It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven is Space/ Angels are Aliens

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by EMPIRE

Just curious as to what dissuades you from thinking aliens are just that - aliens.

Why does it seem it is one way or the other. Why must aliens be angels/demons/devils or vice versa? Can't all of these exist as different entities?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sure, man can be- in the above verse Jesus told the people, 'you are of your father, the devil. Nephilim were the progeny of angels and humans.
I think that when they died physically their spirits become demons. That's why they try to dwell in people; they have no physical body. Why the flood? Because this was rampant in the pagan societies-that's also why God didn't want his people to mix with them. That's why He also directed His people to kill everyone in the land of Canaan, it was happening again. Makes you realize what a spiritual battle it was. reply to post by Agree2Disagree

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

how can you be sure it is pronounced yahwey, when there were no vowels,it is our translation assumes its correct ,but is it correct?

Where are our standards we all seem to have different opinions , but are they different,maybe just incomplete. NORTH is NORTH of SOUTH, but south of north is still north of south, NOW where the hxxl did that come from, cause i never heard of that before!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Good2Go

You could very well be correct.

However, there is no need to blame the atrocities of man on "demons". I'm simply saying that man doesn't have to be "possessed" to become an abomination to God.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Uh, does the Raelians ring a bell? They also believe the key to eternal life is cloning...

Philosophy scholar George D. Chryssides described the Raëlian Church as being in an "early developmental stage" and that their beliefs distance it from a "dominant intellectual climate".[5] Contrary to traditional theology, Raëlism claims that all life on Earth, humans included, was created scientifically by human-like extra terrestrials—Elohim (plural)—using DNA synthesis and genetic engineering. As a result, Raëlians believe in intelligent design. Raëlian believe that throughout the ages, members of the Elohim civilization sent different prophets: Moses, Jesus, Buddha, and many others to guide humanity and to prepare humans for the future. The Elohim later reduced the frequent visits so that humans were largely left to progress on their own, until the time of the Apocalypse/Revelation when they would send their final messenger and disclose themselves at an intentionally prepared embassy for establishing political and economic ties beyond the Earth. Chryssides states that Raëlism is discernible from other UFO Religions due to its heavy support for physicalism and repudiation of supernaturalism.[6] Susan J. Palmer, a social scholar who had historically long contacts with Raëlians, associated epiphenomenalism[7] with the belief in Raëlism that mind transfer coupled with human cloning can implant mind and personality into a new and disease free body.[8] Raëlians publicly deny the existence of the ethereal soul and a supernatural god,[9] but they believe that humanity for many generations past will be resurrected, albeit in a scientific way.[10]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yea, you're right. We do a pretty good job of it ourselves. reply to post by Agree2Disagree

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
In my opinion you are only 50% correct.

There are some extraterrestrial races which posed as "Gods" and "Angels" in ancient times. But they posed as something that really does exist: Spiritual/Celestial Realms.

In other words, just because extraterrestrials exist and posed as higher beings, does not mean that spiritual realms dont exist.

I completely agree with that... the end all be all is something that we most likely can't even imagine or ponder about with our little earthly minds.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by SolPower

I also agree.

I think that people have a hard time grasping anything that seems to portray duality. For example, it's either alien or celestial, not both. They seem to attribute this to every scenario. Is it not possible that one "chariot of fire" was a UFO manned by ETs and another was an actual celestial "chariot of fire" ridden by Gods messengers(angels)?

There is so much to be lost in interpretation.

I personally believe we have wronged our ancestors in our interpretations. They were smarter than we give them credit for. We tend to blame them for being so "general" in their descriptions simply because we cannot accept what is actually being depicted. Perhaps the ancients were spot on in everything they said. Perhaps civilization is regressing. It's interesting to ponder upon...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stmichael

I know that Yahweh is probably not the real pronunciation/spelling of the name of God. The Hebrews were not allowed to write or speak the name. You're right, they didn't have vowels. It was passed down as YHWH. Thousands of years later, men filled in the letters A and E to make Yahweh. It could be Yohwuh or Yehwah. Who knows? Some choose to say Jehova (which is completely wrong). However, none of this is relevant to the topic. And since the accepted spelling/pronunciation is Yahweh, that is what I will use.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheila947
When thinking about Satan an demons, maybe there really are reptillians, satan was a serpent, he is depicted as snake, reptile like, cold blooded reptiles would want to be someplace HOT.

I think your on to something here.
you should try reading some articles from David Icke he has many try reading the reptilian connection or his book tittled "...and the truth shall set you free."

You should also try watching this movie "They Live" its a pretty old movie but it exposes an idea that isn't as far fetched in the world that we live in today.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by G8tor

It is common belief among reptillian believers that they are originally from Earth.

That would give credence to the biblical text saying Satan was cast out of Heaven and given dominion over the realm of man for a period of years.

