It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I asked is there "ANY" evidence of the end in 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I simply want your theory. Is there ANY evidence support the end of the world in 2012? It's a very basic question. If there is evidence please list your evidence or theory. I just want the tables to be straight on this 2012 madness.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

No. From what I have seen there is no evidence that points to any *specific* event ocurring. It's all speculation based on ancient legends, calendars, prophecies, and interesting technological concepts (the timewave, for example).

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I would like to see a thread about evidence saying that Nothing will happend in the years ahead, the 2012 scenario, if you whish !!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
2012 could be anything, meaning the events which take place before and after 2012, are going to shape the outcome of what it represents.

therefore it's almost impossible to say "this is going to happen because of this"

i think the best thing is to evaluate both sides on the topic.

however i have a gut feeling, some events may unfold soon that are going to help alot of people become more aware to their consciousness.

as far as evidence goes, just look at society and the past. the old saying "history repeats itself" is awfully true in the long run.

people think society's just started to emerge since 2,000 BC and we have advanced from their, but i think is somewhat wrong.

considering the pyramids were build in around 10,000 BC and obviously not by the Egyptians. than the only logical explanation for the pyramids being built is another civilization that was and still probably is more advanced than us.

why would people thousands of years ago, build enormous structures of geometrical shapes? to help people realize that the basic fundamental elements of life, revolve around geometry. but yet people still don't understand this.

it just baffles me how so many people in the western world are so brainwashed by the pop culture and the popularity of celebrities.
i mean thousands of children can die across the world, but as soon as a popular guy like MJ dies,the USA goes on standby.

i think it's bout #ing time for a change of thinking. and that is what the whole point of 2012 is. and no i don't think it's gonna be the end of the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Can there be such a thing as proof for an event that has yet to occur?

Of course not.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

The end of the world is in 2014 not 2012... I have no proof but you MUST believe me

I honestly think this is all getting a bit silly... Do i believe that a major even could happen within my own lifetime? Yes. Do i believe it will happen in 2012? It could!

What happened to 2000... And then 2006... Mass hysteria over dates. That’s all this is! I believe it is to do with the fear of the unknown mixed with the Human need for order... we cannot except that some things we simple do not know... when is the end? People need to know so they put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. It’s not correct but makes them feel better.

Well that’s my two cents anyway

Other End dates that have come and gone...

www.sullivan-county.com...

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Most of the 2012 theories actually do not predict the end of the world.

Most predict more of a mass enlightenment type scenario. (Which would be an end to our current mindset/world)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Who said the world was gonna end in 2012? The only people I've seen say that have done no research what so ever. So I guess explain to me where you got this idea the world is going to end in 2012 and I'll enlighten you on the subject..

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Once 2012 passes there will be a new date set. People have always thought the world was going to end in their lifetime.

Someone above said society is believed to have begun near 2,000BC ... cmon man get your facts straight, the earliest known records, well recorded history is 5-6,000 BC with the sumerians.

And well before that there was the cave paintings.

There is 0 proof something wil happen, and 0 proof nothing will happen. Much like next friday, theres no proof the world will end, but there is also no proof that says it will not.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

All I can do is lol.

Ignore it all you want. We ARE headed towards "something". I'm not gonna bother trying to convince you, it would be pointless. We'll just have to wait and see now won't we..

Edit: Hmm, I only edited my post to be more nice because of your Aesop Rock quote

[edit on 4-9-2009 by -NewSense-]

[edit on 4-9-2009 by -NewSense-]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
2012 will be the START of the end. Not the actual end. IMO
Once the right wing takes over again, we can look forward
to plenty more wars. This time they will probably be nuclear.
You all laugh and roll your eyes, but I suggest reading some history.
(and a newspaper)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
2012 will be the START of the end. Not the actual end. IMO
Once the right wing takes over again, we can look forward
to plenty more wars. This time they will probably be nuclear.
You all laugh and roll your eyes, but I suggest reading some history.
(and a newspaper)

You can say that any date is the start!! in fact the year zero was the start hehe

I'm not saying that the world is not going to experience Change/Enlightenment/War or whatever in the future... im saying that we have no way of knowing the date. I had the same argument with people about 2006... What happened? Nothing... and what did the people who believed something was gonna happen do? They moved on to 2012
LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

True.
There is always 2029 if this dont work out right?

