It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Hazing at U.S. Embassy in Kabul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Shocking Hazing at U.S. Embassy in Kabul

www.cbsnews.com

In numerous e-mails, the guards describe a crisis in discipline and morale, understaffing, sleep deprivation, "threats and intimidation." One guard refers to a group of guards and supervisors from the security contractor ArmorGroup as "sexual predators, deviants running rampant."

Guards provided dozens of graphic photos and videos depicting shocking scenes of hazing and humiliation by superiors, most of them too lewd to show. The guards recount a climate of fear and coercion where those who refuse to participate are retaliated against, even fired.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of the behaviour of american soldiers and contractors abroad.
Seriously, they represent their country. Many people over there see the USA through military personel. This only fuels hatred and doesnt help achieving the bigger goal.
Check out the pictures and video, it is a disgrace.
When will this change?

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What ever happened to honor and dignity?

We used to be an example of the best.

What a disgrace.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I just watched some of this footage on ABC and came straight here to see who else saw it.

This is the most sickening display of debauchery I have every seen.

What a disgusting mess we are.

I am ashamed.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Ok, I'm confused, since when does a few images of naked guys (smiling, drinking naked guys) constitute abuse and hazing?

This looks like a party, and they look like they're having a lot of fun.

Yes, by all means the story has credit and should be investigated further if it is factually correct. But I fail to see why pictures of a party are described in such a way, is it just prudish attitudes that state this "must be abuse" if a guy gets his wang out at a party?
If that's the case, shut down the frat houses and license all partying, because this happens all over the world at parties where guys get drunk

Edited to add...

Just watched the footage too, and this is not particularly shocking. Seriously, are you people really so prudish?

As private security contractors they are paid to be there, they are not forced to be there. If they are having such a tough time, they can leave.

I have no doubt that security is considered weak, and moral low. They are private security working in a war zone. They are working under weak oversight by a private company designed to make profit.
This isn't the military, where they are obliged to do a job and the funding comes from government, they are working for a private company who will restrict the support they can give their staff in order to guarantee a profit margin.

Having said that, the comments of "debauchery" and so on seem to have been written from a very prudish point of view. And this will happen when you have people from various nations with different moral codes working so closely together.

CBS are connecting the dots and making these images into more than they are, simply because the "photographic evidence" presented in previous stories caused so much furore and anger (and rightly so as it was against unwilling prisoners).

This is guys having fun in difficult circumstances. CBS are blowing it out of proportion to create a story, based on a likely completely unconnected complaint or two from others who find naked guys offensive and this kind of fun immoral.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by detachedindividual]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Put people in hell and they will tend to become demons. And those that were already demons will be atracted to the environment anyway.

Why is anyone surprised this happens? Isn't history clear about the consequences of war on the mind of men, and on the psychopathic nature of those that procure it?

War never was noble, although always sought after by self described noblemen, this is what it leads to, dehumanization.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

Yeah, they really look like they're having a terrible time in those images

I still don't get it, am I missing something?

We have a couple of very vague reports about actions and complaints, and then a couple of accompanying images of guys getting drunk and partying.

The connection is imaginary, and you are believing it without actually questioning?

No wonder American media has your country be the balls, you guys will swallow anything without actually considering the facts.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Ummm.... so where are the hazing photos? Are we sure that this isn't some frat party? Doesn't hazing involved something that a person doesn't want to do? These guys look like that they are having a good time. Granted I think it is tasteless and rude but I still don't see any hazing going on.

Of course MSM will run with anything that makes Americans look bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Star for the post.

There doing a lot worse there than in these photos!BTW it looks like on of the blured naked men(not the bald redneck one)is taking a leak no handed while partying hard.Should put pampers on him for next time

Some weird people out there,I know some med school people who lubed up a golf club and inserted it(handle 1st!) into a passed out drunken room mates rectum(damm near did!lol)I wouldnt dream of doing that,or my mates-shaved eyebrows is game but that about it

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Perhaps you're even right about the case in point, maybe it was just lewd partying, however by now it's no secret to anyone that the USA, either officially through the armed forces or via proxies like Blackwater, has done a lot of very bad things in these two wartheaters, and let's not forget that these wars were started under completed false pretenses against an enemy that was funded if not created by the CIA and other agencies, all of which probably lead up to zionist banking interests, zionism here not being the jewish race but a secular political movement which predates around the idea and geography of isreal and which is funded out of the city of london, which leads up to elitist interests and old money families, like the Rothschilds and older, possibly with envolvement by the catholic church and other organised religions which at some point tie into the psychopaths network. And I typed all this in one breath!

So my point stands, in general principle. The content of the paragraph above, the big picture conspiracy theory, although I would rather call it contemporary history, is what you're missing and is the genesis of so many whistleblowing threads. Sure, some will miss the mark, but where there is smoke there usually is fire. And the middle east is in flames, as you well know.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Erms okay, if they were forced into taken part, why are they all smiling in the so called graphial images?

