It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time is now to start buying silver and gold....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
After reading this thread I have realized the time to start buying silver and gold is now. If any of you out there have the money to start investing in something of value do it and do it now. You may have seen these videos already but here they are anyways thank you to the creator of the financial collapse summary thread...

heres the vids:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
gold and silver is fine and good, but if there is no food to buy you are done for.

having good supplies also helps.

once ive got all that, then ill buy some gold and silver and make a giant monument to obama
jk

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Sure it is great if the economy goes back to anything normal. Just like buying a house to flip. It is only worth something if someone wants to buy it. Otherwise it is worth as much as the trash I put on the corner every week.

You can't eat gold or silver.

I personally hope things don't get better. That way maybe things WILL get "better".

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'll star and flag to that.

It's begun people.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm just waiting till one day I wake up and watch the markets totaly tank. 400pt drop markets close for 2 hrs, open up drop another 400pts or whatever the failsafe is. So on and so on. Get out now if you can!

It's a suckers market unless you are all ready loaded.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Cant wait for the posters to come on here and say "but the dollar is back by the us government" LOL!!!

I agree with some other posters, stock up on food, diapers, toiletries, any food stuff along with gold and silver.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Okay, I'm all for being prepared for any crisis or emergency by stockpiling the essentials. I'm even all for buying Gold & Silver.

HOWEVER, *IF* you buy Gold & Silver now, when it is at an all-time high, expect to be throwing your money away if the US Dollar doesn't collapse and civilization as we know it ceases to exist, Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Perhaps this is why the poor stay poor and the rich get richer. The poor buy high from the rich and sell low to the rich, losing twice. The rich buy low from the poor and sell high to the poor, winning twice.

If you wanted to stockpile a tidy sum of Gold and Silver than you should have done so when Silver was $3.50 a Troy Ounce and Gold was $254 a Troy Ounce. I'd say you missed your window of opportunity for buying Low by a little over 9 years!

(For those of you who are still young, don't worry if you bought Gold & Silver recently. It will be going back up to a similar high in about 30 years.)

[edit on 2-9-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Gold and silver can preserve wealth had you bought those years ago. Also, most people don’t have enough wealth to bother. If you are working with less than 10K skip the metals (except lead). Convert your cash assets into goods like lead, alcohol, foods, and seeds. Foods being the best because you can consume them even in the best of times.

People pushing gold right now are the scabs that want to drive the price higher.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absum! Foods being the best because you can consume them even in the best of times.

People pushing gold right now are the scabs that want to drive the price higher.

Like Colbert is always fond of saying, now is the time to buy Campbell's Soup Stock. It's the kind of investment you can really sink your teeth into.

And don't forget cartons of cigarettes. Just as cigarettes are a form of currency in Prison, they will be a standard form of currency in any SHTF scenario as well.

However, you are absolutely right about those who are pushing Gold. It is either those who bought too late to ride the wave who are wanting to make some kind of profit margin before it crests and plummets again, or the greedy who want to squeeze every last drop from the gullible while they can.

Remember, what makes Gold and Silver so stable is that it has a very predictable 30-year Investment Cycle. You can almost track the Highs and Lows with a watch or calendar. It will not remain this high for much longer, if previous cycles (including what happened during the Great Depression) are any indicator.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I forgot vice items like cigarettes. Hey I will go as far as saying gold and silver coins won't work well in a total melt down society. Why? Well I can't weigh them, tell the purity, and make change for them. A cup of booze, 10 smokes, a pound of sugar. They have divisibility, and I can measure them physically. That is the key to liquidity in the SHTF world we may be living in.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Absum!]

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Absum!]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Honestly, gold is nice, but stock up on seeds and real estate...real estate is the biggest beneficiary of hyper inflation. I don't think we'll see hyper inflation for a good while, I just don't see the bond market imploding just yet...but in that event, seeds, land, then gold.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It makes me smile when people give out financial advice on here without posting any links to substantiate their claims.
At the end of the day, all you are expressing is your opinion.
today gold is throgh 990 and silver is pushing 16, that is despite the dollar holding up.
i dont think that people who are buying gold now are doing so to buy food with it in the future, i think they are expecting the dollar to collapse and do noy want to be left with worthless paper.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
It makes me smile when people give out financial advice on here without posting any links to substantiate their claims.
At the end of the day, all you are expressing is your opinion.
today gold is throgh 990 and silver is pushing 16, that is despite the dollar holding up.
i dont think that people who are buying gold now are doing so to buy food with it in the future, i think they are expecting the dollar to collapse and do noy want to be left with worthless paper.

PEACE,
RK

Uh, you could have started by watching the movie.

