It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says explosives used on 9/11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Play it a few times to understand the context. Bush is referencing the information that was obtained through the terrorist interrogations.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

its out of context would be good to hear the entire video

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Would it be possible to get a transcript of this entire speech? I feel like this has been cherry picked from a speech to further someones agenda, it's possible he could be talking about anything in this clip. I'm not saying there WEREN'T explosives used because I don't know, it's just this clip doesn't prove anything.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I won't even watch the video.
Bush is a one-man gaffe machine.

He could tell us that he sharts purple rainbows and has a solid gold robotic arm and most people would say... well, they wouldn't say anything because for the most part, people just don't care what he has to say.
Bush was ineffectual as a President in any honorable sense and is less than ineffectual now that he is gone.

Wake me up when he states clearly that the Government helped orchestrate a military attack on the WTC complex and Pentagon.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I won't even watch the video.
Bush is a one-man gaffe machine.

He could tell us that he sharts purple rainbows and has a solid gold robotic arm and most people would say... well, they wouldn't say anything because for the most part, people just don't care what he has to say.
Bush was ineffectual as a President in any honorable sense and is less than ineffectual now that he is gone.

Wake me up when he states clearly that the Government helped orchestrate a military attack on the WTC complex and Pentagon.

FOR a guy who hates the govment you sure seem to walk the line in this case...

Big difference from the guy on here last night

?????????

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've found the full transcript.

web.archive.org...://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/09/20060915-2.html

You can't see the official White House transcript on whitehouse.gov anymore, I had to use archive.org to take us back to 2006 when it was posted there. click on the link for the full transcript but there's the relevant part:

The bill I have proposed will ensure that suspected terrorists will receive full and fair trials, without revealing to them our nation's sensitive intelligence secrets. As soon as Congress acts on this bill, the man our intelligence agencies believe helped orchestrate the 9/11 attacks can face justice.

The bill would also provide clear rules for our personnel involved in detaining and questioning captured terrorists. The information that the Central Intelligence Agency has obtained by questioning men like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has provided valuable information and has helped disrupt terrorist plots, including strikes within the United States.

For example, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed described the design of planned attacks of buildings inside the U.S. and how operatives were directed to carry them out. That is valuable information for those of us who have the responsibility to protect the American people. He told us the operatives had been instructed to ensure that the explosives went off at a high -- a point that was high enough to prevent people trapped above from escaping.

He gave us information that helped uncover al Qaeda cells' efforts to obtain biological weapons. We've also learned information from the CIA program that has helped stop other plots, including attacks on the U.S. Marine base in East Africa, or American consulate in Pakistan, or Britain's Heathrow Airport. This program has been one of the most vital tools in our efforts to protect this country. It's been invaluable to our country, and it's invaluable to our allies.

He's not talking about 9/11 in the video clip.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

I'm not walking the line.
I know the Government was involved.
I just also understand that this is most likely a slip up.
Call it a freudian slip, or what have you. (kinda like how rumsfeld admitted there was a missile that struck the pentagon.)

Quite honestly, I don't give a damn what they say.
I know they were involved and I don't need to see what is, at best a freudian slip, at worst an out of context remark to know it.

I'm still the same guy as last night.

And Bush is still irrelevant.
If he had given unequivocal proof that the Government was behind it, his wife and children and pets and anyone else near him would be dead.
And his father would have signed off on it.

Edit to add - I just read the transcript posted directly below your post.
Yep, sounds like a freudian slip to me.
Can't tell a very good lie.

Probably because he can't articulate much of anything without f#ing up.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

I hate having to defend Bush like that as I am not a Bush fan, but making biased irrelevant judgements kills any credibility "the truth movement" might have.

Isn't that a large portortion of what they do though?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez
I've found the full transcript.

web.archive.org...://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/09/20060915-2.html

The bill I have proposed will ensure that suspected terrorists will receive full and fair trials, without revealing to them our nation's sensitive intelligence secrets. As soon as Congress acts on this bill, the man our intelligence agencies believe helped orchestrate the 9/11 attacks can face justice.

The bill would also provide clear rules for our personnel involved in detaining and questioning captured terrorists. The information that the Central Intelligence Agency has obtained by questioning men like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has provided valuable information and has helped disrupt terrorist plots, including strikes within the United States.

For example, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed described the design of planned attacks of buildings inside the U.S. and how operatives were directed to carry them out. That is valuable information for those of us who have the responsibility to protect the American people. He told us the operatives had been instructed to ensure that the explosives went off at a high -- a point that was high enough to prevent people trapped above from escaping.

Good work!

There is enough to be alarmed from the current President of the US.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If GWB went to every retarded sceptics house and admitted he did it personaly to each of your faces they wouldnt believe it.I am soooooo sick of theses idiot sceptics ,dis-info agents mentally challenged "things" always piping up their "fair and balanced " point of view.1.Aliens exist2.911/inside job,period and if you cant see that then i feel very sorry for you to think they dont.The idiot sceptics spend all their time discrediting other peoples hard work and they contribute nothing but negativity.I am done with you monkeys i hope you have a nice life in negative land.There really is no reason to argue with these "things" of human garbage i am sorry the real world scares you and you can not believe these things happen but that does not make them any less true..just common sense, but that is an uncommon thing in most common people nowadays so you keep on fighting the truth and arguing with others over your own inabaility to cope with the truth.It really doesnt matter you are only slowing your own development as a human being but no skin off my nose.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

SKEPTICS, with a K (I learned this the hard way also) are necessary in order to advance balance in thought in all regards.

You know what makes me sick?
People that don't understand the above.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Thanks for the insult!

No, I'm not wrong.
Maybe you should look up the word skeptical in the dictionary.
I think you are pissed at the prospect of people with an agenda, not a skeptic.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You really think that is what he meant to say? It was probably something to do with america's safety but Bush being Bush he said something about explosives. It is really unclear what he said.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
15 flags for an excerpt of a speech with no context? Amazing

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You're going to take what Bush says literal?

Also, it'd help if we saw the whole video...and not just a snippet...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i think he meant to say explosions........we are talking about bush here, he slips us and messes words up all the time..... i dont this is proof of anything other than this mans incompetence.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Right.. because the super-super-SUPER secret operation that was 9/11 would have crucial bits dropped out of the Presidents mouth. Sure. I'll buy that. Not.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
He's not even talking about 9/11.

He's talking about some plan a terrorist had for a future attack.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Whatever hit the Pentagon wasn't what they said it was. They had so many cameras, they would have burned the image of that plane hitting the Pentagon into our retinas if they had it.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by muggl3z]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join