It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twist in a Short Story Writing Contest [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Awww, not good. Post it nonetheless, it might give me ideas

And no.

KJ

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by suicide__x

Oh, I'll post it alright. I LOVE horror stories and lay awake nights trying to imagine what's under the bed. I even (brave as all get out) dangle my fingers down underneath the mattress where it's dark.

I even leave the closet door open.

sp

[edit on 7/10/09 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Jeez, talk about brave!!!

The furthest I go is allowing my boyfriend to lie next to me!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Can I put it on record that I started my Hallowe'en story a few days ago and those were already elements of it before I read your post?

Seriously, I can't sleep with a cupboard door open and I've had nasty things happening to my hand if I've been stupid enough to leave it outside of the covers.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
cant I just resubmit mine as my halloween story....SIGH~

Ok Ill try anohther
TRUE HORROR
...It was a dark and gloomy night, I reached under my covers in bed and found the lead singer from Poison

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adabba156aa1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My dumb azz just found out where to even look for the winners.
:

[edit on 8-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Wait!! I love this type of challenges!!

Its current Oct 8, is there by some chance you'll host another one?

I write and create illustrations as a hobby but creating radical plot twists is my favorite part of making one!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
I write and create illustrations as a hobby but creating radical plot twists is my favorite part of making one!

If there is anything that puts the spice in a horror story, it a shocking surprise. I can't think of one movie where electric, white knuckle suspense isn't part and parcel of making the audience hide behind their hands.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey.

Any news on the results?

I'm impatient to find out about the next contest!

KJ

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Will the results be posted tomorrow? Or are they already up somewhere else? From the TTSSC contest?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Note: 4 of the 5 judges have made their choices and, once again, it's clear who the 1rst and 2nd place winners are going to be. The 3rd place is going to have to wait until the last judge U2U's me and I'll be giving that member until tomorrow night (Thursday) to get back to me. If not, 3rd place will need to be agreed upon by the other 4 panelists. That means the winners will be announced on Friday and that the Hallowe'en Contest will hopefully begin sometime over the weekend.

You may have missed that one desertdreamer. I think it is one page back. I figured I would put it here for you.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thanks Jackflap...yes I missed it....I was at work and checking it quickly so I did not browse. So tomorrow it is! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

And the winners are...

Congratulations!

Thank you all for your entries and be sure to watch for the Crypt Critters Halloween Contest.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Congratulations everybody! I read all the submissions with much pleasure and they were all really fantastic! Great work done by every one, and again, my congrats to all winners, and again for contributing to such a great contest.

Wasn't it awesome?

liw

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Congrats JACKFLAP! Well deserved

Thanks to ya'll for judging and Masqua for hosting

Super fun! All the stories were ace!
I am incredibly shocked at getting anything...lol!!! TY

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Congratulation jackflap, zazzafrazz, and Flatwoods. Those were some great stories to read.

I loved reading everyone's stories and I can't wait to get started on the Halloween challenge.

Oh, and I am tickled that I got an honorable mention! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Congratulations to all the winners.
Kudos to all those who participated.
Some great stuff out there.
Yayyyy.....
Onto the next round.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Man oh man, thank you so much for considering my story to be the first place winner again. I seriously have never written a story before I came to this site. I have won three in a row now and I am flabbergasted!

I want to congratulate everyone who entered a story. It takes some nerve because you are kind of putting a piece of yourself out there. I know that is how I feel anyway. I must say from the first story I ever put on here I was only encouraged by all the members.

So you guys have created this monster that dwells in my head now. It must be the material I am reading here or something. Whatever it is thank you again. I am truly humbled because I read all the stories and I thought they were all great!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
Onto the next round.

The next round has already begun.

Let your fingers fly and meld with your mind as you tear the mundane apart with tales of horror.

Green slime is going to be all over the place.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Congrats guys, and gals! That was aesome fun! Jack, my friend.....I KNEW you were gonna nail it, man! Super job all you folks.
Those were some great stores.

Ok, you guys are goin' DOWN on this next one.

hehe.

Uh, I haven't seen my coupon for the free ice cream yet..

There WAS supposed to be ice cream, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join