It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Save the Queen - of Australia, Canada, and NZ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
They are afraid they may have to go to war with Britain in order to gain independence. You remember the Falklands War?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Yes, you are an ignorant american, its all part of a power structure. in fact, you , the united states, are also bowing to the queen in secret terms. research more and you will learn.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

The highest position in Canada is the Governor General. If exercised, it has more power than the sitting Prime Minister, including the power to sack that prime minister and replace it with whoever they desire. But the power is never exercised.

Yes but the queen gets final say on the governer general that is selected by the PM. Though never has she not approved it. It's the GG who can dump a PM or dismiss parlament.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yes, Canadians are theoretically subjects of the Queen. However, the Queen (acting through a governor general) has never interfered with Canadian politics except when Parliament was prorogued not so long ago.

I suspect that if the Governor General ever refused to sign a bill into law, the office of the Governor General would cease to exist. In practice the Governor General rubber-stamps bills, and acts as a representative of the government of Canada in a non-official sense. She is basically a diplomat/figurehead.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

Yes, you are an ignorant american, its all part of a power structure. in fact, you , the united states, are also bowing to the queen in secret terms. research more and you will learn.

You should do more research...the Americans don't bow to the Queen and that is why she tried to destroy us in Afghanistan and/or Iraq...I don't think she cared which one she just needed us gone. We have the true secret...something about Tamerlane.

In fact your "Queen" is not a queen at all but just a princess that has bitten off more than she can chew.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
They are afraid they may have to go to war with Britain in order to gain independence. You remember the Falklands War?

What? do you mean that the people of the Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas wanted independence? - and this was the cause of war?

I always thought that the British Empire went to war because pesky Argentina invaded & occupied the Islands

Peace!

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

You should do more research...the Americans don't bow to the Queen and that is why she tried to destroy us in Afghanistan and/or Iraq...I don't think she cared which one she just needed us gone. We have the true secret...something about Tamerlane.

In fact your "Queen" is not a queen at all but just a princess that has bitten off more than she can chew.

Haha the Queen > US. Always has, and always will.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Thanks! I'm learning more all the time and I don't pretend to know things.

I'm well aware that America is not free as most of us believe we are. I actually get paid to write about that basic topic. I never claimed America is better or more free than people in Canada, Australia, or NZ, it's just that the 'veil' of the power structure is slightly different in different places.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I find it funny, that some people are scared of living in a country still under the commonwealth.
I'm not sure where i stand in on the whole issues if we would be better becoming a republic i would have to look in to the advantages and disadvantages. But i haven’t seen or know of any problems that being in the commonwealth has caused us + being in the Commonwealth we get our own mini Olympics
Australia is a great country to live in, and i have heard nothing bad about Canada, i have had friends visit Canada on short and long vacations and they have loved it, one said its similar to Australia but much colder.

America is a republic and their government is all screwed up and corrupt, I’m not saying that ours isn't corrupt, put i think the power in our government is more spread out across more people / parties, so there is more people to dispute a bad decision and cost the corporations to pay more people off

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
A bit of info on the queen for those who didn't know.
The queen is the richest individual on earth, i think there may be a thread on this already

Queen Elizabeth II, head of state of the United Kingdom and of 31 other states and territories, is the legal owner of about 6,600 million acres of land, one sixth of the earth’s land mass (non ocean surface).

The value of her land holding. £17,600,000,000,000 (approx).

This makes her the richest individual on earth

In comparison the five largest personal landowners on Earth:

1. Queen Elizabeth II 6,600 million acres
2. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia 553 million acres
3. King Bhumibol of Thailand 126 million acres
4. King Mohammed IV of Morocco 113 million acres
5. Sultan Quaboos of Oman 76 million acres

www.whoownstheworld.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I suppose when you totally lack morals or a sense of decency you can build yourself up to where you actually believe such things.

I figure if I were to become a murderer who didn't care what kind of things people stuck inside me, I should be able to build up quite a fortune in treasure and political power.

Your Queen is quite powerful, no doubt about it. But if only you could here what souls are saying about her...you wouldn't be so proud of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

People sit here and claim that these people are no better, but then the same people are busy gobbling up the mainstream propaganda and falling for the same tricks these guys have been using for hundreds of years to manipulate the masses. How are they not supposed to think your stupid? When you continually illustrate your ignorance?

And to really get the flame train rolling on king, if you take a moment to put yourself in their shoes and see how they have have raped the people for hundreds of years. It's plain to see how they have come to have the attitude that they have of humanity. A bunch of ignorant, lazy, stupid people is all the masses are to them. And I can see why, every single time I turn on the news.

I actually agree with you. It's an unfortunate truth.

I think we've been purposely mis-educated and most people are happy with themselves and proud of their supposed education, whatever level they've achieved.

While this continues to be the case, they (whomever 'TPTB' are) certainly have an advantage over us. People don't even want to learn about anything that doesn't come from some sort of 'authority' or 'expert' who's said to be 'credible' by other 'authorities' (sadly, celebrities and news anchors seem to count).

