It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Cent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Okay, back on topic:

Its intresting to note that 50 hates Jay-Z (who considers himself the god of rap, ex: J Hova, God MC) and Nas (God's Son). On of his lyrics on a song is: "Gotta be going to heaven for going through hell/ gotta be goin to heaven/ gotta be goin to heaven.

And the lyrics help accentuate the beat, the words are a part of the beat. Rap is just as socially degrading as Rock (by rock I do not mean elvis or the beatles), KoRn's lyrics are just as explicit as Eminem's. Same for any other metal band (don't even talk to me about POD). And rap has grown smoother since it began, in the begining it was stacato, harsh, hard to listen to. But now it is much smoother. But hey, you're not going to listen to me anyway.

xaos

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
xaosx defending Rap is going to be a loosing battle for yourself.

Please find where in ANYOTHER form of music, the chours goes "It's getting hot in here, so take of all your clothes".

Rap is as destructive as it is retarded.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
ELVIS PRESTLEY was accused in 50's to destroy youth minds and makes women hysterical about his sexual appeal...
HELL VICE ?! HELL NO...

No I joke... But in rap music, it's the same than in other musics ! There are peoples who have intelligent and conciousness lyrics and BS.

I just regret that hip-hop degenerate with sucess...
It's not music and social lirycs like AAfrika BAMBATTA, KRS1 and GANSTARR.

It's only BIG CARS, BIG BUTTS and BIG DOLLARS.

Now, I prefer RAPCORE GROUPS like SAGE-FRANCIS, SENSER and in france SILMARILS...

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
...oh FFS people...its just music...if you think its going to negatively impact on people then perhaps you yourself need to grow a few more braincells and realise we are all ultimately responsible for our own choices and direction in life...

...if someone is retarded enough to listen to ANY singer (rap, country, rock, metal, hindi, opera) and then go do something that singer suggests or mentions, simply because they heard it in a song, then their 'brainlessness' has absolutely nothing to do with the particular genre of music they claim influenced them...rather its because THEY themselves are an idiot...

...thinking that the music IS the cause, and denouncing it, is probably not much better either...

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by alien]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Are people going to be raping little girls like Korn says, or doing anything else other music groups sing about? Linkin Park has hints of depression and suicide in their songs and yet they are very popular. The parents and Christians tend to latch on to a style of music and protest it. You dont see them outside of hardcore metal band concerts protesting them. Give me one example of youth violence linked to Rap, please. The kids who shot up their schools didn't listen to Eminem or NWA or Biggie. As alien said, its your own choice, by the way what music do you listen to FM?

XaOs

P.S. Hot in here sucks, period, I agree with you.

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by xaos]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Korn sings about their childhood, their letting their anger out. I do the same, except in TKD. Korn does it by singing. You have a problem with that?

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And rappers letting their anger out on the mic is not allowed? They are multi-million dollar celebrities, how much anger do they have, really? Seriously, what is with this hatred of rap? just accept it, it is no different than any other type of modern music. I'll bet you're the same type of person who wanted to ban britney spears for corrupting your little girls. I won't make fun of music that I don't like, like country or pop, and you just accept rap for what it is, okay.

XaSO

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
First, the kids who shot the schools up listened to heavy metal. Which to me also sucks since if they aren't screaming and yelling they talking about death in some way.

Rap, in the beggining was music. Today, it is like what Marylin Monroe called his way of music in an interview, shock for cash. You shock the masses and they want more, so they spend more. Most rap today is corrupting the children. Adults who say it corrupted them have no excuse to say this for they are adults, should know better. But the children don't know. Children calling their teaches ho's, b*tches, sluts, c*nts, telling their parents F you B*tch!(a ex freind said this to his mom, he listens to rap, three years before he never would have said this, but ever since he started listening to rap he went from a good freind to F this, F that, F you you stupid c*nt slut)

And I would rather listen to country for 24 hours than rap anytime, anywhere. After listening to country I might go after a cousin, buy a tractor, go for a beer run. After listening to rap, might F'in kill all you b*tches and c*nts after smoking a huge f*ing blunt rolling up in my caddie outside the god d@mn club and shoot all those f*ing faggots.(this is a toned down version, I had an earlier version, but thought it would be to much like rap)

And with 50 cent, I have listened to a cd of his. It had two so-so songs. The rest weren't worth two pickles and a beet.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think it's all a matter of personal opinion. I don't think rap or hip hop is bad, or makes people do bad things. I just think that people take it the wrong way.

