It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting from the future, why not do it the other way around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Lately there are a lot of people coming out on the internet saying they are posting from the future.

So it got me thinking, cant we do it the other way around?

Why not create some database or forum in which threads would not expire? If you post there, then shouldnt people in the future see it?

I mean, if it lives on some years?

Hard to describe what im thinking because English is not my first language.

But about this internet thing. On this very moment i can go visit a forum in which i posted 2 years ago. When i look trough the archives i can find my postings that i made in lets say 2007. So me, in another timeline in which it is the year 2011, should be able to see this thread now in his timeline if he goes trough the archive.

I can not even grasp this time thing.

It can be done with anything i guess.

How old do tree's become? If i carve my name in a tree, people from the near future would see it, wont they?

Lets for example take two time-lines. Someone in lets say 2011 is standing next to a tree, and i, here in 2009 are carving my name into that tree, would the guy in the 2011 timeline not see it appear out of thin air?

This is only possible if time is an illusion of course and does not exist. If time really DOES exist then our future is made up for us and you cant do anything about your own personal future.

Or uhm, if i decide to carve my name in a tree next week, in the other timeline in which it is the year 2011 my name would already be seen in that tree by the people in that year who walk past by it. But how could this be if i in my timeline have not even decided to carve it in yet? Does this prove everything is already decided for us? That our future is already taken care of without us able to change it?

Damn this goes beyond my understanding.

I just dont get the whole meaning of time anymore.

So lets say we know some events that will occur in the year 2020. What if we post that now and make that thread sticky? Will not the people in another timeline in which it is 2019 be able to read it? Ooh, no, of course not, cause that means that we already know it in 2019 because we already knew it in 2009 too.

Very confused

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

Lets for example take two time-lines. Someone in lets say 2011 is standing next to a tree, and i, here in 2009 are carving my name into that tree, would the guy in the 2011 timeline not see it appear out of thin air?

Why...? If you carved it in 2009 then it would have been there 2 years before that guy came to stand next to the tree in question.

And why two time-lines? If any there would be an infinite amount of time-lines, one for each outcome of a given situation.
I don't see how one could affect a time-line running "next" to oneself without sidestepping over to it and back again.

Otherwise, look up the term "archive"... sorry, couldn't help myself
'

The future is made up as we go, since you have an infinite amount of possibilities now... now and now.

[edit on 3/9/09 by flice]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yes, but how could it be there in 2011 if in 2009 i have yet to decide if i will carve it in or not? Doesnt that make the future already decided FOR us instead of BY us?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What concerns me is the fate of ATS, I mean to say that with all of the supposed time travelers posting here and there, if ATS was to succeed into the future, then why would they not come here to post instead of some obscure forum?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think they best way to do something like that is..

Ask futureguy what is still a prominent place in his time (eg Statue Of Liberty, Eiffel tower, Big Ben).
Tell him to go to said place and look for something that you will do..

If he can get a pic of the site IDEAL.

Then do 2 things at said site and only tell futureguy of one BUT get the image to check to see if deed 2 was done..

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Or if your reading this from the future please PM me the Florida lottery numbers for this coming saturday. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

On this very moment i can go visit a forum in which i posted 2 years ago. When i look trough the archives i can find my postings that i made in lets say 2007. So me, in another timeline in which it is the year 2011, should be able to see this thread now in his timeline if he goes trough the archive.

Huh? So anyone with past postings could claim that they were posted in an alternative past timeline. This doesn't make sense to me, at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Im sorry, english is not my main language so its hard sometimes to really explain what i mean i think.

You, can visit a forum you always post on, and then you can find postings from yourself that you made 2 years ago.

So, the you who already lives life in 2011 should be able to see what you have posted today. If time really is an illusion i guess. If time is not an illusion then there would be no seperate timelines.

And if you still dont get what i mean than im sorry, i dont understand any damn thing about time anymore myself

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Noone from the future has posted here.

If anyone from the future wants to make a claim, there's a very simple process for getting approval.

Simply post the next weeks news paper headlines for multiple major papers across the country. Then we will listen to any insanity you wanna spew.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A future event will not appear out of "thin air". What will happen is rather simple, if you carve something into a tree it obviously will be there in the future already, as in the future it will have been carved in the past. If you decide not to carve it, it will never appear.

-Maggador

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If I was a time traveller, then I'm damn sure I wouldn't waste my time posting about it on a website.

new topics

top topics

join