It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science says we don't die

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well then from a scientific standpoint I would have to say that life, as we know it would ceases to exist which could be interpreted as death. Everything in our reality, the way we know this world is based upon our bodies 5 senses and our brain putting what we know together. So when our human bodies die and rot away we would lose all of that.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

You're not aware of the work of David Bohm and Karl Pibram then, or other modern scientists like Ervin Laszlo.

Information - the whole thing, is alive and aware, and you are in it, and nothing is forgotten.

That's the old paradigm you're paying lip service to, the materialist monist worldview, but it's not the actual reality we are emersed within.

And our consciousness CAN and does reside outside of or independent from, the body.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
WHOA! just yesterday i was talking about how, life could actually be like a dream..what if the dream you had where u got shot and died was a "real" reality and when you "died" u ressurected in ur bed like WHOA that was a crazy dream..

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

any time I hear "anti-aging" I hear "Aubrey Degray".

Anyway...
We can definitely die. We may transfer our energy into another state, but it's our consciousness that defines who we are. Without our brain, we cannot exist as we know it. But I promise you... you won't care if you cannot comprehend your nonexistence.. lol

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
reply to post by angelx666

any time I hear "anti-aging" I hear "Aubrey Degray".

Anyway...
We can definitely die. We may transfer our energy into another state, but it's our consciousness that defines who we are. Without our brain, we cannot exist as we know it. But I promise you... you won't care if you cannot comprehend your nonexistence.. lol

We can definately die?

That statement makes no sense because there's no evidence that matter, energy and information can die.

You can't even prove that matter has an objective existence. Could we live in a simulation? Is the universe holographic? Maybe matter is the output of complex computations that's taking place in the vacuum.

These are all theories supported by Professors from Oxford to M.I.T.

Here's an interesting paper:

Abstract: The question of survival of bodily death is often considered to be beyond contemporary scientific methods and conceptual categories. However, recent research into spontaneous radiations from living systems suggests a scientific foundation for the ancient association between light and life, and a biophysical hypothesis of the conscious self that could survive death of the body. All living organisms emit low-intensity light; at the time of death, that radiation is ten to 1,000 times stronger than that emitted under normal conditions. This deathflash is independent of the cause of death, and reflects in intensity and duration the rate of dying. The vision of intense light reported in near-death experiences may be related to this deathflash, which may hold an immense amount of information. The electromagnetic field produced by necrotic radiation, containing energy, internal structure, and information, may permit continuation of consciousness beyond the death of the body.

www.springerlink.com...

What this is saying is that, energy and information leaves the body at death and it can survive death because this information is contained in the electromagnetic field.

It's interesting because there's a theory called the CEMI field theory that says consciousness is an EM Field.

Here's some info:

The last cemi field proposition is that the brain’s (conscious) em field can itself influence neuronal firing. Like the first proposition, this is easy to prove and is indeed inevitable. Radio sets and TV’s are designed to be sensitive to the electromagnetic fields of radio waves; but in fact all electrical phenomena are sensitive to the surrounding em field. Neurones are fired by specific structures, known as voltage-gated ion channels that respond to the external em field. Mostly they are gated in such a way that only massive changes to the brain’s em field are likely to influence neurone firing. However, in a busy brain there will be many neurones teetering on the brink of firing and these undecided neurones may be exquisitely sensitive to the em field. The cemi field – our consciousness - will come into play when the brain is poised to make delicate decisions.

That concept of information encoded as an electromagnetic field is actually a very familiar one. We routinely encode complex images and sounds in em fields that we transmit to our TV and radio sets. What I am proposing is that our brain is both the transmitter and the receiver of its own electromagnetic signals in a feedback loop that generates the conscious em field as a kind of informational sink. This informational transfer, through the cem field, may provide distinct advantages over neuronal computing, in rapidly integrating and processing information distributed in different parts of the brain. It may also provide an additional level of computation that is wave-mechanical, rather than digital; one that drives our free will. This is the advantage that consciousness provides: the capacity to make decisions.

www.surrey.ac.uk...

So this field that contains your memories, thoughts, ideas, awareness and more can be transfered from one state to another state.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

Originally posted by The_Truth818
i believe that our bodies use our soul like an endless supply of energy to keep us running, kind of like a battery.

actually, not bodies use soul but the opposite, 'soul' (as you say it) use body like a transport

for example, if you treat transport well, clean, polish it, don't slap the doors, protect from corrosion, replace missing details etc it can work for you forever, so its all depends how you treat your transport

I agree with you on the transport part.
Not so much..... everything else..... You have to remember, we are organic lifeforms, so we will eventually wither and die. Physically anyway. Even if we do keep our bodies in tip top shape for as long as possible, we'll still age. There is nothing that can stop that process.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Science says we don't die

That statement is a fine one and it may very well be true. But....entrophy, flawed DNA, our tendency towards acting as a species of Virus with anything we interact with and Chuck Norris says we do!

Dos Centavos

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

I agree. The other poster was making assumptions based on the Materialist Monist POV, which is difficult to break out of for most people.

But the brain as nothing more than a transmission and reciever quantum computer enmeshed within a quantum hologrphapic universe comprised of information processing and storage, presumes no such thing (that consciousness is matter dependant, and cannot survive without the brain).

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I feel conscious of something where it is clear that no one has any proprietary claim to a particular past life or lives. Like a string of pearls, each representing a particular lifetime, each one can be arranged on a string to produce an entity consisting of any particular combination. These pearls however can be copied indefinitely or just exist as a shared and connected common point (effectively similar). A particular incarnation is the necklace and each pearl contains its previous strands.

Man, I'm not sure what I'm witnessing all the time nowadays. It's certainly strange and difficult to express. Who did this to me?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Our conscience may or may not make it through death. Only one way to find out.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well i believe that our "EGO" will not exist, but are awareness will continue to exist in one for or another. Mabey are awareness would just be a feeling of motion, thats it?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What if at the most fundamental level, our most essential "I am" observing awareness doesn't die?

Is that not just as feaky a notion as eternal non-existence as the materialist-atheists believe ie: that the human being is a thing which doesn't extend beyond the skin?

Anyway, ran across this thread, though i'd resurrect it. Some interesting posts and posters in it.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

u die as also everyone die, since one is only out of objective constancy, when that objective change u die totally it is not u anymore at all

what u mean about souls is not u it is to truth infinite possible free wills out of objective truth, when objective is never in truth ur soul is deformed in possessions by else powers that abuse all souls for its eternal constancy

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There is only one thing I know, that mankind does know beyond all doubt." We know only one billionth of one percent of absolutely nothing '.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Its obvious we don't die. I mean if the seasons of the year don't convince you then I don't know what can. Trees and plants Spring, and they Fall. June bugs only seem to be around in June and a little bit of July yet after that they disappear, and come back for the next year. All you have to do is observe, and witness with your own two eyes. Science doesn't need to tell you otherwise or even Atheist for that matter. They say seeing is believing, well if your seeing then you better be believing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join