It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Camelot's Response to critics of controversial Dr. Greer interview...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Source:

www.projectcamelot.org...

Video in question:

Bill Ryan of Project Camelot in his own words in response to recent criticism regarding the new interview w. Dr. Steven Greer.

Besides possibly offending some people in high places, we have been criticized by some for the Steven Greer video. I need to say a few things about that. At this point, you will see why I'm writing this response myself.

We know some people don't like Kerry's interviewing style. That's okay, too: there are many other videos to watch - too many, in fact - and no-one is under contract to view or listen to our material.

We understand that many people were uncomfortable with how we (both) confronted Steven Greer. We appreciated that some people found the video hard to watch ...we did ourselves! But we do not apologize for our stance, and our substantive questions remain - and they are serious ones.

And Kerry herself has come under fire. Here's my response. Read this carefully.

Kerry Cassidy is one of the bravest people I have ever met. She has more integrity in her little finger than most people have in their whole being. In all the time I've known her - and all the time I've spent with her (which is considerable: despite not being a couple, we always share hotel rooms, and have traveled for thousands of miles and for months out of every year) -

- I have never, EVER, known her to lie or deceive in any way. I do not believe the thought ever enters her head. This is an extraordinarily rare and valuable quality. Name me another person, man or woman, who meets that test.

- I've never, ever, known her to deliberately hurt another person. Rather the opposite: she forgives and always seeks to understand those who I sometimes myself privately write off in my own moments of impatience and frustration.

- She has the kind of courage that any General would be proud of - and which many men lack. She is fearless and has no concerns whatsoever for her own safety or about others' opinions of her. She is ALWAYS trying to do the right thing. She and I have both made mistakes and errors of judgment - but her intentions are honorable every time.

She is loyal, and determined, and committed to the highest good, and I'm proud to work with her. She has explained her interview style, which is seamless with her personality, and rightly does not apologize for who she is. (One of our closest friends, Bob Dean - you may remember that some air-heads criticized Kerry for giving him a 'hard time' on camera - loves her to pieces and is one of our staunchest allies. Go figure.)

Between us, we make up an extremely strong team. We complement one another extraordinarily well. And we are far more than "interviewers" or "journalists". It's not just our job to ask questions and keep dutifully quiet.

We've been swimming in this material publicly, 24/7, for over three years, literally night and day. Before that, we were students and private researchers for decades, and have both had our own experiences. (See this interview of ourselves by Arjan Bos. You may like it. You'll learn quite a lot about us and what makes us tick.)

We know a great deal now, and are well-qualified to have our own strong, well-informed opinions on a range of subjects. We do not apologize for, or need to justify, the way we present our views - or the fact that we present them at all.

Again I state that whether or not agree w. Dr. Greer and his information, there is a code of conduct when interviewing someone to at least be cordial. I personally feel that code was broken. PC should already know that such infighting draws attention away from the information and toward the controversial nature of the video. PC seems to above making any apologies for this. You decide.....

[edit on 3-9-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I agree.

PC behaved like neanderthals, and the interview was HIGHLY unprofessional, no matter how much back-patting and self-congratulations Bill and Kerry give themselves. They acted quite immature and unprofessional in this interview, regardless of whether one holds any credence to Greer's (or any other interviewee's) stances. They lost a lot of respect from a good portion of viewership, myself included.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have to say to me personally it felt like PC was constantly trying to make it "known" that they are not stupid and that they know what is going on too. It seemed like they were in the defensive constantly and maybe a little taken back by Dr. Greer's obvious high intelligence and spectacular use of words and syntax. Forgive my language but it seemed almost like a "pissing match" for some parts of the interview. Now while I do understand PC's philosophy that we should not be so ready to state on an official stage that ETs are not harmful, or at the very least make it known much more clear what you are saying, especially if you are, as Greer is, on a pedestal in the UFO community. I just feel that PC was trying to push WAY TOO MUCH of their own ideology into this interview, if they did not like what was said they spoke out and interjected their own beliefs. I thought the totality of the interview was totally unprofessional as they would nt even let Dr. Greer finish a sentence at times.

