It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up: It's dengue fever and it's here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have web pages on the past. present, and future of dengue fever. Here is a link to the Future Page:

www.cdc.gov...

Dengue fever is an excruciatingly painful illness communicated through arthropods (many types of bugs), but most commonly through a few different strains of mosquitos. How painful? Well, the common (non-scientific) name for dengue is breakbone fever, so named because it feels like your bones are breaking when you have a bad case of dengue. Best guesses as to the availability of a vaccine range from 5 to 10 years; in other words, there is currently no way to prevent the disease other than various strategies aimed at keeping us away from its known vector bugs.

So what areas of North America are vulnerable? Here's a web page with a map. Click on the map to make it screen-sized:

www.onearth.org...

Long sleeves, anyone?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I hate mosquitos... they always bite me up. This is just one more reason to dislike them!

But good to see a disease thread on the boards that isn't Swine Flu or in any way related.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Hi there. When I was a kid, my family and I moved to the Canal Zone in Panama for 3 years ... boy, was I a moving target then for mosquitos.

I'm now an adult who has lived in the U.S. for a few decades, and two years ago, after switching to an eating plan featuring natural foods, no refined sweeteners, with sweet foods featuring only occasional fruits, brown rice syrup (good in cooked desserts like pie, pudding, etc.) and rarely maple syrup, I almost never get mosquito bites now despite living in Southern California. So something good may be happening with that. Time will tell.

BTW, that same mosquito-proof claim was made by William Dufty in his classic book Sugar Blues. You may want to take a look at that ... nowadays it's in many libraries, or you can buy a cheap used copy online.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by Uphill]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thank you OP

I seriously might have this!

I'm not the type to see a doctor so I may never know, but if start feeling like my bones are breaking I just might, since health care has been coming out of my pay for almost no use...bye bye $60 a month :-/

Either way I'll let you know.

In case you are curious I live in Lake County, OH. I have been having upper back/chest pains since noon yesterday and my boss started complaining of the same this afternoon.

What sucks is I feel that everything happens for a reason:
Found this thread, checked the map in the link, and know I've been bitten by mosquitoes. AND I believe that a virus can be created out of thin air (like money) and then become what ever vibration it receives (my own twisted theory).

reply to post by Uphill

Thanks for this info!

[edit on 2-9-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

I always heard if you eat bananas, you're more likely to get bites. In my case, I think it's genetic. My mom and I get crazy weird bites, but my dad (who has the same diet and habits as we do) never gets them.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

A report was on Yahoo yesterday that I told my wife about. She thinks it's funny that I get bites all the time and she does not.
The report stated that they finally figured out why one person gets it and another does not. Stress.
They don't like someone that has stress as it changes your blood.

I'll see if I can find time later to find the story.

So if you get bit, it might be a good/bad thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Wow.. I must have been stressed since birth because I never get bit. I remember when I was little and my sister, brother and mother would all get bit by mosquitos and I wouldnt. Even to this day they dont bite me....for some reason they really dont like the way I taste or smell..lol who knows! I would like to read this article when you find it though.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
my dad also dosnt get bites ever,maybe because dads usualy work in toxic enviroments or drink alot of alcohold?I:
anyway theres a new fever in bulgaria too,like a summer fever or something.
just exercize like usual,drink alot of vitamin c,spirulina/other vitamins eat healthy and no sickness can touch you

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Dengue fever kills, sure, but it's not true there's no cure.

MMS will probably help with this.

A quick scan of an MMS/Dengue google search shows people are having success.

www.google.com.hk...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

"A quick scan of an MMS/Dengue google search shows people are having success."

The current global status of the dengue problem as reported by the World Health Organization is not nearly as optimistic as you are:

www.who.int...

Global health numbers show an increase in dengue cases that is both statistically and medically significant. Most cases are simple dengue (less often fatal), but a persistent percentage of dengue is hemorrhagic dengue, which carries about a 2%+- fatality rate. Any vaccine with medically proven effectiveness is 5 to 10 years away.

Some problems with internet reports that differ with the above verified info include self-reporting, which may often be by folks who do not currently have health care expertise. These self-reports may or may not be correct, and if the illness was not confirmed with a medical diagnosis, a different illness may have been the culprit.

I'm ready for a new solution to the dengue problem, but in a perfect world, I'd really like to have 3rd party confirmation before I conclude that the problem is solved.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
There is no vaccine nor cure for dengue fever at this time. There has been some talk of modifying the yellow fever vaccine, but no clinic research trials have been done. Since both dengue and yellow fevers are in the family of Flaviviridae, this might be easier than if we started with nothing.

Some success with the drug Ribiviran Link (yes I know it is a wikipedia link, but it is fairly accurate) has been reported, even though it is primarily used for RSV in the United States.

Dengue is not a major problem for us in the U.S., West Nile virus (a close counterpart) actually is a bigger threat.

[edit on 9/4/2009 by Amniodarone]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

My dad had it while visiting syria during the IRAN IRAQ war.

Claims he hallucinated for a week straight and crapped a months worth everyday,
DEPENDS baby!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

A bit off topic, But do you really pay 60 dollars a month for your health care ?.. in the UK i pay £ 200 stg a month and i cant even get my teeth fixed.. which is a BIG grip over here considering Ive contributed to system since i was 14 yrs old.. guess all my monies goes to big pharmacy companies
and NHS bonuses.. sorry if of topic but you made my jaw drop like seven foot .....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
S&F

[Of course.]

Good work. ...Your reference article's title is a good one: "New Diseases on Our Doorstep." (or something like that)

Time to brush up on what Niman says about 'recombination,' and all the old research on the coming "perfect microbial storm."

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It seems that every time we get the handle on some old enemy we find it comming back from another angle...

The tuberculosis that is resurging is worse than the old consumption that Doc Halliday used to treat with copious amounts of whisky taken orally daily.......

The new wonder drugs seem to produce new wonder viruses with great regualrity,perhaps our whole way ot treating these ailments needs an overhaul?ie electro therapy etc.....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I hate mosquitos... they always bite me up. This is just one more reason to dislike them!

But good to see a disease thread on the boards that isn't Swine Flu or in any way related.

i agree with you.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by askforhelp

Bot?

As for the rest of it all just cover your drains with canvas and that'll keep the Mozzies most likely to carry 'The Dengue' where they gestate.

Also it's not a killer for most adults - but deadly to children.

Also it can relapse all by itself.

I hope this was of use in this recently re-rezzed thread.

-m0r

top topics

join