It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven is Space/ Angels are Aliens

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I brought this up to a friend (a Christian whose preparing to become a minister).....

Me: " You have to get out of the kindergarden level of biblical interpretation. We are adults. At some point we should seek the adult, sensible version of this story"

Him:" I am looking at it in a sensible way."

Me: " But it lacks logic...You gotta use logic."

Him: "I don't want to use logic!"

Me: "Whoa. Did you just say what I thought you said?"

Him: " Yeah...I don't want to discuss this anymore"

That was so reveling to me.. Religious people don't too much like logic because it reveals that they've been told lot of lies..and they are not ready to accept that...its much more comforting to know that the man in sky that with a long beard, sandals, and a white robe that watches your every movement is waiting on them to join them in the clouds with streets of gold and pearly gates and wishes come true and live happily ever after..."

[edit on 3-9-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by ButterCookie

This is not completely true. I am a christian and I approach everything with logic and an open mind to the best of my ability. I have came to terms with the fact that man is overall manipulative and egotistic and so the bible has probably been manipulated. I think the teachings of Jesus Christ are whats important to remember when you call yourself a Christan. It's not what you've been taught, rather what you have learned...if that makes sense.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The OP is correct!

Now do you realize that if the government were to EVER say "Aliens" are attacking us, you know its 100% pure BULL#!

You show me an Angel that will destroy human life, and ill show you the biggest blanket pulled over your eyes.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Codazzle

Satan was an angel that has done a pretty good job of destroying the world IMO.

Where's that blanket?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I brought this up to a friend (a Christian whose preparing to become a minister).....

Me: " You have to get out of the kindergarden level of biblical interpretation. We are adults. At some point we should seek the adult, sensible version of this story"

Him:" I am looking at it in a sensible way."

Me: " But it lacks logic...You gotta use logic."

Him: "I don't want to use logic"

Me: "Whoa. Did you just say what I thought you said?"

Him: " Yeah...I don't want to discuss this anymore"

That was so reveling to me.. Religious people don't too much like logic because it reveals that they've been told lot of lies..and they aare not ready to accept that...its mouh more comforting to know that the man in sky that with a long beard, sandals, and a white robe that watches your every movement is waiting on them to join them in the clouds with streets of gold and pearly gates and wishes come true and live happily ever after..."

Same exact issue I had with my friend. She said to me a year or so ago when I had just had my 'awakening', "we should have coffee and discuss our faiths" Well, we never did have that coffee because after the next few emails when she realized what my faith really is ('spirituality' is not her idea of fun), she literally quit speaking to me. Sad, but they just do not want to hear that they have been swindled.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by blujay

Let me know if I have been "swindled"!

Deny ignorance right? Please by all means, if I am wrong for being a Christian yet having semi-beliefs in ETs and a lot of other stereotypical "bad juju" ideas more fundamental christian would frown upon, let me know!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Uh...yes. You have been swindled...Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

(but that explaination is for a different board)

But hey, cheer up! You are not alone by a long shot!! There are millions out there like you.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by ButterCookie

Are you sure it's me and not you? Or both? Or neither?

I think I should start a thread concerning "personal truths". All my discussions have led back to that today.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Chances of that are slim and we're probably not going anywhere besides six feet under. After all, we are just another species that exists in this universe. What makes us so special?
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

What would you say the chances are? What if they are 99/1 in favor of no life after death?

If you're right, you are dead and buried when you die. If your're wrong however, you will be tormented in hell for refusing God's free path for life.

Have you ever receive a bad burn? Can you imagine that pain all over your body, for all eternity? Not even worth 99.99/.01 odds my friend.

I encourage you to thoroughly investigate Christianity as a path of eternal ife. God answers those who humbly and diligently seek Him. I was a sceptic just like you, but I now am 100% certain that there IS a living God, and Jesus Christ is His Son.

