It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men In Black and the Black Plague of the 14th Century

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Zenagain, that's my thinking exactly. If you have flying saucers, why would you need assets on the ground spraying infectious agents?

If there's an alien connection, it would seem more plausible to believe the scythe-wielders were, perhaps, humans working in collusion with aliens.

Since Bramley's premise seems to be that ancient, secret societies are also very much mixed up in this whole dynamic, perhaps we can take the "aliens" out of the equation altogether:

Secret societies have long been rumored to possess "ancient wisdom," and to trace their roots back to some forgotten civilization which had advanced technologies. Perhaps it is reasonable to suppose that a secret society in the 14th century may have understood epidemiology and been capable of deploying some type of germ-warfare technology?

Another charge often levied against the secret societies is that part of their agenda is to drastically reduce the number of humans living on Earth. Perhaps the propogation of the Black Death represented an early attempt at reaching this goal?

Compare population figure today to those of the 14th century, and the obvious conclusion is that they failed. Secret societies do not necessarily exist in one monolithic, unbroken lineage, however, and history is rife with examples of conspirators trying the same types of things over and over, sometimes realizing their objectives, and sometimes appearing to experience setbacks.

Anyway, I've got to get back to reading the book...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well I'm up to chapter three. Bramley seems to be heavily basing his work on that of Zecharia Sitchin. So, question: Is Sitchin credible or a crackpot?

The sense I have is that most serious Ufology types regard Von Daniken as being not very credible, and I fear the same may hold true for Sitchin, perhaps for many of the same reasons.

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
The sense I have is that most serious Ufology types regard Von Daniken as being not very credible,

"Ufology types"
Well Eric was the first to present ideas of Ancient visitors to Earth to the public... so to say he is not very credible kinda shoots yourself in the foot... He has always clearly stated that those were his beliefs, that it was up to you the viewer to make up your own mind... He also has a theme park

and I fear the same may hold true for Sitchin, perhaps for many of the same reasons.

Sitchin brought us Nibiru and the Annunaki... without him there would be no talk of Nibiru, or 2012, or the Annunaki slave masters. He is a best selling author and despite the fact he says Nibiru won't be here till 2900 AD (which everyone conveniently ignores) his works have pretty much dominates the "Ufology types"

Now toss in Bob Lazar... who few believe he worked at S4, toss in Edgar Mitchell who despite being an Apollo astronaut must obviously be senile because he is now talking about UFOs and toss in Buzz Aldrin who has been making sport of the public lately with Martian monoliths...

Then on the "Ufology types" side we have Nassim Harramein, who claims to be a physicist yet ID's comet NEAT 2002 as Nibiru having come and gone... Greer from the Disclosure project feuding with Project Camelot and neither side having anything hard evidence wise to disclose, but raking in big bucks to travel the world....

Well... you asked for my thoughts

Now what exactly IS a "Ufology type"

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What's a "Ufology type?"

I'm afraid you've just answered that question!

Anyway, I'm now a few more chapters into Bramley's book. One thing that bothers me is that, in talking about the various world religions which were allegedly set up or corrupted by our alien slave-masters, he keeps talking about valid spiritual concepts, vs. those spiritual concepts which are spurious, yet he cites no references or arguments which could prove which spiritual ideas are true and which aren't.

It seems pretty presumptuous for any author to just arbitrarily declare certain religious notions to be valid, and others not so, especially when he's not offering any evidence to support his assumptions.

I'll keep reading though...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Am now about halfway through the book. Bramley bases everything on the premise that the Sumerian creation myth was telling the truth when it said that we were created by ancient astronauts to help them extract Earth's natural resources, and everything that's followed, including almost every major war, just about every world religion, and the Black Death, have all been part of the "Custodial Society's" hidden agenda to control us, their slaves.

Certainly a tempting notion, but as I read his book, I keep asking myself, "To what end?"

If we are, in fact, a slave race, and every form of rigid, narrow-minded religion, every central bank, and every war have been engineered by Illuminatus to keep us in a state of slavery for our alien masters, wouldn't you expect to see humans actually doing some slave work for the aliens?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last record we have of humans helping aliens extract natural resources from this planet was in Sumerian times. Since then, there is no record whatsoever of any kind of massive mining operation whose output mysteriously disappears into the sky.

