It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews Proclaims Criticizing Michelle Obama Having 26 Aides Is Racist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Thank you!!! If I could star you many times I would!

I dont know why people think this is racist...I think its a little over kill to have 26 aides for heavens sake. I mean what does one person need so many aides for? What is each one of their jobs? I do think it's a waste of money to have this many aides. Did any other First Lady have this many aides?

I dont care what color the Presidents or First Lady's skin is I care about what they say and do and the lack of the actual doing! It seems like any time someone questions their actions its considered a racist move when it isnt. It has nothing to do with color and everything to do with their actions. People need to look beyond someones skin tone I swear!

S&F to the OP

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
first off who needs 26 aides. what does she do she cant possibly be that busy.
and number 2 i don't care weather shes black white Asian or alien if shes doesn't need 26 aides she deserves to be criticized, or if shes not doing a good job then i will gladly criticize her too. same goes for obama we are not racist if we are stating the truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I used to think Fox News with O'reilly and Hannity were scumbags and really stupid.

WOW, how the tides have turned!

Now I realize.... EVERYONE is stupid!

I mean event to the dumbest person on earth, how can it not be obvious that there's no longer any such thing as impartial mainstream media?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by make.changes
first off who needs 26 aides. what does she do she cant possibly be that busy.
and number 2 i don't care weather shes black white Asian or alien if shes doesn't need 26 aides she deserves to be criticized, or if shes not doing a good job then i will gladly criticize her too. same goes for obama we are not racist if we are stating the truth.

I want to know what the 26 aids do, I am curious, how can I find out?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)

2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)

3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)

4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)

5. Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)

8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)

9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)

10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

11. Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

12 $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)

13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)

14 Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)

15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)

16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady) 17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)

18. Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)

19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)

21. Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)

22. Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

blogs.suntimes.com...
Here are 22, in all fairness all first ladies have aids,

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just had to weigh in on this one... First off, I could care less what that fat, bloviating bag of wind has to say on any matter - as he does NOT matter!

The use of the accusation "racist" when one disagrees with another is a simple demonstration in that person's lack of intellect or ability to develop a cogent or well-reasoned response based on the premise of the initial argument. "Racist" is an Ad Hominem fallacy and is akin to the use of "Well, you're just stupid" as it fails to even address the initial premise being presented.

The premise, that Michelle Obama is a wasteful be-yatch who believes that she is royalty as evidenced by the fact that she has 26 personal servants - far more than any other first lady in history, is founded upon factual evidence as presented in the premise. A cogent response to this premise would be a retort that included facts indicating why this might be the case and its significance toward her role as first lady OR a comparative analysis demonstrating that her use of personal servants is in line with previous women serving in similar roles. Yet, Mr. mathews, being devoid of either intelligence or logic, has opted for the ad hominem fallacy - and I thank him for this. As he has provided a perfect example of the liberal's playbook on "intelligent debate". We have it here, in black and white.

Ooops, I said "Black and white"... I must be a racist too because there is NOTHING I agree with in this Adminstration!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson would be rolling over in their graves if they saw that list!
This is why America is bankrupt. Why do we constantly need to create more beuracracies and pointless positions? It definately is not for the good of the citizens.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by make.changes

I could not agree with you more.
If someone sucks, they suck, regardless of color, etc...

In a conversation, even though, one may have a valid point, a lot of people have gotten used to the idea that to automatically degenerate and corrupt a conversation, all they have to do is call you racist.
That immediately ruins whatever point you were making and makes you the objective in the conversation, especially if it involves more than 2 people.
Now you are on the defensive, and if you ignore the accusation, it sticks even firmer.
When in reality, there is only one form of racism, BIAS AGAINST INTELLIGENCE>

reply to post by kozmo

While the more sensible of us would wholeheartedly concur with your statement that Mathews "does not matter", the simple fact remains, that we are indeed the minority.
How many people/fools actually believe what he has to say.
Commentaries such as that tend to hold sway over the under informed.
Arguably, the entire premise of political ideology, revolves around the notion that those subject to it, are for the most part uninformed and or ignorant of relevant facts.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ok Chris "noballs" Matthews, two can play at this game. I believe clearly that anyone who think Michelle Obama DOES need 26 aides is a racist. Obviously it indicates that they don't think she, as a black woman, is capible of doing anything for herself as previous caucasian first ladies have done in the past. Hopefully the Color of Change will be contacting Mr. Matthews' advertisers soon, but for some reason I don't expect that to happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Frogs

I dont know why people think this is racist...I think its a little over kill to have 26 aides for heavens sake. I mean what does one person need so many aides for? What is each one of their jobs? I do think it's a waste of money to have this many aides. Did any other First Lady have this many aides?

It is usual for First Ladies to have a large staff. The First Lady is the public relations arm of the presidency and every move she makes, every dress or pair of shoes she wears, every word she utters has to be perfect or she's nailed in the media.

First ladies attend functions where the president himself cannot attend but where a person very close to the president represents him. This includes everything from the dedication of schools to the opening of a new community center.

The Obamas have done nothing yet that other presidents have not done or taken any privileges that other presidents have not. But still every trip they make, every vacation they take, every dinner they attend is raked over the coals again and again by media outlets like Fox.

Could it just be possible that some people are angry that a black first family has privileges that white first families have always taken for granted?

This is about the zillionth thread on here where white people complain that they can't make any criticism of the first family without being considered racist. Granted, a lot of criticism is deserved and has to be expected by any president. A lot of it is in fact not racist.

But to deny that any hostility toward Obama is ever, ever racist is protesting too much.
Any honest person has to admit that racism isn't dead (I know, I know, the members are never guilty of that).

There are indeed some people in this country who are angry that a black man is president. That's just the truth.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Everything is racist these days. The word has been used so much to divert any real discussion it has lost meaning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join