It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven is Space/ Angels are Aliens

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If we are indeed descended from a race of genetically modified humans and if our DNA contains alien strands , then there is something extremely worrying that is being overlooked .
We have collectively , time and time again , displayed traits of wanton distruction , greed , distrust and hatred . If these traits stem from the alien DNA strands , then I for one would not welcome or look forward to the return of our creators .

Peace.

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Comments?

1. If one states that Heaven is "paradise", I ask them to describe their paradise image and realize that is a personal ideal, existing in ones own mind. They have to then ackowledge that they believe it to be totally imaginary....but then where are the biblical angels falling from, descending from, or ascending up into?

In human terms heaven is considered a paradise depending on how many sins you have, or how bad the sins are. From an outside point of view for everyone heaven is seen as a glorious light. Read your bible because you are talking about stories people share, to my account the angels were glorious bright lights that descended. I am suggesting a spirit can come as an angel, someone or something from a seat of God, in a glorious white light under intelligent control and not be piloted by Greys who have those lights but all alot of times invisible.

Then you must ask, "Which planet or galaxy does this place exist? Definatley not Earth....think about it: if one is coming down from this place or going up into this place it has exist above this planet. In the bible Heaven is also depicted as "the place beyond the clouds"....if you looked through a telescope and saw beyond the clouds, what are you looking at?

If I am trying hard to discover knowledge about my own mind and barely succeeding I would think it hard for me to ask such large questions that seem impossible to answer. The universe is alive. I have so much fear in my mind, I have so much fear in my body, it is overwhelming.
edit on 19-9-2011 by greyer because: my mistake

edit on 19-9-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I'm 34 right now. I was a christian until my mid 20's. I delt with guilt about it until a few years ago. So I am confidently agnostic at this point, and can curse god without any shame. But when I -was- a christian I thought the same thing as you. I thought heaven was space or a place in space. I thought jesus and the angels rose into space from earth and that their home was somewhere out there. Similar, I think that one explanation for jesus/angels/etc is that they're aliens. But all of this assumes that the bible is an actual account. Since I no longer believe the biblical stories, then I cannot entertain the idea that angels are aliens and so on.

"I thought that they were angels, but to my surprise, we climbed aboard their starship, we headed for the skies."

edit on 19-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Logically looking back at the Bible with it's God, Son of God, Angels, Miracles, etc is much more believeable thinking of it in terms of advanced ETs and technology. Any rational person who is Christian should be able to see that. With all the technology we have today, it should be simple to see.

What's more believable, a white bearded man in a robe walking around in the clouds or an advanced being on another one of the infinite planets out there?

Just think...

If we went back in time with just a few devices we have now, say and iPad, some over the counter meds and landed there in one of our fighter jets. Fast forward back to present and what might they have written...?

Behold a great screaming beast from the heavens with tails of fire and enormous wings descended upon us with great fury. As it's mouth opened, two angels came upon us. One of them had a stone tablet where time was reversed and souls were held (video footage). The other used magic pebbles to ease the suffering of my sick children (tylenol, ibuprofen, etc).

Now that we understand technology and what its capable of, even if we're not able to do some of it yet, we still comprehend it's power. Look at how we describe our UFO sightings and aliens... great balls of light, greys, reptilians, star gates, huge object in the sky, round, triangular, sound familiar? kind of sounds primitive with how well we describe everything else in current times. It seems that when we experience something we don't understand we become children in our descriptions, just as they did a long time ago.

Advanced beings = parents
Earthlings = kids

Do you give your kids advanced literature or do you give them simple, easy to read children's books?

You give them, " In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Not, In the 5th quadrant of the raleious system the Virons were creating a new species of beings. they terraformed a solid planet giving it all the elements, minerals, bacteria, foliage, food, etc to evolve adapt and survive. The process of structuring the right DNA sequence in order to achieve a stable life form was blah blah blah...see? Again, make perfect sense of how simple the bible states things that we now know are far from simple.

I could go on and on. Just my opinion. (yes I made up all the names of the star systems. heh)

Seems obvious to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

I'm 34 right now. I was a christian until my mid 20's. I delt with guilt about it until a few years ago. So I am confidently agnostic at this point, and can curse god without any shame. But when I -was- a christian I thought the same thing as you. I thought heaven was space or a place in space. I thought jesus and the angels rose into space from earth and that their home was somewhere out there. Similar, I think that one explanation for jesus/angels/etc is that they're aliens. But all of this assumes that the bible is an actual account. Since I no longer believe the biblical stories, then I cannot entertain the idea that angels are aliens and so on.

"I thought that they were angels, but to my surprise, we climbed aboard their starship, we headed for the skies."

edit on 19-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I understood completely.

When I deconverted from Christianity a few years ago, it was hard for me to assert that anything about the bible was true. It all sounded so 'fairytail-ish'.....

Then I researched all the different ancient doctrines that told accounts of the 'visitors from heaven' and how they were able to do extremely advanced things..

I had to tell myself that all these civilizations were not mass-hallucinating or imagining the same events and characters.

When I learned of the Ancient Alien Theory ( which was way before History Channel's Ancient Aliens), it started to make sense, but like you said, only if the bible is true'.

It makes the bible more plausible and sound; things were not magical, they were advanced technologies being displayed....

Gods and Angels are ancient words used to describe ET's; today, we call them aliens.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

For the evolution part, Just because an ape, well in all honesty it's not apes, it was chimpanzees, evolved, it doesn't mean, the whole species, goes flip and turns over to humans, it's a slow and long process.

Actually, we didn't evolve from chimpanzees. We just share a common ancestor (according to evolutionary scientists). But we do share a hell of a lot of DNA with chimpanzees.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This forum is one step closer to the Truth, but to fully grasp what is going on an even further step must be taken.

The physical universe we know is not all that exists.

The Universal Mind (God) is a power greater than aliens, and it is something we all have a direct connection with inside ourselves.

Jesus was not an alien, he was a super-man, or a human being of extremely advanced consciousness.

There were half-alien/demi-god's that came before him who were associated with his story so that the pagans would be more accepting of the religion growing in his name.

Many of the Gods of ancient religions are also not "aliens" but elementals and human beings from much older civilizations who transcended to much higher levels of consciousness.

Do not get so lost in theories of aliens, that you forget the spiritual truths they are trying to teach us.

You are growing in wisdom my brothers and sisters.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join