So...

We're a slave race that's not allowed to break the shackles of our slavery, but we've just been sitting on our asses for the last several thousand years, due to there being a lack of work for us to do?

If I was an alien plantation owner, I'm expect more return on my investment.

Wait, let me guess...

The reptilians are harvesting our souls, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Despite the book's flaws, I must say I do agree with Bramley's criticism of Western, apocalyptic religions and the war-profiteering central banks.

Regarding the topic of the 14th Century Black Death, he does make a strong case for something fishy going on, and it certainly doesn't limit itself to the 14th century. Besides scythe-wielding MIBs and UFO, he documents numerous cases in which the onset of the plague was immediately preceded by weird, foul-smelling mists. In one case, a ship at sea was even overtaken by such a mist, and immediately became a plague ship.

Spooky stuff!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I just watched Ancient Aliens where they discussed the black plague and the men in black that appeared at the edge of villages. I started to think about the idea of how the plagus started. Someone in this link said it was spread by a caravan...wouldn't the people in the caravan be exposed and die just like the towns people. Also googling the general consencus or accepted mode of the plaque starting was the Mongols catapulting infected corpses of their own that had died from the plague over the walls of a city they had traveled to lay siege to... I would think that 1. if they already had dead, they would all be too sick or would have died off awhile ago..2.Made them sound like they were traveling around with this "sickness" There is another book by John Noyl ..or something close to that, that was written in 1926 that supposedly mentions the accounts of hooded MIB , lights in the night sky before infection and cigar shapped ships in the air and foul smelling mists I remeber watching a documentary on Haley's commet a few years back and they said when it came in the 15th century people shut their windows and closed up their doors, they beleived the comet would spread the plague. So they were associating any light in the night sky w/ a comet. I think something happened beyond what it appears on the surfface. Was it for good or bad, I don't know. If the MIB were real, they possibly served a purpose...possibly as a warning. Perhaps the general population was wicked. I read on another forum that after the plague the living standards went up for everyone since there were less people and laborers wages went up, I think just like everything from our Government to religion we are given an edited version of what really happened , a version for the general public.
BTW if you want to see something really weird google Charlie Chaplin the circus man with cell phone, also on you tube. There is a person walking down the street in the background of the movie (1926) and it looks like they are talking on a cell phone....they then see they are being filmed and smile. Everyone at my house that saw it says that it is deffinately strange.. Hope I have not digressed too much.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last record we have of humans helping aliens extract natural resources from this planet was in Sumerian times. Since then, there is no record whatsoever of any kind of massive mining operation whose output mysteriously disappears into the sky.

no record? Have you been watching NASA? The space shuttle missions end for good next year. Whatever they are doing will be finished.

The Raffaello MPLM, also known as MPLM-2, is one of three Multi-Purpose Logistics Modules which were operated by NASA to transfer supplies and equipment to and from the International Space Station. Raffaello was used for three of the ten MPLM flights to the space station, with Leonardo being used for the remainder.
en.wikipedia.org...

From the WikiLeaks Wallpaper thread:

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by Cydonia195
Has anyone noticed the box that the Apollo emblem is on is the box from Portal? Wanna take a ride? :^)

The space shuttle program is scheduled to end June 28, 2011.

"With the early end of the Space Shuttle program in 2011, the Raffaello and Leonardo modules will have flown a combined total of eleven times."

Scheduled missions

NET 28 June 2011 STS-135 ISS Atlantis Raffaello

en.wikipedia.org...

Raffaello=Raphael

"According to the Hadith, Raphael (Israfil in Arabic) is the Angel responsible for signaling the coming of Judgment Day by blowing the horn (namely Sûr) and sending out a "Blast of Truth"....
The first blow of the Sûr signals the beginning of the Judgment Day and with the second blow, all the souls are gathered somewhere between heaven and hell, and interrogated for their good deeds and sins."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join