Just looks like they are letting of some steam. Maybe some out there are being too prudish, or too snotty, to let thier hair down once in a while.

As far as I an depict fromthe images, no one is beind forced into doing something they do not want to participate in.

Good lord, I just looked at the Video footage, what is wrong with it?

Allit shows is some dude licking alcohol from some dudes butt!!
is that is your sort of thing go for it. Nothing shocking about it, No once seems to be forced in taken part either. Most of them are laughing, so erms where is the footage of those so called being forced??????????

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yeah well, contractors or not, these guys are still former military.

This was on the front page of the stars and stripes today; doesn't display our country well at all. But everyone know military guys like to party, its a hard life.

But, the part I find most disturbing is....why party nearly naked with no women around?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
This isn't the military, where they are obliged to do a job and the funding comes from government, they are working for a private company who will restrict the support they can give their staff in order to guarantee a profit margin.

The US govt is a cash cow for these companies. Privatization means that US TAXDOLLARS pays for the contract. These guys receive govt money just like the soldier, only the money is a bunch more, way more.

It is just like when I drive on a road that a state/local govt has given a contract to a private road crew to do road work. It's still tax dollars, govt money, paying for the work. Hmmmm, at least the crews on the road don't party like this...I hope. I dunno, maybe they do, 'cause I've driven on some roads where the work was pretty bad. Of course, the road crews are not GUARDING EMBASSIES! Sigh...I can remember the days, not so long ago, when Marines guarded embassies.

The only reason the US govt has gotten away with their wars in the ME is due to buying the services of contractors, so as to be able to tell the American people that the wars will involve so few soldiers. War and American imperialism needing less blood of the American soldier. It's truly amazing what money can buy.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Star and flagged

This story needs to be out there.....

also here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Having said that, the comments of "debauchery" and so on seem to have been written from a very prudish point of view....

They were drinking shots out of each other's butt cheeks...

Debauchery is an apporopriate word and you need not be a prude to use it - not in this case.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I was talking with my future brother in law otehr day, about the military an hazing..and well, here is his answer. His older borther was in the military, nay i belive, late90's. They had him swim through coolant on an aircraft carrier, and use a straw, to blow dirt out of jet tires, and th chord that catches them when they land.
I had askd him isnt that effin crazy? he said yeah, thatsd the thing..when you sign up for the military, thats what they dont tell you. and, to top it off. jsut about everyone who runs the show thier, seargeatns, leutanents, have all gone through being hazed..so if yuo didnt want to be,,they may see it as , well they had go through it, now you have too.
It is sick..i always used to think, that when joining the military, it was becasue you were patriotic! wanted to learn a new skill that oculd help you with a job/education as well. They never ever metnion hazing...
my father joined the marines in 1967., to avoid the draft. HE did 2 years or someitng like that, never went to vietnam. He used to tell me about this one guy, who was an idiot, and the seargeant would hold the others responsable for his actions! so! one day, they gatehred around him in the shower, and gave him a brillo pad, or SOS pad shower..and that pretty much starightened him out. Kinda like form full metal jacket, when they gathered around gomer pyle, and beat his stomach with bars of soap wrapped in a towel.
Ide never wanna join any level of military if i knew hazing was going on. look at the kid who killed himself earlier this week? apparently, the leaders their chose to neglect him. Even my future brother in law was saying..its not really encouraged to speak of it, or report it, b ecause you will be in alot of toruble then, and the hazing might get worse, rather, turn into a revenge knida thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What comes to mind... Rome!!!

Weird times we are living in...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
OK, after watching this I am really disturbed. Not so much by alegations of hazing or debauchery, but rather disturbed at trying to figure out exactly what in the blue hell was taking place. I did a lot of partying in my younger years and never, I repeat NEVER, did any of them turn into a huge sausage fest with only male partiers standing around with their schlongs out. I re-repeat NEVER did this happen. They seriously need to add "Don't show and don't act" to don't ask, don't tell because the dudes in these pictures are certainly showing and acting like they should be removed from duty.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
~snip~
I did a lot of partying in my younger years and never, I repeat NEVER, did any of them turn into a huge sausage fest with only male partiers standing around with their schlongs out.
~snip~

Kinda what I was thinking when I first saw the pictures on the news last night.
The world must have changed BIG TIME since we were party-goers.
I just don't understand this kind of partying I guess.
Once the johnsons started coming out, I'd have had to excuse myself from the evenings activities, no doubt.

Blowing off steam is one thing, but this? Ewwww!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

And you never done this before, you got over your party scene?

Or I bet you have done far worse, for goodness sake, are they not allowed to have fun? I would understand the point if they were forcing employees to participate at gunpoint! This I have not seen, so what is the problem

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join