It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Abu Ghraib prisoners released.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The US military has begun releasing an estimated 250 prisoners from the notorious Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad. About a week ago, there were approximately 3,800 prisoners at Abu Ghraib.

The first busload of detainees left the jail in the early hours of Friday.

The prison has been at the centre of a scandal after photographs emerged showing American guards at the jail abusing Iraqi inmates

This will be seen by many as a 'good will gesture' after atrocities were committed there earlier, and perhaps is even a comprimise to hostage takers, who executed Nick Berg because these prisoners were not released.
Source

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I dont know what to say to this.....

I mean, these were prisoners and capable of harming coalition forces, so why throw them back on the street where they might create more anarchy.

Im not to well informed on the conditions these men/women were imprisoned under, so I'll shy away for now.

Deep

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I personally think most of them will be back on the streets fighting in no time, even if they werent fighters before hand, the abuses that happened to them will probably be suffice to convert them

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by browha]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
But the big question is :will the hostage takers release any hostages??? will thye up hold their end of the deal??

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
True true, but perhaps it was 'for their lives' aka so they dont get executed rather than released, and perhaps released in their own time in a few weeks or so?

top topics

join