People are depressed, they listen to music that makes them more depressed, they commit suicide.

It's a matter of opinion, country makes me depressed, ergo, I don't listen to it.

I'm a Heavy Metal fan. I don't do drugs, smoke, drink, or any of that. Some people have weaker minds than other people.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
...hell, I'm gonna say it, as it is merely an opinion: I suspect much of the major hatred towards Rap/Hip Hop and the like is NOT without its racist influences...apart from few Caucasian Rappers big on the scene (like Eminem), most high profile rappers tend to be of coloured hue...hmmmmm...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hip hop didn't orginally start out by girls shaking their body parts on their screens and talking about drugs and sex. i started with african roots and many like run dmc or the nwa talked about the discrimination and problems facing african americans.
now it is just crap (most of it anyways) it only talks about people and how many times they have been to jail and how many "joints" the smoke a day like if it is a real achievement. 50 cent is bad. he used to sell drugs (no one knows if he may do it now) and he says it openly. in his songs he talks about how many guns he has and how he can shoot u. 50 cent got shot 9 times!
wow what a great example for the children

AF1

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That's what makes America great. The fact that their are so many different varieties of music to listen to, and the fact that it isn't censored. I should be able to listen to what I want when I want. Not all rap is bad either. I personally don't listen to it, but every once in a while it's nice to change it up. Personally I prefer hip-hop over rap, like Eyedea or Aesop Rock, and I love to listen to freestyle artists when they battle each other.

Musical preference over all ranges from Dave Mathews to Tool. I listen to all the "hate" rock and it doesn't make me want to go out and kill people. It's great when you just want to work out or go for a run.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
xaos, I can accept rap for what it is, I just have a problem with what it is. I am not a racist. I believe that if these people could think of some better lyrics then I would listen to them. Don't tell me what I am and am not.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Inspectah, that was Alien, not xaos. Also, what does being racist have to do with not liking cussing to a beat, degrading women, killing to a beat, talking about how much drugs and hoes they do to a beat?????

Sorry Alien, hating offensive crap isn't rascism. it just means some people have morals that don't condone drugs and killing and cussing just to cuss.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I listen to any type of music xaosx, from Country to rock, Classical to yes even rap.

I have listened only to rap as a last resort, when nothing else is good on the radio, because I'll admitt it has good tunes SOMETIMES, I think though they should fix their lyrics, they need lyrics because unlike other music types, this type is one built around singing.

But they can sing about better things, like honor and morality, rather than blowing away children and suicide. And I disagree with anyone who talks about the same.

I hate Korn, and Marylin Manson or whatever.

Metallica, is by far my favorite, and I've never disagreed with any of their lyrics, while sometimes it talks of violence, it always talks of punishments as well. "Whiskey in the Jar" and unlike rap, many other music types have messages that you can derive from them.

Rap tells you to blow people's heads off, it isn't a plot device to get a hidden message across, it is a statement, that in their world you live by the gun and do drugs and women are crap.