But yes people would much rather be left with something tangible than something good only for wiping their rear. To believe that US dollar is going to be around much longer is completely delusional. Frankly, I am shocked it has kept going this long. But they keep continually propping it up, delaying the inevitable.

Here's what the gold naysayers fail to grasp.

Two scenarios, first scenario I have $10,000. When the dollar collapses there will be a new dollar, your $10,000 is now worth practically nothing. And when one attempts to buy into the new dollar with their old money they will be shocked at the exchange rate.

Second scenario, that same $10,000 in hard assets such as gold and silver. If the US dollar collapses you will be able to exchange it for the new dollar at a much better rate than your now worthless FED notes. That's the principle people need to understand.

This should go without saying, that food and essentials should come first. Bottom line, if you don't have the money, you should be buying essentials far sooner than precious metals.

But if you are fortunate enough to have all the essentials covered, and have saved up money it would be wise to convert to a hard asset.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of people misunderstand the role of Gold, I did too until some research pointed me to a brilliant link that help me clarify the origins of money.

Read this to understand who Abstracted resources into non perishable metals and then decide. Read This

An excerpt from the link;

Abstract Value
Silver’s practical value to the ancients was essentially nil, but — rather like the peacock’s tail — the ability to expend resources on adornments was an important status marker. Silver’s value was derived entirely from its uselessness and scarcity, which made it valuable for being valuable in much the same way that Paris Hilton is famous for being famous.

Silver quickly became the primary currency. (though barley was still used as small change) of the rich, who could now “store value” indefinitely. We should pause here for a moment to make very clear the problem they were trying to solve and the nature of the solution. A small minority controlled such a large share of the society’s resources, so much more than they could consume, that they were forced to waste excess commodities, thus they sought to overcome the natural limitations of ecological productivity using a mixed metaphor in which short-lived organic commodities. (that fulfill biological needs) were “converted” into long-lived metallic ones(that fulfill social wants).

History has moved on significantly and the levels of abstraction have brought on a lot of exotic financial instruments but ultimately the slavery that Solon tried to abolish is prevalent today by stealthy means.

People are trading their lives away in the pursuit of abstract wealth that is controlled by those who poses a lot more than they do. Gold cant be eaten and doesn't bring happiness. Please dont become noise on the market that will feed these people.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by pixanomaly]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The time to buy gold was twenty years ago. You are a little late.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't think gold is the answer. The folks out there hawking gold at the moment are taking fear and looking to make a profit, IMO. In any event, investment decisions should not be made by listening to a bunch of scripted news blurbs.

If you do choose to buy gold, you need to so some research on what you are buying. Much of the "gold" folks are selling is not actually physical gold, despite the joker on the commercial holding up a piece of it. Much of it is simply a synthetic security based on the speculative value of the gold. If you want to get gold, get physical gold. Get it in your hot hand and keep it in a safety deposit box or a quality safe. These firms will also look to sell you "safe keeping services". If they do, tell them to stick it and send you the metal and you do the safekeeping.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It is always good to have many different investments and spread your wealth around. Be prepared for anything and everything because you never know when a "bubble" is going to occur in a particular sector. We will have a gold and silver bubble eventually. We need to invest our resources in taking America back from the Federal Reserve, Goldman Sachs, and people with the last names of Clinton, Emanuel, Ayres, Soros, Bush, Rockefeller, and Bernanke, etc.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Metals now is a sellers market. Good luck trying to find someone to buy if you need to cash in and if you do, Expect all kind of BS penalities and way below spot.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

star for you king,
watched this video and another 100 like it,
my voice is aimed at the 2 posters on this thread who are actively downtalking gold and silver without any real proof for what they are saying.
if they can post links to back up their statements then i will shut up. truth is they can not because they are just expressing their opinions. Gold is up 10% in the last month and silver is up over 10% in the last week.
at the end of the day, you can spend your dollars as you please but my advice is sell them....sooner rather than later.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
I don't think gold is the answer. The folks out there hawking gold at the moment are taking fear and looking to make a profit, IMO. In any event, investment decisions should not be made by listening to a bunch of scripted news blurbs.

If you do choose to buy gold, you need to so some research on what you are buying. Much of the "gold" folks are selling is not actually physical gold, despite the joker on the commercial holding up a piece of it. Much of it is simply a synthetic security based on the speculative value of the gold. If you want to get gold, get physical gold. Get it in your hot hand and keep it in a safety deposit box or a quality safe. These firms will also look to sell you "safe keeping services". If they do, tell them to stick it and send you the metal and you do the safekeeping.

YEP,
The only gold to have is the stuff that you can hold in your grubby mitts,
if you dont trust a bank with your money, why would you trust them with your gold? safety deposit boxes are fine but when the banks close, do you think they will let you in to empty your box??

PEACE,
RK

<<   2  3  4 >>

join