It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury Found in Blood of One-Third of American Women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Mercury Found in Blood of One-Third of American Women

www.ens-newswire.com

Inorganic mercury was detected in the blood of 30 percent of women studied in 2005-2006, a steep rise from the two percent of women who were found to have inorganic mercury in their blood in the 1999-2000 study.

Blood mercury concentration is widely considered the appropriate indicator of absorbed dose that corresponds to deposition within the human body, Laks explains in the study.

While people face chronic exposure from both the organic mercury form, due to consumption of fish, and the elemental form, due to inhalation from air, and dental amalgams, there is strong evidence that inorga
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.eoearth.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fish Nationwide Contaminated With Mercury

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow. In 2000 there were 2% showing signs of Mercury.
6 yrs later there are 30%

They can't blame this on coal fired power plants. Emission restrictions have increase.

The study suggests the levels in the atmosphere have increased greatly, and that's actually how it's getting into fish and shellfish.

I mean, a kid spills a little mercury at school, and the fire dept shows up and decontaminated the place.

A student at Denver's Lincoln High School brought mercury to school Wednesday, and had to be decontaminated by firefighters.

The incident happened around the lunch hour when the student spilled a trace amount inside the school, said Lt. Phil Champagne, a Denver Fire Department spokesman.

www.denverpost.com...

Doctors sure don't know where all those birth defects, stillborns, autism, downs syndrome is coming from.

In August 1996 Karen Wetterhahn, a chemistry professor at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire, spilled a few drops of a laboratory compound called dimethyl mercury onto one of her hands. She was wearing latex lab gloves, so she didn’t think much of it. A colleague saw her at a conference the following November. “She said she thought she was coming down with the flu,” says toxicologist Vas Aposhian of the University of Arizona. By the time Wetterhahn was diagnosed with mercury poisoning, in January, it was too late. Despite subsequent treatment that helped clear the metal from her body, she lapsed into a vegetative state in February and died the following June.

Scientists are at a loss to explain why mercury often takes months to exert its effects. “If we knew that, we’d know a lot more about how mercury poisons the brain,” says Tom Clarkson, a toxicologist at the University of Rochester Medical Center.

mercuryexposure.org...

Flu like symptoms. Hmmm.

www.ens-newswire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Maybe too many people are already asleep from mercury poisoning.

They blame it on eating too much fish. Well, the fish are getting it from
the atmosphere. They are blaming the mercury in the atmosphere on coal
burning power plants.

Give me a break.

A recent study conducted by the U.S. Geological Survey reveals mercury contamination is pervasive in rivers and streams all across the nation.

A Southeast Georgia environmental advocate says the Satilla River, which rises near Douglas and empties into the Atlantic near Woodbine, could be the “poster child” for that study.

“The Satilla exemplifies everything in that study,” Satilla Riverkeeper Gordon Rogers said after the results of the study were released Wednesday. “It’s a blackwater stream that’s heavily contaminated with mercury, and the mercury is poisoning the fish to the point that they’re inedible.”
The source of the mercury

While there are some who claim the mercury is naturally occurring, Rogers contends the source for most of it is coal-fired power plants.

“The science is overwhelming about where the stuff is coming from and how toxic it is,” he said.

According to Rogers, mercury is emitted from power plant smokestacks when coal is burned. It lofts into the atmosphere, and eventually settles to earth, ironically using nature as a very efficient distribution system.

The lack of a coal-fired power plant in the region obviously is no safeguard to mercury pollution, Rogers points out.

www.jacksonville.com...

Umm, the lack of a coal power plant in the region suggest it's not from coal fired power plants. If it were, the levels of mercury would be greatest in the near area of these plants, as mercury is heavier than air.

Also, scrubbers have been added to nearly all coal plants.

Where, then is the mercury coming from.

Weather modification.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Udontknowme]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

Just thought I should share this in case anyone hasn't seen it or is interested in reading.

I have found a very interesting development related to new chemtrail formulations. I have found that the following symptoms now accompany the more common chemtrail symptoms that I have experienced previously:
Ringing in the ears
- Oily skin
- Sweating
- Wandering mind (focusing becomes difficult)
- Fatigue
- Headache
- Tingling in the hands and feet
- Muscle twitching
- Dizziness
- Muscle tightness, especially in the neck and back
- Painful or cracking joints
- Much more...

It's interesting to notice that all of the above symptoms are commonly associated with mercury toxicity.

This fact combined with the news report video near the top of this forum (in a sticky post entitled Local News Station Uncovers Barium in Chemtrails (video)) that reported that mercury (in additional to barium and aluminum) was found in chemtrail residue, may indeed be cause for serious concern.

