It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we kill God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Because we're warring and hateful is why we would get wiped out. If we live by the sword we will die by it.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Exactly. We don't need any god or goddess to fix that for us, we are very capable of destroying ourselves without any help from outsiders.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I still dont understand how you can kill GOD. A few times people reference killing gods that will come here. Well, if they came here, then wouldnt they be aliens and not gods???

You cant kill GOD. you can all discuss this all you want, but its just a silly discussion. To kill GOD, yeah funny.

Now if the topic were to kill the aliens that will come back and make slaves of us, then Im all in for getting rid of them. As viciously and as violent as possible.

Funny humans think they can even contemplate killing a GOD.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

It's unexplored territory, so I guess we'll have to see, my best guess would simply be to cast him out...

To quote Epicurus

"Is god willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not imnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolant.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence come evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him god?"

Simply, why put up with "this" thing people call god?

To refute one of your statements quite succinctly which was "You can't even contemplate killing god" ~ umm, we are.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How about simply ignoring him?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
With 2012 just round the corner and many prophecies predicting some kind of god returning and killing most of us. Should we even attempt to stop this happening if it comes true? Will the worlds governments launch an attack if possible? If we find a stargate should we destroy it before whatever made it returns?

[edit on 3-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

before //ahem.. making such BRASH off the cuff opinionated reactionary responses to such a supposition...

iiiiii think you might want to elucidate exactly what you mean by 'God'..
are you referring to a fairy-tale type.. the one that people sliiiightly educated in religion through the media think of?

i mean really... the term 'Elohim' was translated into 'God' then 'The Lord' then sometimes you get terms that wer once 'the host of the heavens' being crudely generalized as the term 'The Lord' ... these "hosts" could be stuarts of our ascension.. plural... "elohim" is plural.. it says we made man in OUR image...

so to just pop off this 'God' term on an internet board doesnt really fare well with me regarding whether we should fight 'Him' or however the general lowbrow interpretation of god is...

i think of your question as the same as asking a bunch of sentient binary computer programs if they should destroy the very computer they operate within.

but if we are talking about the 'hosts of heaven' or Anunakki or Elohim etc... then lets get a bit more detailed and exact in what we're talking about.

to try to destroy the central godhead of the matrix of spirit that is the Creator vs us ... the world of matter and ego.. the 'Creature' would be like.. ok i am going to rip my heart out and brain out and somehow still survive.

fighting aliens that are testing our cooperativeness in order to get over ou petty differences and embrace brotherhood...
ok now that's a bit different.

-

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join