutions use torture to “increase the illusion of the invulnerability of the regime” (Spitz 5/17/1989); hence, not only do torturing institutions exercise psychological control over their constituents, but torture itself is used for the institution to psychologically bully the rest of the world.

Source : torture.stanford.edu ...

For something a 'little closer to home' -

The Milgram Experiment

The legal and philosophic aspects of obedience are of enormous importance, but they say very little about how most people behave in concrete situations. I set up a simple experiment at Yale University to test how much pain an ordinary citizen would inflict on another person simply because he was ordered to by an experimental scientist. Stark authority was pitted against the subjects' [participants'] strongest moral imperatives against hurting others, and, with the subjects' [participants'] ears ringing with the screams of the victims, authority won more often than not. The extreme willingness of adults to go to almost any lengths on the command of an authority constitutes the chief finding of the study and the fact most urgently demanding explanation.

Ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, and without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terrible destructive process. Moreover, even when the destructive effects of their work become patently clear, and they are asked to carry out actions incompatible with fundamental standards of morality, relatively few people have the resources needed to resist authority.

Source : Wikipedia

See also the Stanford Prison Experiment.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Either i am emotionally deficient these days or incidents like this don't even make me bat an eye lid anymore.It's just another day and another idiotic cop on a power trip... regular as clockwork.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If this was a US soldier tazing an innoncent Iraqi or Afghan, the words torture and abuse would have shown up all over this article.

Cops are pretty lucky they aren't getting the same treatment our soldiers get when incidents like these happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Either i am emotionally deficient these days or incidents like this don't even make me bat an eye lid anymore.It's just another day and another idiotic cop on a power trip... regular as clockwork.

With all due respect, IMHO it is a disservice to yourself and everyone else to simply dismiss incidents like these on the basis that the cop involved was somehow a 'defective unit' ...

The real point is that these cops are basically totally normal human beings who are reacting 'normally' to a very sick situation ...

They find themselves embedded in a totally disfunctional and dehumanizing system which has indoctrinated them into the view that (1) torture is OK ( 'cause Dick Cheney says so ... ) and (2) all civilians are in some sense 'criminals' -- a 'subhuman' 'farm-livestock' type class of person ...

Such conditions would make any 'normal' person go crazy eventually ...

We are currently being transformed into a full 'stazi' state, and the 'few bad cops', these outliers if you will, are only the canaries in the coal mine.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

I suppose, Solomons, that you have hit on an aspect that I find very disturbing. I know I am becoming as desensitized as anyone else. The constant barrage. After a while, it does just become 'normal.' When I stop to think about that, it frightens me just a little more for our nation. The frog in the pot of water sure comes to mind.

One cop can control many, many people simultaneously. No one wants to be the first sixteen to thirty people that take the slugs, or the one that gets tazed.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Thank you very much VV. I think you have helped us all with that one.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I'd have to agree with warrenb re: his line of thought. It's getting down right messed up what these petty power thugs are getting away with; it cannot continue.

The ones like mentioned in the OP will have their judgement day; I do believe they'll be tried in the Hague sooner than later.

S&F

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
reply to post by visible_villain

Thank you very much VV. I think you have helped us all with that one.

No problem -- I am here to serve ... ( and get flamed a lot ... )

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Do you think the victim being the daughter of the City Councilman has anything to do with this story even getting out? I sure do.

People are victimized everyday but we rarely hear about it unless there is another agenda at play. This could be different, but I doubt it.

Thomas is a daughter of City Councilman Cecil Thomas, a former police officer who heads the council's law and safety committee.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Do you think the victim being the daughter of the City Councilman has anything to do with this story even getting out? I sure do.

People are victimized everyday but we rarely hear about it unless there is another agenda at play. This could be different, but I doubt it.

I'm glad you brought that up. I wanted to avoid too much speculation, but it made me IMMEDIATELY think that it was the reason she got tazed in the first place. I'm just twisted that way.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Link to Source

I dare say: This is THE ONLY reason this pig was repremanded. Had she been any other regular, the cop (pig) would still be on the force.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Nutter]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I hate seeing unprovoked tasings. >

I remember the good old "phone book" method.

Anyways, I've posted my views on a lot of these threads, just dropped by with a star and flag for OP. Keep putting these idiots on the chopping block for all to see.
That may stop just one officer from using his taser in an unwarranted situation, then good.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I agree that this is obvious abuse but the scary thing is he probably wouldnt be suspended if the girls dad wasnt a councilman.... i mean it clearly says hes had numerous complaints about excessive force, and he finally gets suspended after he tasers a councilmans daughter

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
I agree that this is obvious abuse but the scary thing is he probably wouldnt be suspended if the girls dad wasnt a councilman.... i mean it clearly says hes had numerous complaints about excessive force, and he finally gets suspended after he tasers a councilmans daughter

I've suspected for many, many years that 'justice' comes in quite a few flavors. There's Rich man's justice and poor man's justice, ordinary citizen justice and well-connected justice...justice in the light of day, with witnesses and justice in the dark alley when no one else is around.

I think there should be a one strike rule for cops. At most, a TWO strike rule....that sure would have stopped this one.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Link to Source

I dare say: This is THE ONLY reason this pig was repremanded. Had she been any other regular, the cop (pig) would still be on the force.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Nutter]

It's funny you say that when I saw this i laughed.. thinking 'oh, whoops, took on the wrong person there..' - so true - if it was a black drug dealer or a wanted suspect it would be close cause for a thumbs up.. society can be sick like that I guess

A

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join