It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I see things... help?

page: 3
3
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice
 


That happens to. But after I'm very very relaxed. Sometimes I see wavelike patterns.




posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't see what you guys describe, but I figured since we're talking about visual anomalies, this would fit in here.

I can completely change my view of a scenery by focusing on a multi-shaped object -- like a tree with lots of leaves and shadowy spaces in between -- and letting my vision blur, like you do when viewing one of those "Magic Eye" books.

What happens is, the whole scenery first becomes blurry around the edges and then changes into a kind of surreal-looking scenery. The best way to describe it: when you take a digital photo and edit it on your computer, there's a visual effect in most photo programs called "oil painting." That's exactly what things look like when I do this. It normally doesn't just happen, though, I have to focus on it.

It's fun, though, and makes you feel like you live in a totally different reality than you thought you lived.


[edit on 13-9-2009 by sylvie]



posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
if it's really bothering you, see a doctor..



posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What you are seeing is either a function of the eye or the brain. First start with an opthalmologist (not an optometrist) and if he/she doesn't find anything with your eyes, you should see a neurologist to check brain function. Since you said you have been seeing these things for a long time and its nothing new, it most likely is not anything to worry about. But if it bothers you, you should seek help. These two doctors are the place to start. Hope this helps and best of luck.

I_R



posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi Sylvie,

this is very interesting because you just described what I do! It's amazing what you can see by doing that magic eye technique. For instance, one time I could see a path leading down between trees to a distant gate and beyond that stretched a beautiful looking meadow. I find the longer I maintain the percpetion of the scene, the more real it looks, until finally I think that maybe there is a gate down there that I hadn't noticed, and am unsure exactly what I'm gazing at that is helping form that scenery. Usually it turns out to be the foilage of a tree. Like you pointed out, the shadowy spaces between leaves, branches and trees help assist in forming these new scenes.

Cheers,

Aelf


Originally posted by sylvie
I don't see what you guys describe, but I figured since we're talking about visual anomalies, this would fit in here.

I can completely change my view of a scenery by focusing on a multi-shaped object -- like a tree with lots of leaves and shadowy spaces in between -- and letting my vision blur, like you do when viewing one of those "Magic Eye" books.

What happens is, the whole scenery first becomes blurry around the edges and then changes into a kind of surreal-looking scenery. The best way to describe it: when you take a digital photo and edit it on your computer, there's a visual effect in most photo programs called "oil painting." That's exactly what things look like when I do this. It normally doesn't just happen, though, I have to focus on it.

It's fun, though, and makes you feel like you live in a totally different reality than you thought you lived.


[edit on 13-9-2009 by sylvie]



posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
you are seeing nimitta, which are natural effects/abilities that arise when concentration and stillness of mind occur. best thing is to note them but do not become entangled in wondering about them. Just notice and accept. They will come and go on their business as usual without your interest.



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sakyant
 


THANKS ALOT!

copy and paste: nimitta
mark, sign; image; target, object; cause, condition. These meanings are used in, and adapted to, many contexts of which only the doctrinal ones are mentioned here.

1. 'Mental (reflex-) image', obtained in meditation. In full clarity, it will appear in the mind by successful practice of certain concentration-exercises and will then appear as vividly as if seen by the eye. The object perceived at the very beginning of concentration is called the preparatory image (parikamma-nimitta). The still unsteady and unclear image, which arises when the mind has reached a weak degree of concentration, is called the acquired image (uggaha-nimitta). An entirely clear and immovable image arising at a higher degree of concentration is the counter-image (patibhāga-nimitta). As soon as this image arises, the stage of neighbourhood (or access) concentration (upacāra-samādhi) is reached. For further details, s. kasina, samādhi.

2. 'Sign of (previous) kamma' (kamma-nimitta) and 'sign of (the future) destiny' (gati-nimitta); these arise as mental objects of the last karmic consciousness before death (maranāsanna-kamma; s. karma, III, 3).

