It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Demonstrators demand security after needle attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

China: Demonstrators demand security after needle attacks

www.cnn.com

A local woman told CNN that the stabbings were ethnically motivated and that government text messages to citizens have warned that the syringes contained an unknown disease.

"People are protesting here right now. It's all Han people," he said, declining to give his name because of safety reasons. "Since August 3, the Uyghurs have been stabbing the Hans with needles with an unknown virus. People are all very scared."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
An unknown virus. This is disturbing. With all of the uproar about not taking the flu vaccine, more needle controversy. I may be stretching it a bit, but do you think it's possible that the Chinese government could be infecting it's own people and blaming racial instability?

Ethnic-fueled violence between the Han Chinese and Uyghurs has plagued Urumqi since July, when soldiers and police stormed the streets to quell riots. Unconfirmed reports of deaths in those riots range from 200 to many more.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
aha! i read this story a bit back and didnt even think of that... i think you could be on to something ... i mean apparently the rivalry is long standing and with the government sending text messages that seem geared towards fear..... you never know , good analysis

join