It did not look good and regardless of anyones passion for ANYTHING they need to realize what type of stage they are on and not make rash judgments like that. It is ALWAYS important and number one to remain professional in such situations. The worst person was Kerry, she was at loss for words and obviously felt insecure about the situation, well according to her actions anyways. It seemed all to apparent to me that she was only trying to defend and interject her beliefs as well as make herself look smart. I thought that Greer had some good stuff to present and sadly sometimes in the interview I literally could not listen to the interruptions and such. Now while I do not claim either one of those 'factions' to be correct I do agree with some of the things said by both sides, both evidencially and philosophically. One final point I would like to relate--If are own ufological factions can not even unify and discuss peacefully and intelligently how in the HELL do we hope to advance enough to take the next step? Peace~Justin

[edit on 9/3/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, I think that was more a debate than an interview. I can see why Greer hesitated a long time before doing an interview with them...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
ive watched a good amount of camelot's interviews, and this one felt like a fox news style attack on greer

even if you dont agree with the person being interviewed, you must maintain some interviewer/interviewee decorum

it was like they were after him to make him crack or something, highly unprofessional no matter how much of a love fest the two have going on it hurts their integrity

props to greer for not cracking and bodyslamming her

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I say who cares? Its just a couple of fools making further fools of each other....and making us look like fools as well. We wouldn't have to put up with this silly, childish crap if we didn't give people like this attention to begin with.

Come on, Greer? This guy's claims are ridiculous. And "project Camelot" is no better. Both continue to give us all black eyes and I think most of you know it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I saw that video interview and found Dr. Greer to not be very forth coming with some of his explinations, he is aware of curtain materials and has knowledge of things he is not aloud to talk about obviously and when he was asked curtain questions he simply excepted Bill and Karry along with all of us to simply except it as ti was and not explain.

I do beleive the interview came off unperfessional, I myself would have ended the interview before within 20 minutes as the tention was so thick coming thru and could be cut with a knife.

But those of you that say you lost respect for Bill and Karry for getting impatent with Dr. Greer for not being forth right with his answers and for simply asking the questions that we all want answered is sad. They are out their doing the job and asking the questions and I believe that they sould have our highest respect as we sit back and do NOTHING!

Dr. Greer is a gov shill IMO and that is what I took from that interview!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
publicity stunt , nothing more

people... stop wasting your time with this soap opera.

what good is it doing for ufology ? nothing

[edit on 4-9-2009 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I say who cares? Its just a couple of fools making further fools of each other....and making us look like fools as well. We wouldn't have to put up with this silly, childish crap if we didn't give people like this attention to begin with.

Come on, Greer? This guy's claims are ridiculous. And "project Camelot" is no better. Both continue to give us all black eyes and I think most of you know it.

Agreed,Project Camelot are a joke,i think they should stop interviewing people who are clearly delusional/scammers/insane since it's obvious they do put alot of effort into their work.I just think it could be put to better use by being a bit more strict on who they interview.Greer is just painfully embarrassing to listen to.I think his intentions were good at the start, getting alot of people together from the military to share their ufo stories.I doubt they were all being truthful but im sure alot were..then he just went insane or thought of the $$ he could make for scamming gullible fools and the rest is history.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
well, they know they screwed up up if they found it necessary to post a reply to all the criticism of the interview. I find it funny that they put out a reply but still refuse to admit they blew the interview...i mean "pissing contest"
for PC...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It was very uncomfortable for me to watch that video.

I'm sure that because of the general reaction to that, Kerry and others have looked back on it and realised it wasn't the best way to behave in the interview. I'm sure though, that it can be very difficult when you feel so strongly about something to stay objective during an interview.

I really respect what Project Camelot have achieved and I like Kerry, she has worked very hard to get information out to all.

I think I would advise them quite strongly to have a look through their own mission statement and amend it accordingly if need be, otherwise, honor it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey guys.......Quick idea here....Instead of just TALKING about how much crap PC and Greer are why not try and to something to expose and STOP it? To quote easynow in another(but similar) context: Why are we even wasting our time talking about this? What I am saying is I personally (and I am sure I am not alone) am getting tired of the armchair statements made by some(not singling out anyone, it goes WAY beyond this small thread
) without any obvious attempts to change anything, rather than 'talk about it on a discussion board'. Now I am a firm believer that A LOT can be accomplished through ATS (obviously) but it does take a little more than a few sarcastic posts here and there, as well as a few very small threads to do so.