The Link

One more because I think it is important to add to this discussion.

The more I study this subject, the more I realize that the majority (over 50%) of chronic degenerative disease in the civilized world is caused by heavy metals and man-made chemicals (and now, GEO's —geneticallyl engineered organisms). When you study this subject long enough, it becomes simple logic to conclude that the majority chronic-degenerative disease in the civilized world is man made. It also becomes clear that there is a tremendous motive (hundreds-of-billions annually) for pharmaceutical companies to lobby for laws that ensure the continued delivery of heavy metals and chemtrail additives to the food supply, and these toxic, immoral, criminally-actionable laws continue to be thrust upon us with each new month.

I have no idea how reliable this information is or the website it was found on, so read it and be sure to tell what you think of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
isnt this why they have period for?...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

I must assume you are joking. No member of this forum is that dense, are they? You are scaring me.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

im no woman i wouldnt know and neither would most of them probably.
ur trolling scares me more.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by platipus]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Mercury is also found in high fructose corn syrup..

www.washingtonpost.com...

Almost half of tested samples of commercial high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) contained mercury, which was also found in nearly a third of 55 popular brand-name food and beverage products where HFCS is the first- or second-highest labeled ingredient, according to two new U.S. studies.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by cloakndagger]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This is deliberate. I keep wondering when people particularly women will figure out that the welcome mat has been pulled out from under us. The eugenecists are totally nihilistic. They want most everyone dead.

Everywhere I go I see fat deformed women wondering around in a brain fog. God did not make them that way; they have been poisoned. There are treatments. Drugs can mimic the thyroid making their lives easier by speeding up their metabolism; these drugs also help people think more clearly. The toxins could be removed by chelation therapy. If only people would get angry about what has been done.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by eradown]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Just thought I should share this in case anyone hasn't seen it or is interested in reading.

I have found a very interesting development related to new chemtrail formulations. I have found that the following symptoms now accompany the more common chemtrail symptoms that I have experienced previously:
Ringing in the ears
- Oily skin
- Sweating
- Wandering mind (focusing becomes difficult)
- Fatigue
- Headache
- Tingling in the hands and feet
- Muscle twitching
- Dizziness
- Muscle tightness, especially in the neck and back
- Painful or cracking joints
- Much more...

It's interesting to notice that all of the above symptoms are commonly associated with mercury toxicity.

This fact combined with the news report video near the top of this forum (in a sticky post entitled Local News Station Uncovers Barium in Chemtrails (video)) that reported that mercury (in additional to barium and aluminum) was found in chemtrail residue, may indeed be cause for serious concern.

The Link

One more because I think it is important to add to this discussion.

The more I study this subject, the more I realize that the majority (over 50%) of chronic degenerative disease in the civilized world is caused by heavy metals and man-made chemicals (and now, GEO's —geneticallyl engineered organisms). When you study this subject long enough, it becomes simple logic to conclude that the majority chronic-degenerative disease in the civilized world is man made. It also becomes clear that there is a tremendous motive (hundreds-of-billions annually) for pharmaceutical companies to lobby for laws that ensure the continued delivery of heavy metals and chemtrail additives to the food supply, and these toxic, immoral, criminally-actionable laws continue to be thrust upon us with each new month.

I have no idea how reliable this information is or the website it was found on, so read it and be sure to tell what you think of it.

Thank you for that very informative post.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but what about the energy saving light bulbs. I had heard a few years ago if one breaks to get out of the house for 30 min while the powder in them settles, because it contains mercury. Then it went on to tell how to finish the clean-up. But what that is, I couldn't tell you. But anyway, I'm getting to a point. What if the increase of using these bulbs, to be more green, is making the rates go up. Everyone I know uses them. It's possible, no? I myself have broke one and cleaned it as soon as it happened. I guess I was exposed to mercury because I didn't clean it up the right way.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
isnt this why they have period for?...

How about sticking to research?

Mercury
Surprisingly, many high altitude particles
contained mercury. As shown in Fig. 4C,
mercury can be identified unambiguously
from its isotopic pattern. Aerosols containing
mercury were most common just above the
tropopause (Fig. 7). Mercury was present in
small amounts in about half of these particles.
Over 70% of the spectra collected during one
flight leg near the tropopause south from
Houston to 10°N contained mercury.

www.atmos-chem-phys-discuss.net...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Yes, and let's not forget vaccines.

But many don't know they use it in water treatment, too.