He desires that no one should suffer eternal torment, but we each individually must ask, seek, and request the Lord's free gift- He will not force it upon anyone.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The only thing I can possibly add is from the ages of about 5 - 8 I used to get visited by a powerfull demon at night. It had the ability to control your thoughts and take over your mind while you sleep making you become conscious in your dreams. I remember the demon used to fool me by taking a human form who was pale with bright blonde hair and he had fire in his eyes. He showed me many scary things and seeked my worship and following. Once day I woke up in midst of one of these dream visits. I awoke facing my bedroom window, which was no more then 3 feet from the edge of the bed, and what I saw was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life. The only way to describe the amount of fear would be a thousand nuclear bombs. There was also a very deep loud hum. The creature had lizard like skin, short arms, long fingers and fingernails, and eyes like an insect. Large oval and black like the darkest tinted window.

When I was 13 I had a breakdown out of the fear of these things growing up. Nobody had listened to me and I broke down and prayed to God for help. I gave up my entire soul and begged to please help me and make the evil stop. I told God it was better for me to die then to live. I began to shake and speak in a language I don't know. I felt like God was granting my wish and taking me to him. I was afraid and I crid out Jesus help me. On the word Jesus a bright light appeared in the day sky. It was so brilliant and bright it looked like a cross. The light descended and from one became three. They moved back and forth over my head before coming to a complete stop above me. Then a green light orb type thing, but was in the shape of an hourglass, entered the room. I was frozen and couldn't move. I heard someone behind me but I was too afraid to look. I could smell something like insense. Then a craft quickly shot right in front of my window and engulfed me in bright light and I blacked out. I awoke and saw the three lights still in the sky but now it was night. I asked "who are you?" The reply was Raphael and he told me I was now Rock. They spun around in a circular disk formation and dissapeared into the darkness.

I am convinced angels exist in space, maybe in other dimensions, maybe right next to us.

Oh and I would also like to add there is a universal God consciousness. Or streaming river of knowledge when you reach a certain level of consciousness. The information that flows is everything about your life and your future. It's very powerfull and feels like a God consciousness. It's not stagnant in respect that you can ask questions. The answers flow back to you and enter your mind like telepathic communication.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AdmiralObamaGFOL

I'm not going to get into it over here, but this is what I'm talking about. Going to hell and burning for eternity for not believing something. Give me something more than an old book and I might think about it.

Using fear to get someone to believe in something is a whitewash, IMHO.

Do we see the ploy here?

Wow. There are ALOT of people going to this hell then, huh? If this is all true like you truly believe, then your God is basically a tyrant, has no empathy, and has no understanding.

And what about the people who know nothing about Christianity? Tribes in the rainforests, in Africa... Children that die before they can learn - all going to hell? Your God makes life not fair, and I will not believe anything like that...

And, to make this post relevant to the topic, your god also sounds like a juvenile ET. When I say Juvenile, I mean immature, because that is how a child would act and what a child would decree if he/it were playing god.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

@Ant Technology

Anyway, yes..... i agree with you on 'Time' 'Space' 'Travel' & 'Distance' & also i believe that Angels & Aliens could very well be one & the same.... there can't really be many explanations for a "higher existence" If they are real or at least real to us then they must have come from somewhere.....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You are quick to say the kingdom of heaven is made up because believers long for it. I dare to say, since you are on ATS, you believe in ETs, correct? What would be your response if I said aliens are made up because you long to not be alone in the Universe as well?

If you really want to deny the fact that we aren't the only living creatures in the universe, then you're pretty darn ignorant. There is water on Mars. Therefore, there must be organisms. Right? Is there not bacteria on other planets? Is bacteria not life?

Did Jesus really rise from the dead? Are you really going to live in a kingdom after you kill thousands of innocent people just because you want some virgins?

What would you rather choose?

Mythology or Logic?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AdmiralObamaGFOL

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Not everyone believes in God. In fact, not everyone believes in your Religious institution. Actually, many other institutions have their own set of beliefs.

What makes yours right and theirs wrong?

What makes YOUR God real and other Gods that were once worshipped false?

Sorry, I'll gladly deny fairy tales.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by impaired

The church uses hell as a scare tactic into belief. That doesn't mean God does.