But alas, if they live inside Earth, does that mean Hell is on Earth? Lake of fire - molten core....hmmm...it's all very intriguing.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What man thinks God has done might always be wrong.
I see the Big Bang verses Infinite Universe as an example.
People say God has naturally created the universe as the
Big Bang of Creation.
Why should that be so.
Confounding man with the Infinite Universe is just as easily done by
the Creator.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Heaven itself is a made up "kingdom" for those who follow Religion to believe in. They don't want to think of the possible chance that Nothing happens after death. They don't wanna be without their precious Jesus and their imaginary friend named God.

Same with Muslims, blowing themselves up to enter their kingdom of how many virgins?

Every religious institution's idea of Heaven is insane.

But I always believed the possible chance of us entering another dimension when we pass on....not Heaven or anything lame like that....but perhaps another world.......

Chances of that are slim and we're probably not going anywhere besides six feet under. After all, we are just another species that exists in this universe. What makes us so special?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaell
Allow me to expand on your original points.

Imagine "the heavens" populated with all manner of beings created in the "image of god", as the bible claims. These races have no doubt been around for a very long time before man arrived on Earth.

The bible claims that a universal government centered around the creator existed long before man arrived on the scene as well. It's referred to in English biblical translations as the "Kingdom of Heaven".

This "Kingdom of Heaven" is presented in the bible as a very physical, practical reality, not some mystical, ethereal, metaphysical concept as many envision.

Jesus, in his ministry, explained that he was present to establish this kingdom, and that it's final physical establishment would be commenced on his return to Earth.

The "revelations" of Jesus to John reveal "A war in the Heavens". A "great dragon" with a third of the heavens under his command has opposed the established order of the Creator. The Earth has been under the jurisdiction of this Dragon from the beginning of history.

The bible is a record of The kingdom's plans and movements to liberate the Earth from the grips of this "dragon".

I've noticed the dragon(or serpent) in symbols and hieroglyphs from the dawn of time, all over the world. The serpent that eats his own tail has been shown to represent the milky way, I also believe it's the symbol of this great dragon. The serpent was a symbol of duality to the ancient Egyptians, and unchecked duality is chaos. Makes sense to me then, that the dragon is the enemy of the creator, the one true God. God being always good and pure conciousness itself, perfect love. I don't think we give ourselves enough credit, the vastness of the universe makes us feel insignificant. Every one of us is looking for the same thing, it is'nt money, success, power, or even love from the opposite sex. We are all longing for a return to the source, whether you are a theist, atheist, or whatever your belifs may be.

We suffer because of this, frustration, anger, hate come from this false reality. Some say coldly, "well that's life". No...it is'nt. When the end of the age comes, it will be the rebirth of pure reality, "paradise" "on Earth as it is in Heaven". God does not take or destroy, man fashioned his own destruction because of his fears and self deception. Souls are not 'sent' to hell, they dig their own pit and create a self hell, like a star burning out and becoming a black hole.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You are quick to say the kingdom of heaven is made up because believers long for it. I dare to say, since you are on ATS, you believe in ETs, correct? What would be your response if I said aliens are made up because you long to not be alone in the Universe as well?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gLuEBoY
Flavius Josephus writes about a man from Galilee named Yeshua ( Jesus ) and that he was a great man .. I think this is him. Josephus was a Jewish historian who was around in those times.. So even if you dont believe what the bible has to say maybe you could believe him

.. There is more evidance to the existance of Jesus than not.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by gLuEBoY]

3) Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. (64) And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross [2], those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day [3], as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named for him, are not extinct at this day.

Beh.. he didn't have much to say. Not to mention (Or perhaps, to mention) he was born only 37 years after Christ was, purportedly - and 4 years after his purported death. Surely the harmony of someone of JC's stature and ability would be still ringing clear in the minds of many, and stories told to children and their children.. not just the mere mention in a paragraph of a historian's tale.

Forgery, in my opinion. The whole story of Jesus Christ is so convoluted and warped that there is no point in arguing over his existence. If he did, his story has been corrupted for another's use (Council of Nicea??)

Just watch the skies. heh

[edit on 3-9-2009 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

To feel that we are alone in the universe is arrogant and very ignorant, no offense....

We are but one planet out of billions and we are to think that we are the only life forms?

We have the most advanced technology?

We are the only ones that can make interplanetary travel possible?

That's not of even logical to think that way

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by ButterCookie

I concur. I was simply making a point.

He says that humans long for Heaven and so we "invented" it within our minds, thus it is imaginary. My point was that humans are social creatures and long to be accompanied in the Universe by somethin/someone. It is naive to say that humans imagined heaven/God yet we couldn't have imagined ETs for the same social purposes.

I am by no means saying I do not believe in ETs. I am simply showing the duality of his statement.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Cambrian explosion

en.wikipedia.org...

"Charles Darwin considered this sudden appearance of many animal groups with few or no antecedents to be the greatest single objection to his theory of evolution"

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Jezus]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The bible was written in an era when the word heaven was the actual word for what we call space today.

The problem with your theories is the fact that angels are not binded to this singular physical manifenstation/universe like we are and therefor are not aliens.

Yes space is the heavens.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join