It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twist in a Short Story Writing Contest [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Okay, my "twisted" submission is in. It's titled The Crescent Moon Killer. Good luck to all who participate.

But I hope I win.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Flatwoods]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Im a bit nervous, as I haven't submitted anything before, and Im a spazzy zazzy at writing, but what the hey...all good fun
count me in.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Glad to see you join in zazzafrazz! Who cares about all that stuff your worrying about? Nobody here is a literary genius. We are gald to see you ready to offer a story with a twist! Do not feel funny. You will do great.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ok, my submission is up and its very twisty...

Please check it out Lisa (TTSSC)

Thank you.

JQ.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have a couple of older pieces that fall into this category. I won't be posting them for the comp. but hopefully you guys will enjoy them:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nothing in the rules about mods not being able to join in. The contest will be judged by a panel of writers who are NOT staff.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

That is great, I believe it would be cool if you guys show support for the contest by entering a story! This is actually great news. No excuses guys, get them gears churning. If you have the time of course. I would love to see what kind of twists are hiding up your sleeves.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I have one of these, too... Can I use it to enter this contest?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I believe as long as the title has the (TTSSC) in it, it will be entered. You may have to get a mod to change the title to contain it, I'm not sure.

Or you could just create a new thread in the short story forum, then copy and paste your old one into the body and then add the new title to contain (TTSSC). I hope that helps.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Posted mine....The Ride (TTSSC)...thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Could you please add The Ride (continued) to the first part of the story? That way it will become one thread instead of two and easier for the judges to read.

thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I added a link to the bottom of the first part, for easy access to the second part. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The link is helpful, but the story remains in two seperate threads. I can add the second to the first myself if you like.

Never mind... I added the second thread to the first.

[edit on 15/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Sorry about that, guess I was misunderstanding you.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It's no problem, desertdreamer. I didn't want your story to lose it's impact by being two seperate threads.

I notice you've a healthy discussion still going in the second part.

grammar edit

[edit on 15/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The first day of fall...

The contest is in its final couple of weeks, so, if you're holding out to the end, now's the time to polish that story and get it ready for submitting.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here is my submission called [TTSSC] Things to Come. Hope you guys like it!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Cool. Who will the panel be made up of? Sounds interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm bumping this to my list...because I have an idea....but no writer status.

"Catch 22"?

Surely I am missing the obvious.....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The panel is made up of 5 members with myself acting as their facilitator. It is this panel of members who will choose their favourite 3 stories and send them to me.

When all 5 send their picks to me, I'll be sending the totals back to the panel until agreement is reached and the three finalists picked. Usually takes a few days of U2U's, but, in my experience, is the best and fairest way to work things out.

As to who, only I know all 5 judges. None know who the others are and will never know. In this way, their initial choices are theirs alone without any prompting from the others (or myself).

The judges are all volunteers who U2U in response to a request normally found within the Opening post of a contest. Once enough volunteers come forward, the request is removed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join