Again I am not singling out anyone, just making a suggestion.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I don't have the resources or man power to change much except close friends and family,which has not went too well i must say.Plus my armchair is very comfortable.Disclosure whatever it may be..alien or man made ufo's with all the technology that comes with it will only come when the people in the know want it to and not because of public poll figures.Plus alot of people like the fanciful tales greer spins about extra dimensional creatures,cloned aliens,zero point energy,zooming about in alien spaceships because of vedic meditation etc etc rather than a simple *i don't know*.Thats not exciting enough for alot of people.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Of course, my response was not directed to the members who can not really do anything other than what they already do.
It was directed towards others, but I am glad you cared enough to respond to it.

PS: I hope all goes well with your friends and family.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Kerry Cassidy appears to need a punch in the face. Greer did quite well to keep his composure... given that he was right.. he was asked to come in for an interview. If she didn't want to hear his theories and views why bother inviting him in. I'm fairly certain it wasn't supposed to be a debate but she tried her best to turn it into one.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

Above are all great posts, but yours is especially good imo

Thing is with Kerry, she interjects but says nothing. I'm sure she believes she's paraphrasing the guests' comments -- but she just loves the sound of her own voice. And anyway, what an insult to the viewing audience for her to believe we NEED her to 'dumb it down' so we'll understand, huh ?

Worse .. she invariably gets it WRONG. How frustrating is THAT for a guest ?

So the guest has to correct Kerry's MIS-interpretation of what he just said. And has to try to find a way of doing it that won't enlarge the already massive chip on her shoulder. And THEN she interrupts AGAIN, when the guest is halfway through correcting HER misinterpretation of what the guest said in the first place !

She's maddening ! She wrecks EVERYthing .. all the time .. never learns .. won't just shut UP and let the guest speak. All the time, she's waving her arms around and signalling to a guest who's TRYING to retain his train of thought, that SHE is going to butt in. So the guest tries to hurry up and say what he wants to say before she DOES interrupt. And the tension builds

Basically, she doesn't WANT to let anyone say what they planned. She has huge problems. She must have sent her parents and teachers insane. You don't get to be such a PAIN in the bum in just a few years. Obviously she's honed this stupid game of hers through a lifetime of sending people crazy. And that's about her ONLY contribution to anything .. she sends people crazy, including the audience. And I think she enjoys doing it

Next of all, she rides on the back of guests. She uses them to draw an audience --- and then she tries to HIJACK that audience. Because she knows no-one is going to tune in to watch her. But really, she figures people SHOULD listen to her and she must believe that if she rides on others coat-tails long enough, she'll become a celebrity in her own right. Wrong.

As for Bill .. what's he supposed to be ? Her accessory ? Her apologist ?
Who cares.

If I were Greer, I would have refused to sit between the pair of them like that from the outset. He had to swing his head back and forth between them. I think they set it up to undermine him. I don't like them. And I emailed and told them. Then she came in here posting in defence of herself. She didn't get very far with that. So now we have Bill's ridiculous public dummy spit and ego-dance. Go home, Kerry and Bill. Grow vegetables or something. You're worse than amateurish

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just watched some more (why ? it already sent me mad ONCE already !)
and the ONLY way I can repair my brain after the Kerry-Damage
is to email her again ... and again tell her again what an annoying ignoramus I consider her to be.

Returning it to her is the only way she might learn to stop and never get in front of a camera again .. and never have the hide to call what she does an 'interview'

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Both continue to give us all black eyes and I think most of you know it.

Thats why I like you, Ignore. You always cut right thru the B.S.

I would say it's time for both Greer, and PC (mostly Project Camelot) to up the quality and value scale here in future outings. Hopefully, a great lesson has been learned for all involved.

If not, then two less Ufologists to worry bout.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

---

PC did fine in my opinion guys. Greer's last two minutes realy showed he's washed up. Did you hear'm (last rtwo minutes?).
I read about the US financial collapse four months before it came to be. Where? --a PC Interview.

No disrespect to Greer, I just have trouble w/the x anesthesiologist doctor's continual arrogance. I believe he would have accomplished big things during the Washington Press Club deal, but 911 popped up shortly afterward.
Greer should have allowed David Adair to speak too.

Decoy

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
While I appreachiate much of Project Camelots work. I think they were simply trying to make Steven Greer look foolish. Very non professional.

Whether you like Dr. Steven Greer or not. He has been doing this for something 20 years or more now. I think he has at least a vague idea what he's talking about by now. And should be shown at least a little respect.

There is no offence intended to Project Camelot here.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by 2009disclosure]

[edit on 5-9-2009 by 2009disclosure]

new topics

top topics

join