It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven is Space/ Angels are Aliens

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
ive always thought "god" to be some ET that was mistaken as a "god", mainly because there wasnt anyone saying they saw "aliens", but alot saying they saw god, or spoke to god. if you think about it, were there sightings of aliens back then? maybe it was, and they were considered called gods and angels

S+F

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
While I was accidentally robotripping, I thought of a story concerning angels who were aliens that were sent to earth as a test and partially forgot the mission and it was all part of karmic coincidence. I thought "gee, that was a pretty poetic story that just came out of nowhere".. but I am reluctant to tell the whole story because I want to avoid drawing any parallels to things I have actually seen and talked about on this site.

Perhaps I will do some creative writing somewhere under some other identity because it's actually kind of lurid.
It would be one of those... uh... controversial type things.
edit on 30-4-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ashtonkusher

Exactly!!! Aliens, or ET's, are the modern names for gods and angels.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by ashtonkusher

Exactly!!! Aliens, or ET's, are the modern names for gods and angels.

I'm with you 100% on "Heaven" being the heavens, the cosmos. It even pretty much points that direction in scriptures. Up. The heavens were where most of the "gods" came from according to the ancient people of the world.

All of it points up. (or inward)

I never bought into the 'streets of gold' thing, other than metaphor.

If angels do exist, I don't know that would I trust them. If aliens could be angelic they could as well be demonic.

A frightening prospect.

I've read about "abductees" that claim the "aliens" are here for our souls as some form of energy source. That the judgement will be harvest time, and the season draws near. That doesn't make it true, but an interesting parallel nonetheless.

It seems the Bible has more accurate UFO sightings recorded than Project Blue Book.

According to the definition of the word, God would be alien. Without a doubt such an entity would be older than our home, planet Earth, therefore not exactly a native per se. Also, we cannot precisely understand or know the mind of such a being, therefore it is truly unfamiliar, hence Xeno... strange, foreign, alien.

Perhaps it is, as you say, a matter of interpretation.

I read a few pages in, I'll soon go back and read more.

Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Your right, the list does go on! And on! Anyone whos interested in this should check out these Chuck Missler videos www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliciaJacob
Your right, the list does go on! And on! Anyone whos interested in this should check out these Chuck Missler videos www.youtube.com...

Good video!!

I really feel like the more a person looks into biblical accounts, they should eventually come to the realization that these beings were not fantastical; what made them 'divine' was the fact that they were not of this world....they arrive and display advanced technology and we called them 'gods'.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think that the reason some people hate the History Channel's series, "Ancient Aliens" is because it is painful to see that some things you may have believed in are not so, or at least were interpreted very incorrectly....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I do agree with the theory that if events in the bible actually took place then it reasonably could have been aliens and the bible is a flat out description of the encounters. However since we can explain 90-95% of UFO sightings nowadays, maybe you can explain 90-95% of the events in the bible as natural phenomenon as well. Or you could explain the bible as stories, lessons, and morals.

But wouldn't aliens described in the bible be different than angels and demons? Wouldn't they describe of an alien differently? Are there any descriptions of beings not from Heaven, Hell, or Earth in the Bible?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Cool, happy to see someone finally grew courage and posted this, now back to the OP...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I've read a book where during an abduction a woman was told by the aliens that they "recycle souls"

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
does hell really exist?where is it?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by goodgood

In my opinion, the Ancient Alien theory coupled with biblical descriptions of hell (hot, underground, Lucifer rules) then hell would be the gold mines underground where the human prototypes slaved for the gold.

Lucifer ( Satan, the Devil) is actually said to be Enki (the tempter)...the god who wanted to bring us light, wisdom and intelligence...

Remember the Garden of Eden story? Satan was said to be the one who 'tempted' Eve with knowledge, telling her that she no longer needed to be afraid of the Lord God ( Enlil) as he was to be proven to be a liar.

Enlil called Enki a 'traitor' (aka serpent) and more than likely, since he was top commander, bannished Enki and the humans into the gold mines to work instead ruling up top like him.
edit on 16-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

I have to agree with Slackops. The Christian Bible as well as the Indian Mahabharata and Ramayana are chock full of extraterrestrial visitations. The people of those times used the best vernacular to describe the mysteries that unfolded before them. "Angels" riding on saucer shaped "chariots" or appearing from a "lighted" doorway. One only has to look deeper into ancient Christian art work (especially stain glass works).
The Mahabharata and Ramayana depict huge celestial space battles and battles in atmosphere over our planet, even some Norwegian legends tell of air battles with strange ships.

check this out.
lithiumdreamer.tripod.com...

lithiumdreamer.tripod.com...

www.ufoandalienalerts.com...

www.sacred-texts.com...

just a few.

As far as "the streets of gold" go. I don't think that something such as gold with a monetary value would be of any use in Heaven, why would an Omnipotent entity need anything of monetary value? Such an entity would surely have no use of such meaningless, earthly materials. Gold or anything else that holds value to a monetary system has absolutely no place in a place that transcends time and space.

STAR for you Slackops....well done.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Cool, happy to see someone finally grew courage and posted this, now back to the OP...

Thanks!!!