Still, I think most of the ignorance in society is more a product of this establishment. I'll continue to believe (however idealistically) we are all equal and people have the potential to excel if our education isn't purposely sabotaged for control.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

With that much wealth, one really has to wonder why in the world did she start this war. All that money, but it wasn't enough. I guess she couldn't be happy until people called her God. One sad woman.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

I suppose when you totally lack morals or a sense of decency you can build yourself up to where you actually believe such things.

I figure if I were to become a murderer who didn't care what kind of things people stuck inside me, I should be able to build up quite a fortune in treasure and political power.

Your Queen is quite powerful, no doubt about it. But if only you could here what souls are saying about her...you wouldn't be so proud of it.

Haha this has nothing to do with me being proud of her. The debate here is about the scope of her power and her wealth, and on both fronts, she's at the top of the pyramid.

You saying that she is not, illustrates that you are misinformed at best.

The sun never sets on Britannia's holdings, and it hasn't for centuries.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by king9072]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Yet she still goes to war...I think she might be fudging a bit on her power. Apparently it's not as secure as you've been led to believe.

But it's cool...since you are so well informed into her personal affairs and consider yourself to be an expert at things you couldn't possibly know, then you also know that in addition to her being at death's door...the people that she has stolen from and owes are at hers.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine

People sit here and claim that these people are no better, but then the same people are busy gobbling up the mainstream propaganda and falling for the same tricks these guys have been using for hundreds of years to manipulate the masses. How are they not supposed to think your stupid? When you continually illustrate your ignorance?

And to really get the flame train rolling on king, if you take a moment to put yourself in their shoes and see how they have have raped the people for hundreds of years. It's plain to see how they have come to have the attitude that they have of humanity. A bunch of ignorant, lazy, stupid people is all the masses are to them. And I can see why, every single time I turn on the news.

I actually agree with you. It's an unfortunate truth.

I think we've been purposely mis-educated and most people are happy with themselves and proud of their supposed education, whatever level they've achieved.

While this continues to be the case, they (whomever 'TPTB' are) certainly have an advantage over us. People don't even want to learn about anything that doesn't come from some sort of 'authority' or 'expert' who's said to be 'credible' by other 'authorities' (sadly, celebrities and news anchors seem to count).

Still, I think most of the ignorance in society is more a product of this establishment. I'll continue to believe (however idealistically) we are all equal and people have the potential to excel if our education isn't purposely sabotaged for control.

Good work, you've added a few facets to my comments.

First, you're exactly right, today's masses are a direct product of the establishment created for them. But that can also be used an excuse, since there are a lot of people who do question what and why they are taught. People who look into things and research it for themselves rather than blindly agreeing with what has been placed on their platter.

This supports the idea that it is at some point a choice. And perhaps people of lower intelligence are less likely to make the right choice, but they still have the choice.

It's the same principle as people who have millions. Sure some were just lucky, some were just given it, but many had to simply work hard and look outside the box. Failing to look outside the box is what lets people live in extreme ignorance.

People can make excuses about the negative sides of their life all day long, but at the end of the day our destiny is our own to create.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The queen is head of state for the Commonwealth because they are British colonies, a status which may not be common knowledge but is still legally so. There has not been successful attempts to alter this by the countries effected, unlike the US which had a revolution and India which was given back. The idea of being a royal subject is not something that occurs to or impedes everyday life for British citizens, however if you are interested look into the legal status of the queen and the powers she holds. You will be shocked.
As has been previously mentioned the royal family have not interfered for many many years in British politics, however it is correct that the Queen can abolish Parliament and declare war. In a general election the sitting prime minister asks permission to dissolve Parliament and call an election. A lot of this is seen as tradition but it actually the law.
Go read and find out, why do you think there was a war of INDEPENDENCE in the first place?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tristanchi

The war of indepence was sponsored by Louis XVI against George to recover his losses from the French/Indian war. The people of America were already free and under the protection of a Sovereign until they believed the lies of the British and sold themselves into slavery. Louis considered it an opportunity to illustrate a point, but you can't turn a whore into a housewife and some of the Americans almost lost their freedom again.

The point of this is to inform that your queen has no holdings in America and her subjects in this land may end up in internment camps before this current war ends. That goes for Beatrix, Juan Carlos and his Pope too.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey King.

Don't you find it unusual that the Kings of France was the richest person on earth for 800 years before they were destroyed in 1793 and now all of their wealth is being held by a British monarch.

Such an obvious crime, but the British find a degree in pride in this...makes you go hummmmm.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine

I'm certainly not saying people need to revolt against the monarchy. I was just astonished that I didn't know about this, and I've never heard anything about Canadians, Australians, or New Zealanders(?) making an issue of it, like (correct me if I'm wrong) some in Ireland have.

In New Zealand it still has some import as our 'founding document' the Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi) was signed between (most/some) Maori and the Crown....and that is why, I believe, that it stills exists to this day.
There is always the possibility that if we broke off our arrangements with the Crown then the kneejerk intolerant racists would demand the cessation of all things Treaty related and that would be the beginning of a civil war.

However, regarding our everyday lives/existences then the Crown is not an issue....it certainly isn't something that I'm ever acutely aware of as residing in the background.

However, if I had my way I would abolish the Crown yet retain the Treaty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join