It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secluted travel spots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've been wanting to travel somewhere small, escaping reality while still being around people. I was thinking of traveling to some really small European city or village in the east. I've always had these visions of me in small, almost perfect, secluded places, with the most picturesque scenery. Everything about these places where perfect. The people where nice, the roads where hand laid brick, usually no cars, vast scenery. These villages where sometimes in mountains or valleys. I need help trying to find a place that captured my visions, because I really want to travel soon. These seem like they would be a great place to get away from it all.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If you live in the US, or are going to travel to the US, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jekyll Island, Ga. Its quiet and peaceful, there is nature all around and just enough people. Plus, the wild dolphins get real close to you!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Right here. Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands. You want to dive? okayfine, we can do that. You want to not dive? Hava Red Stripe, and park your hammock over there.

You want to surf? Dis is not de place. Sharp rock onna shore. Don't forget to tell Mr. Billy when you buy food from his store that I told you it was de best place to shop!

find a place to sit and watch nothing go by. You might get lucky and see a traffic jam created by a dog, a bicycle and two people stopping to talk.

Don't forget to watch for the green flash at sundown. (shameless promotion warning) look at my profile for a link to photos of the green flash. Contrary to popular belief, it is NOT only seen whilst gazing through a Heiniken bottle...........

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Right here. Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands.

sounds like an awesome place. I will have to check it out sometime in my life. Seems like a nice honeymoon spot.

I'm still on the search for this small town. I've had a few more dreams of this place that I know nothing about and I just want to go there so bad! I keep getting a picture of a small town in a very hilly area. The main part of town is almost in the side of a mountain/valley. The streets are narrow with few cars. I want to say its in europe, but it seems like it would fit better in south america (although I don't agree with the architecture). Its ALL brick, even the road.

top topics

join