It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 billion barrels of oil on the wall...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
BP makes "giant" oil find in Gulf of Mexico

finance.yahoo.com... 68427118.html?x=0&.v=6

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

The report I read this morning said it was potentially 8 billion.
Anyway. I wonder just how much more oil they'll find at those depths.

I can't find the story now. Here's another one

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 2-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Good, maybe the price of oil will go down? I mean if you just whisper "Iran" into a traders ear the price skyrockets. So if you whisper "1 billion barrels found" it should go down. Right? I mean, isn't that how it works?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Good, maybe the price of oil will go down? I mean if you just whisper "Iran" into a traders ear the price skyrockets. So if you whisper "1 billion barrels found" it should go down. Right? I mean, isn't that how it works?

That is the way it should work, but since we live in Obama's world it actually means that taxes on oil should be raised.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Regarding the size of the oil reserve: if the discovery is mined and refined, it would be enough to provide gasoline for only the United States for only 3 years.

Please refer to the posts on Peak Oil.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
the article says that oil would still have to be over $70 a barrel to be profitable for them to produce.

:/

i got all excited at first until i read that lol

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barathrum
the article says that oil would still have to be over $70 a barrel to be profitable for them to produce.

It's about there today (70/barrel).

Heres why I think this is both good but will not help us.

1) It's expensive to drill in deep water.
2) Offshore platforms are not cheap to buy or run.
3) We would need more refinaries to process it, or reduce how much we are importing.
4) They need congress to allow new offshore production in the gulf.
5) Congress isn't likley going to allow it, except it's BP so maybe they will.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I am curious about your political views you do realize that dem,republican=the same thing its all a big lie i really hope you are not one of thosepeople who say, my party is better than yours..Ever read "the art of war"classic divide and conquer only give the people 2 choices no matter what they think?I hope you are smarter than that..they are both equally evil..peace

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

No, it'll just go up some more on "fears" that Texas might secede and declare war on the U.S.

www.thecypresstimes.com...

[edit on 2/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Barathrum

It's about there today (70/barrel).

Heres why I think this is both good but will not help us.

1) It's expensive to drill in deep water.
2) Offshore platforms are not cheap to buy or run.
3) We would need more refinaries to process it, or reduce how much we are importing.
4) They need congress to allow new offshore production in the gulf.
5) Congress isn't likley going to allow it, except it's BP so maybe they will.

yeah

in a way it reminds me of scotty on star trek. just when you think he doesn't have the power, he somehow magically does.

in the long run it won't help us, since it's basically saying that things are going to at least stay the same. it seems a bit misleading

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just as BP was named as a beneficiary of the release of some guy who may or may not have blew up a plane over that place with the sheep. Good press follows bad, it's like clockwork.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
reply to post by RRconservative

I am curious about your political views you do realize that dem,republican=the same thing its all a big lie i really hope you are not one of thosepeople who say, my party is better than yours..Ever read "the art of war"classic divide and conquer only give the people 2 choices no matter what they think?I hope you are smarter than that..they are both equally evil..peace

Do you realize that your reasoning is becoming cliche' here on ATS?

Both parties are the same......blah, blah blah.

With the embarrassment that McCain wrought on the Republican party, I don't even consider myself a Republican. I am a Conservative!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I acutally posted it because I thought it was more or less funny.
It does not matter how much we find here, until they change Wall street crooks that completely F**k us everyday by doing nothing but trading paper instead of real stuff.

No matter what we will get screwed.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good catch Slayer!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
this won't make a bit of difference

why?? because of OPEC,,, the legal oil cartel

however many barrels come out of there,,,,, opec will just reduce there production by that much,,,,, so we still have the same amount of barrels and a manipulated price,,,, to be whatever they want it to be

from the anna korin speech,,,,

a new countrywanted to join opec,,, and would add an additional 3 million barrels a day,,,, this would be good and bring prices down

wrong,,,, over two months opec just reduced other countries barrels a day by that same 3 million

so no,,, we added no extra barrels,,,, it's a big chess game

new topics

top topics

join