It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig born with a Monkey face !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yes, this miracle happened in China and many very amused to see a Pig born with a Monkey head !! Curious people came to the owner Feng Changlin after the news spread in Fengzhang village, Xiping township in China.

The pig looks just like a monkey, with two thin lips, a small nose and two big eyes. It has rear legs which are also much longer than its forelegs, causing it to jump instead of walk. The big question is whether this pig would live on ground or climb on trees when it grows up. People have suggested the owner to keep the piglet in observation.

Source

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

what the hell, we should name this new species "pinkus horribilus "

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Weird! A Pigkey...

Second Line

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sweet mercy! The thing looks like something from one of the Star Wars movies! So is this an example of monkey/pig crossbreading, or is it just a birth defect? Or maybe latent genes activating?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Looks like the ManBearPig to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They should call it Punkey or Mig.

Is this for real? The stuff of nightmares!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Looks like papa smurf except hes not blue.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They don't know whether or not it will climb trees when it grows up...?

That's some birth defect. I don't even know what you would call that, maybe a veterinarian would. But I agree, I would keep it in observation... it might not have long to live.

Edit- There is a striking lack of information about swine birth defects on the internet. I'm shocked. I asked my mom what you would call that. She said "Monsters Inc.?" and then said "Craniofacial abnormality."

Striking lack of information about that in pigs online, too.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
am I the ONLY person who thinks the bright white color around the head makes that silly pic look totally photoshopped and fake????

What happened to the discerning minds of ATS?

Thats so fake its practically cardboard and your falling for this?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Seeing it makes me sad. What kind of life will that monkeyswine have? On exhibition, under observation, always a freak. Who will love it?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am sure this is a fake. I say this because I am sure I saw a face like it in exactly the same angle on a forum a few years ago. The photo I think was posted in the midst of a flame war. I cannot prove this unless I go hunting through my old haunts and I wont because I just took a shower.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

I think it could be fake, but I don't think it has to be. Birth defects are one of those weird things... like... why make a fake picture of a birth defect? If they were going for a pig with a monkey face, they could have photoshopped a better job.

I've seen pictures of similar abnormalities in other species, I see no reason why this picture HAS to be a fake.

It looks like it could be Holoprosencephaly. Mom says no because it shows micrognathia.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Well, if it's photoshopped, they went to alot of trouble to make all of the different angles match! More pics.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm sure this is real. Consider that this is China, rapidly becoming one of the most toxic environments on earth. We can look forward to many more genetic mutants from our Asian friends.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Since most pigs live their lives in a sty with little 'affection' just to end up as dinner, I'd say this little bugger will be living the life of Reilly!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wonder what it tastes like

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh hey look what I found:

The piglet’s rare condition is thought to be caused by a form of holoprosencephaly, a brain development disorder that can cause cyclopia, the failure of eyes to properly separate.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Totally what I said like three posts up. I'm telling you, I don't think it's a fake, I've seen that deformity before.

More evidence:
www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

xenophilius.wordpress.com...

That's definitely what it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
it kinda looks fake to me but i don't know??

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Doesn't look like a monkey headed pig, just a piglet with a terrible deformity.

and people are saying that it may be a crossbreed hah

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Looks like an old sea captain to me.
Just put a patch on one eye. The ol' pirate pig. ARGH..... snort.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join