It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be The One Who Survives The Next Natural, Or Man Made Disaster!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

There's lots of rumors filling the virtual World of impending doom. Whether it be from coming natural disasters, or the ever increasing anticipation of man made disasters. I decided to go looking for comprehensive sources that could help all of us in the preparation for said events.

I found three sites that I am still finding to be full of incites helping further along my ability to be useful during these times. Possibly You all might find them interesting too.

Peace,

Sancho

Many of these tips came from lacetoleather.com

What to do in an Earthquake:
www.lacetoleather.com...

What, and how to prepare in order to survive Hurricanes, or Tornadoes:
www.lacetoleather.com...

What's needed to survive, and prepare for a wildfire where You live:
www.lacetoleather.com...

What's needed to survive a biological/chemical attack:
www.lacetoleather.com...

Another site that I believe gives better DIY instructions for a chemical/biological attack, or exposure is here:
www.chemical-biological-attack-survival-guide.com...
I like them because they lay everything out in simple easy to understand terms; such as these four basic rules:

1. Detection
2. Protection
3. Decontamination
4. Medication

This second site also gives directions on how to decontaminate Yourself should You be exposed to bio/chemical agents:
www.chemical-biological-attack-survival-guide.com...

The final disaster, What to do in the event of a Nuclear explosion, or dirty bomb.
www.ki4u.com...

My favorite site out of the ones I am looking at so far is the lacetoleather.com Everything listed below is a link to fairly decent overall information.

HURRICANE SURVIVAL
WILDFIRE SURVIVAL
SURVIVAL ESSENTIALS:
DISASTER FINANCE
SAFETY AND FIRST-AID
PROTECTION
HEALTH
WATER
FOOD AND NUTRITION
FOOD PREPARATION
REFRIGERATION
ENERGY FOODS
SNACK FOODS
MEDICINAL FOODS
DRINKS
COOKING METHODS
HEAT
LIGHT
BE EFFICIENT
SANITATION
PET SURVIVAL
SURVIVING IN STYLE
GAS MASKS
BIOLOGICAL ATTACK
CHEMICAL ATTACK
WARNING SIGNS
WILL YOU LET THEM WIN?
MAKE YOUR OWN SURVIVAL KIT
HOME SURVIVAL KIT LIST
SURVIVAL PRODUCTS
SURVIVAL BOOKS

[edit on 2-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

hey sancho, good topic
humor is also good for survival, it lightens the mood and makes life worth living...the title of the thread made me remember these guys and their prank
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d765d1e636cb.jpg[/atsimg]

The Yes Men, a group of environmental and corporate ethics activists pushing a "SurvivaBall", designed to save corporate executives from the effects of global warming, pulled a prank on Halliburton at the Catastrophic Loss conference held at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Amelia Island, Florida.

The group, which has pulled similar stunts on Dow Chemical Co. and the World Trade Organization, says it presented the phony global-warming-protection suits -- priced at $100 million each, nonetheless -- to show that corporations are more concerned about profits than taking expensive steps to reduce carbon emissions to reduce global warming.

ethicscrisis.com...

$100 million for a survival suit!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
all you'll ever need.

Zombie Survival Guide

... and you think I'm joking...

-

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Another awesome thread full of useful information! Thank you so much for posting this. Lets hope none of us will be needing this info anytime soon!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Warrenb,

It's always good to see You in any thread. There haven't been too many occasions that I didn't smile, or get a chuckle out of Your post.

reply to post by prevenge

I'll check it out, and thank You for contributing to the thread!

reply to post by Greenize

Hi greenize,

I'd like to believe that also, but like so many others I just have a feeling something wicked this way comes......

So, study up!!!! I actually thought of You, and many others when I read the Pet link on the one site.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Excellent Thread!!!

The information in the links is exactly what this forum is all about...

Good Job

Semper

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks Semper. I appreciate that. Hopefully this will allow some People to think through preparations, and be the ones to help others in time of need.

new topics

top topics

join