It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militias Revisited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Militias Revisited

cornellsun.com

After several years of growth in the 1990s, the militias began losing power and for the past decade they have nearly disappeared. However, they are returning and with greater strength than ever.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 9/2/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well i was hoping for a less bias more informed article on the subject instead what i got was a barrel full of pro-government propaganda.. basically this article smears the militia movement.. the only inciteful information it does give is that it says that 50 training camps have opneed across the united states by militia groups who are made up of mostly ex-police and ex-military... the end of the article really is mind blowing.. " How far should our freedom of speech rights extend?" and this coming from an ivy league school... so to say the least i was very disappointed and pretty annoyed at the bias and hate in this article..

cornellsun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 9/2/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've seen a couple of these "militia training camps". Generally, they are nothing more than a private firing range.

All of this talk of militias is about discouraging people from standing up to their government. I mean, if we paint all militias as bad, that majority of people arent going to want to help.

Its no different that what was done post-9/11 with middle-easterners. Start drilling it into the publics mind that all terrorists are midldle-eastern, and soon people start to think all middle-easterners are terrorists. Then its no problem when we go and bomb the every living poop out of them.

mark my words, a "War on Militias" of some sort is coming next, probably under the guise of fighting domestic terrorism. Nevermind that right there in our constitution it says the people'se right to:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Heck, when I typed in "right to militia" into google, the second hit I got was an article about extremism in america.

Coincidence?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

well said... it does certainly seem that the way. the rhetoric coming out of the white house from homeland security, holder and obama seems to be that of a propaganda war against the militia movement..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

well said... it does certainly seem that the way. the rhetoric coming out of the white house from homeland security, holder and obama seems to be that of a propaganda war against the militia movement..

Sadly, it's not just Obama, and it's not just about militias. This country has been at war against itself for a long time. Its a war for your mind.

edit to add: good find by the way. Star and flag.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Heck, when I typed in "right to militia" into google, the second hit I got was an article about extremism in america.

Coincidence?

america was born on extremism.. definately not a coincedence... first comes the media blitz... next.. who knows?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Of course militia are the bad guys - theyre here to protect
the constitution. God knows we can't have anyone doing
that now, can we? OOh, ex-police and ex-military, now
I'm scared,
- at least they'll know how to handle
the weapons they've got! We gotta have our boogey men
in this country, I can't think of a time when we didn't. Start
a pool on who's next?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't think it's cool that the Prez can start a coup and somehow there is this notion that we are not supposed to discuss militias.

There militia is the media.

I say that we revolutionalize and make everything public.

Here's the great part about it. It took 200 years to infiltrate the US government. We only need 3. They can try to infiltrate us of they want, but we are far greater than them.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
When the SHTF malitias will form out of nowhere..It will start as family members coming together, then your friends with their family members coming together with you, then your neighbors with their family and friends joining you...etc...It will happen and it will be unstoppable....

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I've got a question does a militia have to have ex forces with guns can anyone start one as back up option for the community or is it legalised ?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

a militia is any number of citizens from any number of backgrounds who train to defend themselves... any militia is legal because it is gaurenteed to us by the second amedment in the US constitution...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

oh right thanks for the extra information

you know if they are legal here in the UK as i think i would be grate for us to have some back up you know incase the police cant help for some reason.

say a natural disaster which could take time for police to get help and the people already living in that area could meet up and help very quicky.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Three units still maintain their militia designation in the British Army, two in the Territorial Army and one in the Army Cadet Force. These are the Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (formed in 1539), the Jersey Field Squadron (The Royal Militia Island of Jersey) (formed in 1337), and the Royal Alderney Militia (created in the 13th century and reformed in 1984). Additionally, the Atholl Highlanders are a (ceremonial) private army maintained by the Duke of Atholl — they are the only legal private "army" in the United Kingdom.

from wikipedia...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KAKUSA
When the SHTF malitias will form out of nowhere..It will start as family members coming together, then your friends with their family members coming together with you, then your neighbors with their family and friends joining you...etc...It will happen and it will be unstoppable....

Exactly. That's why Infragard was cranked up a few years ago, to organize and protect in the event we are whacked by a dozen terrorism attacks at one time as threatened.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Thanks its ashame i cant join any of those groups due to me not passing the Armed Forces medical plain picky if you ask me

Looks like we need more comminity based ones if you ask me,

without guns but just looking out for its area.

thanks for replying to my questions

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

wish i knew how to put videos on here... :p

These militias are concentrated in the Midwest, Pacific Northwest and the Deep South, according to Mark Potok, an SPLC staff director who co-wrote the report

[edit on 2-9-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The best militia is the one in your neighborhood full of your neighbors. Of course, that militia will not form until the lights go out and people start to run low on food and gas.

(Katrina, Rita, Ike)

Later this month, I am going to a political meeting. My first EVER. I would urge all of you to do the same, regardless of which party you belong to.

People are taking sides and in a situation were our economy is one truth away from collapsing (think I'm kidding?), it might do us all some good to expand our professional networks.

I am leary of just running out and joining a local militia. There is going to be an incident with a militia group at some point in the near future. After the government slaughters the "evil doers," you'll start having serious second thoughts about what you have committed to.

It's going to get bad; when it does, take care of your family first. Then your neighbors. Then join the militia.

However, it would do us all good to get some practice in at the shooting range. Just remember there is more to shooting a gun then shooting a gun.

Be extremely careful who you associate with right now. And be careful what you say to strangers.

If your going to join a militia, put allot of thought into it first.

Peace until War.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think the fearmongering over the militias is a bit goofy, personally.

Then again I also think the militias are a bit goofy, and I wouldn't trust them to protect the a parking meter, let alone the Constitution. Most of these guys I talk to seem to be eager to bring back the Civil War.

Yeah, ending slavery was where the country went wrong

Apparently 620,000 dead Americans was not enough, what we need is a do-over, this time with nukes instead of grapeshot.

Sure buddy

So again, I'm left out alone in the cold, with nobody's Kool-Aid to drink

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

militias are historical unreliabale in that they are militias... because it is a militia you can leave when you want, fight as long as you want and train only as hard as you want to train... thats the benefits of being in a militia depending on how you look at it..

<<   2 >>

join