It started making sense to me a few years ago, when I realized that, as an athiest back then, I had to be able to account for all of the stories that came from different civilizations world-wide, an how similar they were....

They all talked about flying chariots, miracle births, and advanced tecnology....

most importantly, they all talked about the beings that visited in Earth (from the sky) and how thes beings were involved in the creation of makind....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
First, we must state the obvious that Heaven is depicted to be a PLACE.

Next, one must distinguish to themselves if they consider this place to be fictious (imaginary) or real with a physical location.....

1. If one states that Heaven is "paradise", I ask them to describe their paradise image and realize that is a personal ideal, existing in ones own mind. They have to then ackowledge that they believe it to be totally imaginary....but then where are the biblical angels falling from, descending from, or ascending up into?

Heaven is not imaginary

2. If one states that Heaven is indeed a pysical, real place, they would be correct...Angels and God had to have had a location to descend down from, and ascend up into....

Heaven is a Real Physical place.

Then you must ask, "Which planet or galaxy does this place exist? Definatley not Earth....think about it: if one is coming down from this place or going up into this place it has exist above this planet. In the bible Heaven is also depicted as "the place beyond the clouds"....if you looked through a telescope and saw beyond the clouds, what are you looking at?

SPACE

How does Angel=Alien? If I am a 'Heaven Dweller" and we've established that Heaven is Space, then what ( in modern terminolgy) do we consider a "Space dweller"?

ALIEN

What do you think a 'winged creature ' that originates from another planet and able to travel through space to reach Earth is called? Today we say Alien or ET...in biblical times they called them Angels...

UFO-Chariot of Fire
Artificial insemination- Virgin Birth
God(s)- ET's with longer life spans and advance technology
Resurections performed- advanced medicine and surgery
High Tech technology- miracles, blessings
Holy- Cosmic

and the list goes on......

Comments?

[edit on 3-9-2009 by ButterCookie]

The apostle Paul indicates that there are different tiers of heaven. My personal belief is that what we perceive as aliens are in fact angels & demons.

2CO 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows. And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows-- was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by goodgood

Yes....a new HELL is created everytime I have to read a post where someone has an overwhelming need to disprove E.T. exists. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It is obvious OP is presenting the explanation from Ancient Astronaut Theory. I don't think it is arguable that IF the Bible is true, this is exactly what it is and that even Virgin Marie may have been artifically made pregnanet as described by poster on page 1. I also support this theory but the skeptics' problem is the Bible is just a fairy tale - I am also not sure it is true, so I just take this as possibility not a fact.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You are all right. But, you see I believe that this issue has been dealt with for some time now. We are beyond "Are aliens real?", and on to the next level with monatomic elements making a surge towards longevity, and ultimately leading to immortality. Yes aliens are real, We are Aliens. We have left this world (Earth) and have visited another world (Moon), and have sent probes(drones) to other worlds. So the question "Are aliens real?: was answered in 1969.

I also have an amusing post on Facebook: www.facebook.com...
please read it and let me know what you think.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Contribution towards the Christianity in response to the Angels = Aliens.

I must mention couple of solid facts.

First of all - how many of you can say that you really have studied and learned the religious message behind Christianity?! The top notch in this kind of topic is to have utmost knowledge about the matter discussed.
Many of the people, particularly in the U.S., are having hard time reasoning with Religion such as Catholic or, better said Rimokatolik church. That being said, many of the people don't care about religion(s) in general aspect. That's ok for them, but bad for their knowledge. Why? Simple enough, if someone dedicates a bit of time in the investigation of the message or the mere concept of Christianity (particularly) as well as origins of it - one iwll find the usage of metaphors on a big scale. Angels and Heaven are just metaphors and not actual places. Angels having wings is the metaphor used by freelancer artists who gave themselves enough liberty to draw/paint/make angels with wings to seperate them from the image of people.

Being a Christian doesn't mean to follow what the church says but to, actually, find the truth behind it. Unfortunately I must say that the U.S. view on the Church in general way - doesn't have even the slightest of Christianity in itself. Nor does Vatican in my opinion. Those are all lame excuses for Christianity. But, as we all know one can't blame whole religion because of some people who masked themselves and were using religion for personal gain (in one way or another). If there was no religion it would be something else, regardless of the principle behind it.

The point is that The Belief behind religion, in this particularity - Christianity - can't be used to define anything beside metaphoric value that it brings with it. The metaphoric value of Christianity, as well as all religions before, is connected to the Astrology in every way imaginable.
Many don't believe in astrology and that's fine, however ask yourself - how many people have actually learned or studied astrology in the first place? You'll realize that behind all those scientific people the reputation is the precedence before the actual knowledge.

That being said, Aliens are also a widespread term but in this particular mention as if they're intelligent life-forms from the Space, there is little or none connection to any particular religion of the ancients. I have utter reasons and knowledge behind it to deduce and throw away any illogicality which tends to find it's place where it doesn't belong in the first place.

So, my answer to the topic is - Christian angels are not, by any means, connected to the actual Aliens. Christian angels are a metaphor, just like the whole concept of Christianity.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If we go along with the OP's theory ( and I do ) , then doesn't it seem also plausible that " Starseeds" & " Indigo Children" could fit in nicely with this theory ?

Just a thought

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join