Hopefully it is just another date in time. Like 9/11 was.
Just another date.

Sorry I guess I was asleep in 2006.
I didnt hear about anything in that year.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

2 + 0 + 2 + 9 = 13

I think you're on to something! Time to reserve my 2029.com website.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

haha i said, many people think, that society began to emerge around 2000 BC, and that is when the more modern civilizations started to come around.

but thats besides the point, even if we go back to early Sumerians and 6000 BC.
the pyramids in Egypt and in various spots across the world have been dated to well over 9000 BC. that leaves the original question,

who the # built the pyramids and why? it may seem like trivia question. but if we actually knew who built the pyramids it would answer many questions of the unknown ancient world.

and if you think the Egyptians built them , haha, yeap ok

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
oh... add 09/09/09 to the list of silly End of the World dates that have come and gone.

It’s sad because i feel that there are lots of Conspiracy Theorist who are simply seeking the truth... There are also lots that are just plain fantasists

Unfortunately its the fantasists who discredit the real seekers of truth.

Some links...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Muckster]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Once Dec. 21, 2012 comes around nothing will happen that is just the end of the mayan calander due to the winter solstice. However I do believe from all the reading and research that I've done, certain events will unfold that's a given.
Eventually this will lead into the awakening of a higher conscienousness for us. In Drunvalo Melchizedek video he talks about a window from the time of 2007-2015. Were as 2007 marks the beginning of their prophecy as modern mayans observed a comet that burst into a big blue sphere about the size of the sun. That event was a clear indication that we were indeed in a time where chaos and destruction will soon follow. It also means that we are in the ascension stage as a mark of a new golden age.

Now clearly I don't know what will really happen because I can't travel through time. But from watching that video one of the question is do we have to die in order to ascend? The answer was no. But then he talks about the 2012 movie and he says; that movie shows the cataclysmic events and doesn't really focus on the spiritual aspect of 2012.

Does that mean catastrophies will happen on 2012?

Only time will tell...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think the strongest most solid evidence for the 2012 disaster is the fact that the earth will cross the "equator" of the galaxy on Dec 21, 2012.
That's what's gotten everyone so concerned.

The truth is... making predictions is hard. There are so many possible futures out there and if you have any hunches, feelings, or (like me) are firmly convinced the end is coming... that is all you will see.
Predicting five minutes from now... easy. Predicting what will happen in 2012? Nigh to impossible. No one that lives on earth could possibly be detached enough to see clearly.

I believe that the chances will go up for global disaster. I think that something will change the world on that day. It might be like the "world ending" in 1900.
We entered a new time with new ideas and new technology. If anyone from the year 1900 passed through time to now they wouldn't recognize anything hardly. And yes, ancient civies did predict the end of the world in 1900.

Let's hope for that kind of world ending.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think like many doomsday prophecies, when bad things happen in 2012 people will claim that the prophecy is true. My knowledge of the 2012 prophecy is minimal at best, but I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that disasters will happen in 2012 just as they do every other year.

I am willing to bet than when these disasters do happen and 2013 rolls around, those that still cling to the 2012 prophecy will claim the disasters that occurred in 2012 were the beginning of the end. For example, if there is another skirmish in the Middle East the 2012'ers will say that this conflict marks the end of the world as we know it, as opposed to every other skirmish that has plagued the region with some regularity for the past few millenia.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bommer09
Most of the 2012 theories actually do not predict the end of the world.

Most predict more of a mass enlightenment type scenario. (Which would be an end to our current mindset/world)

This is true, the many theories of 2012 do not predict the end of the world, just the end of the world as we know it. Humanity has always seen things from a strictly humanistic point of view, and for good reason, we are human. We see everything from a very from a very limited perspective, and unless one has had extraterrestrial experience, this is all we ever see. The truth is there is a great big universe out there, a universe with many worlds, many dimensions and many races of many people, some who happen to look a lot like we do. Earth has a sister planet, and many of you came from there, and even visit there in your dreams. There are many from the Orion, Arcturus, Lyra, Pleaidies, and Sirius Systems here too, in human form. The coming Event is not to be missed. We all have front row seats.
Isn't it a grand time to be alive?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join