It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEC investigation: We missed Madoff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

SEC investigation: We missed Madoff

money.cnn.com

Securities and Exchange Commission watchdog says regulators missed 'numerous' red flags that suggested a Ponzi scheme was underway.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is the "duh" moment of the century.

I'm sorry but I still have a nagging feeling that Madoff was a pawn and that somebody was directing and shielding him until it was time to take the SEC down. I really do. I wonder if somebody will get him a presidential pardon or maybe they don't care that much about him. I don't know. No proof - purely a nagging feeling.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

If the folks investigating the SEC's complete failure here, they need to do one thing. Look at each person that came across the complaints or red flags, and each person tasked with investigating Madoff, on any level, and see where they went when they left the SEC. See who they went to work for, see how that new job might tie into Bernie. I'm sure you'll find that some of these folks found themselves working at very high paying jobs that were connected to Bernie in some manner.

the SEC admitting they botched the job now is the equivalent of the coca cola company announcing that they think they might have made a mistake when they came out with new coke.

new topics

join