It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Logic Survive Death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I came across this on the internet

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

It is a good article about how logic can survive after death.

What are your views on this?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
For the moment, there's this:

Jung now entered the lengthy period of his dark night of the soul, already discussed. He began to emerge from this period in 1916, with his compelling encounter with the spirits of the dead who sought enlightenmentt from him as to who and what they were.

Jung eventually concluded that the dead are dependent on the living for receiving answers to their questions, that is, on those who have survived them and exist in a world of chance: as if onniscience or, as I might put it, omniconsciousness, were not at their disposal, but could only flow into the psyche of the living, into a sould bound to a body. The mind of the living appears, therefore, to hold an advantage over that of dead in at least one point: in the capacity for attainiing clear and decisive cognitions.

Jung was not the first to be aware of the uncanny phenomenon of the dependence of the dead upon the living.

The Irish poet William Butler Yeats, during the four year period when he communicated with the spirit world with his wife, Georgie, also observed that the spiritis seemed to manifest among us as much for their own sake as for ours.

' We are starved', the spirits cried out to Yeats at one point. He wondered what this could mean. did the spiritis have to pass through the mind and imagination of a mortal person to acquire some definition of themselves? Could they have knowledge of their form and their being only if it was spelled out for them in the vocabulary of the living, sensuous world ?

Source: New Dawn magazine, Vol. 116. Sept-Oct.2009. John Chambers, article: 'Carl G. Jung, Speaker for the Dead'.

The above suggests that logic dies with the physical body, although personal experience suggests otherwise

[edit on 2-9-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No, Logic does NOT die with the body. As long as you can get your Katra to Mount Seleya.

Live Long and Prosper

[edit on 2-9-2009 by midnightbrigade]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am probally misinterpreting this but? Dosent that article just show that there is a afterlife of some sort???? Saying how the dead need the living? Im not arguing just confused

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I am probally misinterpreting this but? Dosent that article just show that there is a afterlife of some sort???? Saying how the dead need the living? Im not arguing just confused

Yes, that's my interpretation also (i.e., that there is an afterlife of some kind)

However, it also appears to be saying that the afterlife state is one of at least semi-consciousness, i.e. lack of awareness to such an extent that it becomes lack of awareness of self, of one's history, etc.

Also seems to be saying that the dead need the living in order to make sense of themselves -- that without the medium of a living-brain/mind to run things through, the dead exist in a form of coma

This does tend to contradict a compelling experience I had with someone who'd died approx. 6 months earlier. However, when I subject the experience to the theory above (in the article) it actually makes more sense of the experience

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What I read in this about horizontal gene transfer is very interesting. It could explain some things how some kind of consciousness could exist even after death.

Thanks for the article.

new topics

top topics

join