Usages (1) and (2) are commentarial (s. App.). In sutta usage, the term occurs, e.g. as:

3. 'Outward appearance': of one who has sense-control it is said- that "he does not seize upon the general appearance' of an object (na nimittaggāhī; M. 38, D. 2; expl. Vis I, 54f; see sīla).

4. 'Object': the six objects, i.e. visual, etc. (rūpa-nimitta; S. XXII, 3). Also, when in explanation of animitta-cetovimutti, signless deliverance of mind (s. cetovimutti, vimokkha), it is said, 'sabba-nimittānam amanasikārā', it refers to the 6 sense-objects (Com. to M. 43), and has therefore to be rendered "by paying no attention to any object (or object-ideas)." - A pleasant or beautiful object (subha-nimitta, q.v.) is a condition to the arising of the hindrance of sense-desire; a 'repellent object' (patigha-nimitta) for the hindrance of ill-will; contemplation on the impurity of an object (asubha-nimitta; s. asubha) is an antidote to sense-desire.

5. In Pts.M. II, in a repetitive series of terms, nimitta appears together with uppādo (origin of existence), pavattam (continuity of existence), and may then be rendered by 'condition of existence' (s. Path, 194f.).

------------

or you can do a quick search on nimitta and find alot of info on it!

www.urbandharma.org...

www.arrowriver.ca...

www.greatwesternvehicle.org...



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
What you are seeing is either a function of the eye or the brain. First start with an opthalmologist (not an optometrist) and if he/she doesn't find anything with your eyes, you should see a neurologist to check brain function. Since you said you have been seeing these things for a long time and its nothing new, it most likely is not anything to worry about. But if it bothers you, you should seek help. These two doctors are the place to start. Hope this helps and best of luck.

I_R


Ehh I'm under the firm belief that doctors are useless and can only TRUELY help when your close to death. Otherwise all the surgeries and pills only asses the symptoms not the problems. If you have any problems what you need to seek is a health care practitioner, to help solve the problem at its base, not the symptoms! lol doctors are silly. =)



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeitseddy
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice
 


That happens to. But after I'm very very relaxed. Sometimes I see wavelike patterns.


Yes i can see that too, like i said i can see just about any shape in just about every color.



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I just had one of these experiences for the first time. I was watching TV and then I saw something out of the corner of my eye so I looked out the window and there were all these white squiggly things swimming around. There must have been hundreds of them. They seemed to be alive and I could see why people said they look intelligent. I saw them for about twenty seconds and then they just disappeared.

If it makes any difference I just had an MRI a few months ago and I was found to have fluid behind my eyes. This may be a precursor to Multiple Sclerosis, though I may never get it. In the past year I've developed a sort of double vision, mostly in the evening hours in both of my eyes which is what prompted me to have an MRI done.

I'm not saying this is the cause, or is anyone else's cause for these squiggly white things, I'm just volunteering it in case it makes sense to someone.



posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I dont know if anybody posted this yet as I just read the first couple of posts but They are " Floaters "



Floaters are deposits of various size, shape, consistency, refractive index, and motility within the eye's vitreous humour, which is normally transparent.[1][2] They may be of embryonic origin or acquired due to degenerative changes of the vitreous humour or retina.[1] The perception of floaters is known as myodesopsia, or less commonly as myiodeopsia, myiodesopsia, or myodeopsia.[1] Floaters are visible because of the shadows they cast on the retina[3] or their refraction of the light that passes through them, and can appear alone or together with several others in one's field of vision. They may appear as spots, threads, or fragments of cobwebs, which float slowly before the sufferer's eyes.[2] Since these objects exist within the eye itself, they are not optical illusions but are entoptic phenomena.

One specific type of floater is either called Muscae volitantes (from the Latin, meaning 'flying flies'), or mouches volantes (from the French), and consist of small spots. These are present in most people's eyes and are attributed to minute remnants of embryonic structures in the vitreous humour.[1]




posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind
I just had one of these experiences for the first time. I was watching TV and then I saw something out of the corner of my eye so I looked out the window and there were all these white squiggly things swimming around. There must have been hundreds of them. They seemed to be alive and I could see why people said they look intelligent. I saw them for about twenty seconds and then they just disappeared.

