It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

antispyware containing adware !!! (wrong)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
img215.imageshack.us...

i have uploaded a photo of proof for the innocent non believers,this is in fact...
spybot search&destroy,before years i used it as well...it was good,then i saw-
in order for the program to work you have to agree to instal "WHEN.U.SAVE" as well (advertising program/popups/annoyance),u can see it in startup items,in process,and in add/remove programs under "whenusave""savenow""save.exe""whenu"
now i downloaded the program again to see if they removed the adware,and to my surprise,i wasnt able to find whenusave anywhere,but the warning message(in the photo) is still there,spybot contains ADWARE!and i know what im talking about ok? i just fixed my pc from the wierdest bios attack i have ever seen (it changed my pc to boot first from the usb,not in the boot device priority but from the hard disk priority,so when i go to boot device priorty i see its harddisk..and i wonder...but not smart enough to fool me)
ok the guy behind SPYBOT is a CRIMINAL! it may be in his right,but i dont agree that million of people who dont understand what advertising robots is should fool themselfs into using this piece of junk!
he should be stoned! PUTTING ADWARE IN ANTYSPYWARE are you insane?
so just get the free super anti spyware or the best "spyware doctor" or anything else,just NOT spybot. u2u me if you need any help guys.
glad i can enlighten you

edit: i was wrong/the newest edition dosnt seem to contain adware anymore
the message just sayd if we remove adware with this program,the program that installed the adware may stop work (like how ccleaner tryes to install yahoo toolbar)

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm not smart like you, but I'm smart enough to use Linux.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Judging by the image you linked, I'd have to say you have no idea what you're talking about.

Judging by my experience, I'd have to say you have no idea what you're talking about.

What happened? You mad at safer-networking.org for some reason?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

oldest trick in the book mate. cant say i surprised. also most freeware programs contain the yahoo,toolbar. wich is packaged with spyware.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
xexe got me there man,im just too much into games(and the compatibility of windows) and im too lazy running a dual boot or virtual os'es.
besides when u configure/tune/hack your windows it gets fast,secure as hell and gets the job done perfectly,i even make mine with a cool icon tab like osx.
anyway as he majority of people uses windows they should know what software to trust..and spybot isnt one of them! i cant believe its so popular,and NO ONE is ranting about this? its like a government nwo sponsored software or something...HOW COME no one else is talking about this even on google,its INEXCUSABLE.
btw afcourse ill fix my pc,when im so addicted i cant stant the thought of living without pc/net i will find a way to fix it even if i have to give my blood

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
mr bob,atleast programs like ccleaner ASK you if you WANT to install it,atleast you have a choice,and in spybot you DONT have a choice,actualy same is with the free edition of BS PLAYER

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's been an ongoing rumour for some time that the dev of Spybot had agreements with some adware providers and that Search&Destroy basically whitelisted certain adware, adware that any other antispy would catch, but not Spybot. Unfortunately it was not possible to prove beyond demonstrating just how useless Spybot was as an antispy app (not really objective though), but of course it had its fanboys to help push its popularity.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i didn't knew about that...those bastards, and to think atleast 65% bulgarians and 65% of the world population trust spybot as the best antispy software...
well we will see about that after the message has been spread!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
To be fair to free software (freeware, not shareware), there are many many brilliant examples. Of those, the ones who bundle a toolbar or similar will always give the user an opt out during installation.

They are free, and I see nothing wrong in the authors recouping funds with advertising/ppi/ppc agreements provided it is optional and it helps keep the developers update their software.

Spybot is not a brilliant example of freeware.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by quackers]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am no expert and have been using Spybot for quite along time. When I do have an issue, it ususally finds the culprit, cleans it from my system and viola I have no more problems. Unless the processes it uses are hidden I can verify that it has never run spyware on my computer. One thing about spybot is that it is distributed by a multitude of download sites. Perhaps the issue is coming from one of those, i.e. they have an advanced version. I always download from Safer Netwiorking sites only.

I think your problems are coming from something else.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
use mac...or linux....only idiots use windows

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You have to be careful where you get common software from. If you don't download Spybot Search & Destroy from www.safer-networking.org..., or compare the MD5 Checksums if you download it from a mirror, then it could have anything added to the Installer. It is commonplace for phishing sites or mirrors to serve downloads for popular software with actual Malware and Spyware attached.

I downloaded the newest version of Spybot Search & Destroy from the link above to verify what you stated and it did not install any Spyware such as When.U.Save.

Personally, I use Spybot Search & Destroy in addition to Microsoft's Malware Detection Utility and Adaware. Each tends to find things the other two don't find. With all three I tend to have all my bases covered.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Turtledub

? ok... i would prefer not to have to find all the drivers for my pc online to run on linux thanks.
and then have to install them all after intallinng a new os.

i think its too much trouble for a slight faster computor, that is slightly less vunerable. and is less comaptable.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turtledub
use mac...or linux....only idiots use windows

play any GOOD games lately? no? Didn't think so.
Atleast you can run solitare!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

that made me laugh

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
sorry but you clearly do not know what you are talking about. Patrick would never bundle adware with his program, the pop-up you see has been part of the install process of Spybot S&D for at least a few years, it simply informs you that when the program determines something is a malicious program and you remove the BOT the program will no longer work.... Not that Spybot will not work but the Whenusave program or whatever other program is detected as malicious.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
allright fellas, before when i used spybot,sure it worked for me,it cleaned some spyware infections,but that dosnt change the fact that it contains adware.
i dont know about the advanced version,maybe it dosnt contain adverts i hope.
but i always downloaded my original version from the official site,i have given you a screenshot of proof,and before even in the install there was a warning that is going to install "whenusave"
2. yea great examples like ccleanr,it ask if u want to install yahoo toolbar,afcourse checked by default (; and u can disable it,great nifty cleaner..part of a healthy cleaning routine.
3. going a little off-topic here,OS X sure is sexy,but it isnt so great,it has bloated code too and the incompatibility for everything expect mac is horrible.
linux is cool,good for hacking,but i can hack as well on my windows,besided i can customize my windows as long as i want icon,cursors,skins,themes,sounds,toolbars,docks,animated wallpaper/dreams
and i can clean it defrag/registry error clean/ spyware checks/disk checks
and it always runs EXCEPTIONAL. and btw
my fine tuned windows 7 has a word to say to your os x in the back alley (:
besides mac computers are overpriced..no thx

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OO CR*P i was wrong
the warning message of the newest edition says "that if we remove adware with this program,the host programs may stop working" like ccleaner with yahoo toolbar
o damn ): i guess i was wrong,the newest version dosnt appear to have whenusave/ads anymore
forgive me people
uncommon-sense was completly right i misread the description,but still before it was bundled with whenusave.
well i guess patrick stopped bundling adware in his program and i apologize,still i dont think i will give him my trust
man i feel really stupid what an epic failiure ):
anyway anyone uses whatever os they like,a fine tuned windows is good as an linux or os x

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No kidding Sherlock?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
mis-post. delete

[edit on 2-9-2009 by nonnez]

new topics

top topics