MERCURY USE:
WASTEWATER
TREATMENT PLANTS
Mercury is Potentially Used or Released at Wastewater
Treatment Plants in Three Different Areas:
1 A component in equipment (e.g., switches, gauges, thermometers)
2 An ingredient in chemicals or laboratory chemicals (e.g., thimerosal)
3 A contaminant in treatment chemicals (eg., ferric chloride)

www.epa.gov...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is biological and chemical warfare - straight up.
Whether it comes from eating fish, or high fructose
corn syrup, chemtrails or powerplants. Releasing
mercury is cheaper than cleaning it up and all
the sick people make money for someone, whether
its doctors, pharmaceuticals or vitamin manufacturers.
The health of our bodies is a direct corollary of the
health of our minds. We are NOT WELL.

There are no additional scrubbers on coal-fired
plants since 2001. the Bush adminstration made
sure to rescind any hampering environmental
laws with the "clear skies initiative". thanks, Mr.
Chene, I will think of you the next time I have to
take my child to the hospital with an asthma
attack.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You would think a 1500% increase in mercury in womens blood in 6 yrs would rise the awareness of whats going on.

Nothing in MSM about this though.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I understand why they focused this on women (I'm assuming it is because they also discuss birth defects), but we aren't recieving enough information here to truly make an educated guess on the cause unless we see some figures on a similar sample of men. For all we know it could be from tampons, prenatal vitamins, Crystal Light, makeup, douching products, feminine itch powders, panty hose, deodorant "strong enough for a man, but pH balanced for a woman," watching Oprah Winnfrey, or from the ink used in romance novels. Obviously I'm being faceteous, but we really can't lay the blame on something everyone is being exposed to equally, like an environmental or water supply source, unless we also see a corresponding increase in mercury levels in men. That's basic scientific theory.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Maybe they didn't post the results of the men, because it's worse.

After all, mercury is being found in fish nationwide. I suggest the
problem is much worse than they let on.

Where is all this mercury that has been released in our atmosphere go?
Nowhere. It will just get worse.

We are doomed.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Mercury contamination.

In fish. Not exactly new information, the warnings have been going on for years, now. It's particularly bad in shallow-water fish life, such as shellfish.

Hmmm...YOU start a thread claiming mercury contamination comes air, then post all sorts of things about mercury in water??

Even about coal-fired plants, and the effluent discharge being high in mercury?? Well...factory smokestacks spew into the air, so I guess you're right about that.

BUT, as someone else pointed out, there are many other sources of mercury, in groundwater...comsumer electronic products, even the light bulbs used today. They end up in landfills, instead of being disposed properly.

Makes its way into water supply.

Bet it's worse in third-world countries....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hmmm...YOU start a thread claiming mercury contamination comes air, then post all sorts of things about mercury in water??

I thought it was typical that they use mercury to clean mercury contaminated water. You know, the "Idiots guide to waste water treatment"

Do you have an excuse for every govt. cover-up

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Sorry, Hazelnut, your link was to a blog!?

By a guy, who in the blog, goes on to promote his own website?? (Or, if not his, still one that he's somehow affiliated with. One, BTW, that promotes "chemtrails"!!!)

Look...I can just as easily, if I wanted to, start a website and begin blogging about Giant Purple Spaghetti Monsters who fly overhead and break open rectal thermometers on us, causing the mercury contamination.

Wouldn't make it true, just because I made a website and blog, now would it?

The simple fact is, the contaminations from mercury, and OTHER nasty things, do not come from airplanes!

"But, how does it get into the sky?", you ask.

Just like other forms of pollution.

How is smog formed? How does it get up, from the cars' and buses' tailpipes, and rise thousands of feet? In the air. Microscopic bits, mixed in. Air rises, it falls, wind blows, it rises through geographic lifting. Other ways, strong thermal lifting, high upper winds carry it, it mixes more, blends with other contaminates....etc. THUS, it can be studied and measured, BY AIRPLANES, and the true extent of how much damage is being done by ground-based polluting sites can be determined.

Mercury? In the air? Well...I'm no scientist, but in what form is this mercury? Certainly not globules of stuff, right? I'm guessing it, too, is microscopic, mere dozens of atoms perhaps....but they combine, are suspended in water...perhaps even in water vapor? Water that evaporates from contimated rivers, lakes, oceans. The vapor, now with the mercury atoms hitching a ride, go for a ride on the winds.

The effects are cumulative, I've read. Doesn't take much of a concentration either, to show ill effects on Humans.

I certainly hope there aren't people out there who actually believe that "they" are somehow 'spraying' mercury intentionally out of airplanes??? That is so ridiculous a notion as to be incomprehensible.

Sheesh! Next it's going to be people claiming that lead in the paints on toys from China is part of a grand "plot"!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join