It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash Forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just saw this on C5 in the UK. A new programme from the makers of LOST, about the entire world just suddenly blacking out and then (either seeing or going to) April 29 2010 and knowing the world is going to end. References to "We cant stop THEM" whatever that means, Alien Invasion, World Coup?, NWO, who knows.
Maybe the Series is about mind control and sound wave technology.

Whatever it is the trailer was quite intresting, I just hope its not another suck-fest like most of the LOST-esque series/movies have become.

EDIT..Trailer here

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3/9/09 by ROBL240]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This isn't coming out in Canada for another month or so, but I read the book it is based on and I liked it, so I will be giving this show a try. Apparently the show is only loosely based on the novel, though; for instance "we can't stop THEM" means nothing to me, because there wasn't really a 'them' in the novel that this could be referring to.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You can watch the first episode on Hulu, I thought the show was pretty good. General FYI I'm not sure if Hulu still blocks foreign (non US) countries.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by antithesis.]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Its on In Australia right now
so far ..... Awesome

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I've watched the first episode and have to say it's grabbed my interest and very much looking forward to the next instalment.

Obviously with only one episode under my belt I can only speculate on who the "Them" might be but do not wish to spoil until it has aired tonight in the UK.

The visual effects are excellent given the TV format.

The only thing that disappointed me about the first episode is that it wasn't a feature length pilot.

Regarding "Lost" I have enjoyed all seasons especially the last which has involved so much of the time travel aspect, given there is only one more season to go I do tend to think that it is going to have that rushed feel about it given they have so many branches of the story still to explain.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Koka]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antithesis.

Hulu blocks Canada. I don't know about anywhere else.

I taped the first episode, but I haven't watched it yet.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Watching the first episode now, so far engaging characters, good story and interesting mystery. I'm looking forward to this series already.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

Yes have seen the first 2 episode here. It will be interesting to see what model they go with, either " the future is set " or " the multiverse " theory in which any number of potential futures could come through. So far seems like the latter. Lets see how well the writers deal with possible paradoxes that could arise if they choose the former.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

Yes have seen the first 2 episode here. It will be interesting to see what model they go with, either " the future is set " or " the multiverse " theory in which any number of potential futures could come through. So far seems like the latter. Lets see how well the writers deal with possible paradoxes that could arise if they choose the former.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I watched the first two episodes, too, and I was quite impressed. There isn't much resemblance to the book so far, other than the concept of the 'flash forward'. It even seems to have been caused in a different way (in the book, it was an unintended consequence of an experiment at CERN in chapter 1 :p) but in the show it appears to have been deliberately caused by... persons unknown. Agent Noh's situation does bear a strong resemblance to the character Theo from the book, though, so I think that he'll end up doing a lot of the stuff he did.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Loved the book. In fact Robert J. Sawyer has several really good "What if" Sci fi books.

I have enjoyed the first two episodes. My fear is that it will drag on and on and on....I liked Lost, I liked Heroes...but after a couple of seasons I need a conclusion.

Still, enjoying it so far.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
ongoing discussion on this show can be found here:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

bigtime consideration before reading:

the show airs on Thursdays in the states and this thursday is week three so be forewarned, spoilers might be in the mix.

top topics

join