It is that sever lack of intelligence in Rap, which is why I only listen to it when I'm desperate for a good beat.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
rap sucks

Take it from me, I still listen to rap but mainstream rap is horrible.

there's only a few rappers out there worth listening to in the hundreds of the weak rappers out here.

those worth honorable mention:

Nas, Common, Talib Kweli, The Last Emperor, etc.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
my post yeserday was idiotic, i was hasty. most of the mainstream rap isn't that great. every week it's new 'thug' outta nowwhere. i've only listened to some of the dudes who actually know what the game is about. bone thugs, tupac, snoop, nas. some of the older ones but still great. not all rap comes out sayin kill people screw chicks and sell drugs. eminem has never really grabbed my intrest. just a wigga if ya ask me. if you listen to some of the songs by bone thugs n harmony or nas or pac, you'll see much more deep lyrics with a lot more meaning than the rave crap like nelly and all those other bustas they got now. the real rap is the stuff where the story has a point and that's true with any music. the lyrics and beat go hand in hand but have to have meaning. a song with good beat like 50 cents wanksta, isn't good because of pointless lyrics. bone thugs song what about us and cleveland rocks, both show a message about theirselves that isn't going out and killing though drug use is something you'll have to accept. you can't and won't ever stop it. that doesn't mean encourage it though. some of their older songs like heated heavy and crept an we came may be talkin about murder but that's merely part of their lifestyle. just as in rock, they talk about things that are part of their lives. doesn't mean it's decent but it doesn't mean it's a command to the youth of the nation. most kids are smart enough to know whether to go pick up a glock and start blastin peoples eyes out. but is that different from someone who listens to country wanting to go farm something? i don't know much about country so i won't try to use it as an example. the music isn't going to go away, if you disagree with it fine. we may disagree with your music too. that doesn't make us evil or want to call our parents bitches and mofos. i say that regardless of other issues. mainly because my life hasn't been what i'd call bright. music is also a way of dealing with personal problems. you hear things and it relates to your own problems and it relaxes you. some times i get in arguements or in fights where i want to do some crazy shyt to people but instead i listen to other people doing that and the consequences, like the way they end up gettin shot and think, ' better them then me' and eventually forget it. i realize no problem is big enough to start destroying yourself with drugs or killing people so let it go. unfortunately not all people have that level of release and knowledge of the consequences.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Inspectah, that was Alien, not xaos. Also, what does being racist have to do with not liking cussing to a beat, degrading women, killing to a beat, talking about how much drugs and hoes they do to a beat?????

Sorry Alien, hating offensive crap isn't rascism. it just means some people have morals that don't condone drugs and killing and cussing just to cuss.

By all means hate the offensive crap...but why class the WHOLE genre as a vehicle of that offensive crap?? For it plainly isn't. Like most genres there are groups with different agendas that attempt to use that genre for positive purposes as well.

For instance, there are groups/artists such as Toby Mac, Gospel Gangstaz, DOJ (Disciplines of Jesus), Reckoning, Trini-T, 40 Pieces, Risen Son etc that utilise the genre to push a message of Christianity and love.

Other groups/artists like Deceptikonz, Rhombus, Che-Fu, Lean 420 etc that use the genre to push messages of peace, unity, understanding etc.

...people saying that Rap is without morals, or all negative, is plainly false...

..my saying that I suspect some of the rap-hate out there is not without a hint of racism may well be false as well...just from what I see its predominately Caucasians that seem to go off their nut at it...

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 18-2-2003 by alien]

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I really want to get some mos def CDs or Talib Kweli, I can't because noone ever has it on win mx and the only music store in my town never has them. I'm going to an american base soon, and I hope that at least they will have something.

I dont like alot of the new artists coming out now, but some are good.

Nelly

Murder Inc

ludacris, kinda

Snoop

em&d12

dre (a good producer but cant rap)

Nas

xAos

anyone who says that modern lyrics are violent and offensive should listen to NWA.
and James, Its Marilyn Manson, not monroe, and IT is horrible.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Oh, sorry. Of course, both suck. In fact one sucked a president!

But still, it is weird never heard of a kid who listened to Beach Boys going into a scholl and shooting it up. Or listened to Weird Al and shot a school up, or Arlo Gunthrie(Alice's Restaraunt), or 5 Man Electrical Band(Signs), or.................. No, always heavy metal. So I guess heavy metal is affects kids more than rap.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join