It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help regarding default internet mail Windows.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Since I got my new laptop I have windows vista and previous XP home. I never used the default program and used yahoo and MSN and a couple others. I find when using craigs and a few others I can't sent a message off there site and I have worked with the default windows program several times to figure it out with no luck. I just don't get it......guess my brain is a few cells short of the task. It flash's a screen real quick when I try to used craigs mail and doesn't hold them...it only opens them when I open the default windows mail program and then sez....we don't recognise these services. Well Msn is theres..it's older and one I've had for years as is the yahoo mailbox...so? Help!!!

You guys offer so much support and courtesy I know you can help me...this is a high end lap and it's rather decent to say the least. What the heck?

I am not used to being frustrated by a OS! I'm older but on top of alot......HELP!

Thanks much,

E

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Okay this is easy to do in vista...
first click the start button, the blue circle with the windows flag bottom left corner...
When you get the fly-out look right under the Control Panel tab for one that says "Default Programs"! click on that

The first selection that reads "Set your Default Programs" is the one you want...

Now in my list Yahoo mail client is at the bottom of the list, (If you don't have it on yours you'll need to go to Yahoo and download it) Click on the Yahoo from the list and in the right panel you'll get a Set as default.. click that and your done..

join