If it makes any difference I just had an MRI a few months ago and I was found to have fluid behind my eyes. This may be a precursor to Multiple Sclerosis, though I may never get it. In the past year I've developed a sort of double vision, mostly in the evening hours in both of my eyes which is what prompted me to have an MRI done.

I'm not saying this is the cause, or is anyone else's cause for these squiggly white things, I'm just volunteering it in case it makes sense to someone.


Yeah those things you and many speak of i can see on will alone. I don't know why but ever since i first started seeing them when i was younger about 9, i could see them whenever i wanted to.



posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinsta
I dont know if anybody posted this yet as I just read the first couple of posts but They are " Floaters "



Floaters are deposits of various size, shape, consistency, refractive index, and motility within the eye's vitreous humour, which is normally transparent.[1][2] They may be of embryonic origin or acquired due to degenerative changes of the vitreous humour or retina.[1] The perception of floaters is known as myodesopsia, or less commonly as myiodeopsia, myiodesopsia, or myodeopsia.[1] Floaters are visible because of the shadows they cast on the retina[3] or their refraction of the light that passes through them, and can appear alone or together with several others in one's field of vision. They may appear as spots, threads, or fragments of cobwebs, which float slowly before the sufferer's eyes.[2] Since these objects exist within the eye itself, they are not optical illusions but are entoptic phenomena.

One specific type of floater is either called Muscae volitantes (from the Latin, meaning 'flying flies'), or mouches volantes (from the French), and consist of small spots. These are present in most people's eyes and are attributed to minute remnants of embryonic structures in the vitreous humour.[1]



Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not it at all. For one I can see them in complete darkness, during the day, or even with my eyes closed. Also their never transparent. Float slowly? most of the time they don't move, and when they do its pretty fast.



posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice
 


I agree with you, this doesn't sound like floaters. But I think when they say "normally transparent" they are referring to the times when you don't see them.

I didn't have time to test this out, but maybe you can. When you see them and you turn your head do they stay in the same spot in your vision? Like do they turn with your head? It seemed to me that they were visible in my peripheral vision, but when I turned my head I saw them. However, this might be because they are bright and when I turned my head I was looking at a different background. Also, I know this is difficult to spot because all the squiggles are moving in different directions, but does it appear that the whole body of squiggles (as one image) remain stationery or does the whole image sort of meander like a floater would? I'm trying to figure out if this is an artifact of the eyeball, fluid in the eye or vitreous, or a quirk of the brain. Thanks.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by theyreadmymind]



posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind
 


I would have to say that they stay in their own position as i turn my head. as if they were organisms themselves you know? They also move on their own accord, sometimes they don't move though.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]



posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice
 


ok the balls you see, are floaters, as for hazes i don't know, the colors you see in the dark are in fact a form of energy disincarnated, fragments of what once was, that or you have eaten too much '___' in your day



posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024
 


Lol! I have never touched '___'. =) Those balls... the ones that everyone else see that are in the sky and move around like crazy you mean? if there floaters why do i see them everytime on will?

EDIT: I've read what floaters are but they dont seem to sound anything like what i perceive, can you elaborate more on how you came to that conclusion?


[edit on 24-9-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]



posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I always thought they were dust particles or similar. For me they are most prominant at the beach so I figured that's because of the salt in the air.



posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
quick question, those transparent little ball shapes that move around all over the place, does everyone else see them only in the sky? Like i said i can see those ones every time on will but only in the sky, mind you. those other things i see with random shapes or colors i can see everywhere, blindfolded or not.



posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice
I'm not quite sure what it is but whenever i pay attention to it i see the world around me as almost hazy like.... or not its hard to describe... its like thousands of little transparent balls, but sometimes especially in the dark i see different colored lights of blue or red or purple or w.e. What on earth is this?? sometimes these colors take on strange shapes but aren't really describable...


They're just evil spirits trying to trick you. Command the spirits to leave you alone in Jesus Name!!! Evil spirits are stubborn so it might take a while to get rid of them.


Thanks,
TT



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join