God's will is that each of us accept Him out of love and compassion...not fear. He doesn't want us to be afraid, in fact, He wants to protect us. Atleast that's how I see it. I don't dare believe I can say exactly what God's will is. I do believe that He just wants us to be happy and joyous in Him, not frightened though.

It's like a parent and his/her child/ren. The parent wants the child/ren to respect them, not out of fear, but out of love and compassion.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One very interesting idea that has always come to mind about Heaven is "Dark Matter" that you always hear scientists, phycisists and astronomers talk about. Apparentely it constitutes more of the mass in the universe than even that which is visible, but we can't see or touch any of it. One theory of mine is that once someone enters heaven and is given a new body as spoken of in the Bible, the "dark matter" is sudenly made visible and accessible through a higher state of being. It would be like a viel (sp?) being lifted from the eyes of our mortal bodies and all of the sudden that majesty and beauty of what has been hidden right in front of us is made visible.

It is already a well established fact that humans are very limited to what they can see and hear because of our lacking visual and hearing organs. Just an idea I had: Heaven may be even more incredible than what we have to imagine with in this visible unverse.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Read my post after that. I am not denying extraterrestrial life. I am simply pointing out the dualistic nature of your comment.

You said humans long for heaven/God. Well, I say to that that humans are by nature social creatures and always long for a companion. Whether it is on the scale of friend/girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband/God/ET it doesn't matter.

To say that we can effectively "forge" a heaven in our minds to feel more complete as a social being yet cannot forge an ET for that same purpose is naive.

If we can imagine God/heaven, we can also imagine ETs and UFOs.

I am not trying to discredit ETs or anything, because I DO believe they exist. I am simply trying to show the flip-side of your statement.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I'll repeat what I previously said in my 2nd post:

Not everyone believes in God. In fact, not everyone believes in your Religious institution. Actually, many other institutions have their own set of beliefs.

What makes yours right and theirs wrong?

What makes YOUR God real and other Gods that were once worshipped false?

All religious followers have their set of beliefs. Organized religious institutions are highly and severely flawed.

We're just another species. We're not special. We're on the same level as slugs in my opinion. Except we don't melt when we touch salt

[edit on 3-9-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by impaired

The church uses hell as a scare tactic into belief. That doesn't mean God does.

God's will is that each of us accept Him out of love and compassion...not fear. He doesn't want us to be afraid, in fact, He wants to protect us. Atleast that's how I see it. I don't dare believe I can say exactly what God's will is. I do believe that He just wants us to be happy and joyous in Him, not frightened though.

It's like a parent and his/her child/ren. The parent wants the child/ren to respect them, not out of fear, but out of love and compassion.

^^^ I'm not trying to be a jerk over here, but do you talk to him? Did he tell you this? I ask, because you are saying (darn near word for word) EXACTLY what other Christians say, which comes from... the bible!

Come on. Have a mind of your own. Use logic over here. This really sounds like brainwashing...

And I've read the bible many many times... I'm not saying that I remember every word or part, but I did read it.

Just a book. - With good morals and stories - don't get me wrong. But to brainwash oneself into it and to not see out of the box is an abomination in MY honest opinion.

We are NOT the only game (life) in town. Too many stars, already 400 planets discovered outside of our solar system...

I remember I was telling a Christian all of this recently. He didn't want to hear it - all he did was quote the bible. He believes the Earth is 6,000 years old and that everything was created in 7 days...

You've got to be kidding me. Speaking of that, didn't science actually debunk the bible with that one alone? We KNOW the earth is much older. It may not be 4.5 billion years old (I'm giving it a margin of error of about even 2 billion years - give or take), but it's DEFINETLY not 6,000 years old. That means dinosaurs were planted here by God as a test of faith? Homonids? KT Extinction event??? I can go on and on and use all of my 6,000 text characters for this, but I won't...

Come on. I mean, if you want to believe what you want without applying logic, cool - whatever makes you more comfortable. Just don't spew that stuff to me. I mean this in a nice way, if that's possible. All due respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join