It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I would like to share this amazing BBC documentary with the members of ATS. Below is a brief description of the program which was broken up into a three part series (The Hidden kingdom, The Chemistry of Life, and The Spark of Life).

In a three-part series, Dr Adam Rutherford tells the extraordinary story of the scientific quest to discover the secrets of the cell and of life itself. Every living thing is made of cells, microscopic building blocks of almost unimaginable power and complexity.

The first part [The hidden Kingdom] explores how centuries of scientific and religious dogma were overturned by the earliest discoveries of the existence of cells, and how scientists came to realise that there was, literally, more to life than meets the eye.

The second part [The Chemistry of Life] explores how scientists delved ever deeper into the world of the cell, seeking to reveal the magic ingredient that can spark a bundle of chemicals into life. Their discoveries have brought us to the brink of being able to create life for ourselves.

The final part [The Spark of Life] reveals how our knowledge of cells has brought us to the brink of one of the most important moments in history. Scientists are close to repeating what has happened only once in four billion years - the creation of a new life form.

As this was a recent BBC production, the BBC iplayer may not be available to those outside of the UK, but if you do a google search for each episode you will be able to find the viewable material. Having checked the BBC iplayer, only episode three is left available BBC iplayer: The Spark of Life or alternatively BBC.co.uk: The Spark of Life

I highly recommend this series as it is extremely eye opening for the layman and goes into depth (in laymans terms) about the discovery and our understanding of the cell. This is also a MUST watch for those whom do not believe in evolution, as this show will open up your eyes to a whole new world.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the link, I will definately watch it, sounds most interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by coodeytar

It is extremely interesting and very informative; I hope this thread doesnt fall on deafs ear which im sure it will

new topics

join